List Mgmt. 2016 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

A lot of talk about of Sydney taking logue and I think gold coast or freo could take english

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
GCS are just wild cards - with 4 top 10 picks they could really go any which way and be justified. Only guarantee is that Bowes is one of those picks. I hope Logue and English and Marshall are selected ahead of our pick, meaning the chances of a slider at our pick increase.

My opinion isn't that well informed - just reading stuff and watching clips. But I think he seems like a good option for those available at our pick. Really talented, but maybe dropped down due to a broken leg.
He looks a million bucks in the highlights, but that's the problem. Those vids don't illustrate the knocks on him (e.g. not involved enought, etc), so it's impossible to really know.

My opinion isn't that well informed - just reading stuff and watching clips. But I think he seems like a good option for those available at our pick. Really talented, but maybe dropped down due to a broken leg.
Suggest for Simpkin that a year out will bring about some slippage - like Lever in 2014. I realise an ACL is more serious than a broken leg but at pick 14, Lever looks a bargain. I am with you on a large part of the list and would be very happy with SPP, Logue or Berry at our pick. I think Gold Coast is the key to what falls out of the top 10. Will someone bid early on Bowes? They can afford a different pick with 4 top 10 so English or a different pick is a real possibility.

Suggest for Simpkin that a year out will bring about some slippage - like Lever in 2014. I realise an ACL is more serious than a broken leg but at pick 14, Lever looks a bargain. I am with you on a large part of the list and would be very happy with SPP, Logue or Berry at our pick. I think Gold Coast is the key to what falls out of the top 10. Will someone bid early on Bowes? They can afford a different pick with 4 top 10 so English or a different pick is a real possibility.

I don't think Bowes matters too much to us? He will just be one of their 4 top 10 picks.

I don't think Bowes matters too much to us? He will just be one of their 4 top 10 picks.
If the top 1-2 bid on him, then GCS will have to use pick 4 on him. It may affect how they use the other 3 picks. If I was Essendon I'd bid pick 1 on him, however there may have been some back room deals done to ensure that they only have to use pick 10 on him, thus being able to get better value for pick 4/6/8.

If the top 1-2 bid on him, then GCS will have to use pick 4 on him. It may affect how they use the other 3 picks. If I was Essendon I'd bid pick 1 on him, however there may have been some back room deals done to ensure that they only have to use pick 10 on him, thus being able to get better value for pick 4/6/8.

Yeah true.

I think it will likely be pick 6, but if it was 4 or 8 it may not change who they choose with the other picks.

GCS are just wild cards - with 4 top 10 picks they could really go any which way and be justified. Only guarantee is that Bowes is one of those picks. I hope Logue and English and Marshall are selected ahead of our pick, meaning the chances of a slider at our pick increase.

I don't think Marshall was invited to the draft which means there is probably a big chance he slips to 15+

I wouldn't be surprised to see us take Hayward considering he's projected to be around our mark. We love our south Aussie boys. He would also be the perfect Lecca replacement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you got someone as good as LeCras at pick 12 you'd be very happy.
Who are the top medium forwards in the comp, and where were they drafted? Cyril and Wingard were top 10, however both were expected to transition to midfield and both were those "x-factor" players. Stevie J was pick 24, Eddie Betts was a PSD pick. It's not really where the value is at.

GC like the skinny flashy types who can't get the ball. Well not yet.

Those are the ones they will go for.

Who are the top medium forwards in the comp, and where were they drafted? Cyril and Wingard were top 10, however both were expected to transition to midfield and both were those "x-factor" players. Stevie J was pick 24, Eddie Betts was a PSD pick. It's not really where the value is at.
Go look at the last 10+ players picked at pick 12. Then think about how many of them have had/will have, a better career in it's totality than LeCras.

Go look at the last 10+ players picked at pick 12. Then think about how many of them have had/will have, a better career in it's totality than LeCras.

So HOW are you guaranteeing someone having a career like Lecras at our pick?! It's a wholly redundant statement - why not use Dane Swan as an example? Or say SPP is compared to Dustin Martin, isn't that better!

You're implying that Hayward is going to have a career like Lecras! He could have a career like Ben McKinley... what then?! Whoops... no such guarantees exist, so you play the percentages.

See Knightmare article on draft history.
http://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_/id/18005357/knightmares-historical-afl-draft-analysis

We'll really be picking at 14, not 12. Even then, our history at that pick ain't great:

History of Pick 14:
14 Eric Hipwood Brisbane Lions Aspley 2015
14 Shannon Watt North Melbourne North Ballarat U18 1997
14 Jack Grimes Melbourne Northern U18 2007
14 Luke Penny Western Bulldogs Oakleigh U18 1998
14 Daniel Bell Melbourne Glenelg 2002
14 Lewis Jetta Sydney Swans Swan Districts 2009
14 Travis Gaspar West Coast South Fremantle 1999
14 Brett O'Farrell Sydney Swans Prahran U18 1996
14 Adam Simpson North Melbourne Northern U18 1993
14 James Sellar Adelaide Glenelg 2006
14 Fabian Francis Brisbane Bears Southern District 1991
14 Cam McCarthy Greater Western Sydney South Fremantle 2013
14 Scott Adams Brisbane Bears Clarence 1986
14 Fergus Watts Adelaide Sandringham U18 2003
14 Angus Monfries Essendon Sturt 2004
14 Mick Martin Western Bulldogs Hobart 1994
14 Nick Holland Hawthorn North Adelaide 1992
14 Luke Trew West Coast Murray U18 1995
14 Brodie Smith Adelaide Woodville-West Torrens 2010
14 Daniel Harris North Melbourne Bendigo U18 2000
14 Wayne Peters Richmond Morwell 1987
14 Grant Birchall Hawthorn Devonport 2005
14 Ben Allan Hawthorn Claremont 1989
14 Aidan Corr Greater Western Sydney Northern U18 2012
14 Jake Lever Adelaide Calder U18 2014
14 Ashley Watson North Melbourne Bendigo U18 2001
14 Andrew Hamer Collingwood Lakes Entrance 1990
14 Devon Smith Greater Western Sydney Geelong U18 2011
14 Steven Byers Hawthorn New Norfolk 1988
14 Ayce Cordy Western Bulldogs Geelong U18 2008

Last edited:
Knightmare's updated phantom:
http://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_/id/18053132/knightmare-updated-2016-afl-phantom-draft

Seriously doubt we pass over Brodie if he's sitting there! Doubt he gets out of the 10, definitely first I've seen of him dropping that much. Also has Perryman being picked at 37...
Pick 12: West Coast
Who they'll pick: Sam Powell-Pepper
Why he goes here: Powell-Pepper is a powerful ground-ball winner at 186cm, 83kg who provides heavy impact per possession. He often wins ground balls at speed and shows great power over the ball. He offers the versatility to play forward, midfield or back. He is a threat to break the lines and when used up forward he hits the scoreboard. It is likely Powell-Pepper would be used forward in his first few seasons with the view in time to push through the midfield more.

Pick 34: West Coast
Who they'll pick: Dylan Clarke
Why he goes here: West Coast needing more midfielders and small forwards, they may consider bidding on Collingwood father-son choice Callum Brown. Collingwood are likely to match bids for Brown. Given this, Clarke, the brother of North Melbourne's Ryan, may be considered here. He is a contested-ball winning beast who does his best work at stoppages. The 187cm, 85kg big-bodied midfielder distributes well by hand and has excellent endurance allowing him to get to every contest.

Expecting perryman to go a fair bit higher, I would probably go drew with our second too

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2016 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back