List Mgmt. 2016 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

So HOW are you guaranteeing someone having a career like Lecras at our pick?! It's a wholly redundant statement - why not use Dane Swan as an example? Or say SPP is compared to Dustin Martin, isn't that better!

You're implying that Hayward is going to have a career like Lecras! He could have a career like Ben McKinley... what then?! Whoops... no such guarantees exist, so you play the percentages.

See Knightmare article on draft history.
http://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_/id/18005357/knightmares-historical-afl-draft-analysis

We'll really be picking at 14, not 12. Even then, our history at that pick ain't great:

History of Pick 14:
14 Eric Hipwood Brisbane Lions Aspley 2015
14 Shannon Watt North Melbourne North Ballarat U18 1997
14 Jack Grimes Melbourne Northern U18 2007
14 Luke Penny Western Bulldogs Oakleigh U18 1998
14 Daniel Bell Melbourne Glenelg 2002
14 Lewis Jetta Sydney Swans Swan Districts 2009
14 Travis Gaspar West Coast South Fremantle 1999
14 Brett O'Farrell Sydney Swans Prahran U18 1996
14 Adam Simpson North Melbourne Northern U18 1993
14 James Sellar Adelaide Glenelg 2006
14 Fabian Francis Brisbane Bears Southern District 1991
14 Cam McCarthy Greater Western Sydney South Fremantle 2013
14 Scott Adams Brisbane Bears Clarence 1986
14 Fergus Watts Adelaide Sandringham U18 2003
14 Angus Monfries Essendon Sturt 2004
14 Mick Martin Western Bulldogs Hobart 1994
14 Nick Holland Hawthorn North Adelaide 1992
14 Luke Trew West Coast Murray U18 1995
14 Brodie Smith Adelaide Woodville-West Torrens 2010
14 Daniel Harris North Melbourne Bendigo U18 2000
14 Wayne Peters Richmond Morwell 1987
14 Grant Birchall Hawthorn Devonport 2005
14 Ben Allan Hawthorn Claremont 1989
14 Aidan Corr Greater Western Sydney Northern U18 2012
14 Jake Lever Adelaide Calder U18 2014
14 Ashley Watson North Melbourne Bendigo U18 2001
14 Andrew Hamer Collingwood Lakes Entrance 1990
14 Devon Smith Greater Western Sydney Geelong U18 2011
14 Steven Byers Hawthorn New Norfolk 1988
14 Ayce Cordy Western Bulldogs Geelong U18 2008
I'm not implying anything beyond the fact that you'd take a player as good as lecras at pick 12 and be very happy.

We rookie listing any of those docker criminals? can we change their moral judgements or are they too far off the rails? I hear steroids make u angry but then again so does the rock. makes me wonder what's going on down lavender way. Harley hasn't even had a bender yet. I blame fyfe for being such an egotistical pole smoker.

I'm not implying anything beyond the fact that you'd take a player as good as lecras at pick 12 and be very happy.
But this is a draft of 18 year olds - how do you know anyone is "as good as lecras"? That happens after drafting! Do you think Lecras would have lasted to his pick if everyone knew he was going to be as good as he has been?! How about Dane Swan at pick 58?

Thing is he only started at wafl level this year, not even sure if he did a pre season with them.
He should be able to build his tank quickly enough to play forward pocket at afl level

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
Dude, im serious abiut the year 9 comment. 10.1 is pathetic and raises serious questions about his fitness levels and commitment. Remember when Woosha was embarrassing Newman in the 2km runs? I doubt Ryan even makes it to 2kms...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I miss the days when we just jizzed over SPP-Chopsticks comparisons :(

Fyfe is the best overhead mark in the game
4qtH2Cj.gif

Dangerfield has elite burst speed and can play as a full forward.

Fyfe is the best overhead mark in the game and can play as a forward.

Priddis has curly hair.[/QUOTEfy
Dangerfield has elite burst speed and can play as a full forward.

Fyfe is the best overhead mark in the game and can play as a forward.

Priddis has curly hair.
Fyfe is the best at what head

Mate, after the last couple of drafts ivr developed a lot of faith in rohan Obrien. I trust he'll do the right thing.
Really? Looking at first 2 picks of each draft....
Duggan over weller and lamb over blakely I think were errors and obvious selections at the time.
Then last year partington taken late 20s is questionable given he spent part of this year in EP ressies. Cole with second pick was better though.

I'd be more than happy with Berry. I'm just not sure where all this trust in the clubs decision making comes from. I mean this is the same club that has had Mitch Brown on it's list for nearly 10 years and then decided it would be a good idea to play him out of position in a do or die final. This is the same club who tried to give Patrick Mcginnity another contract and had to be told by the player himself that it wasn't a good idea. I'm not as confident as you and others that their insight into anything is worth much.
Respectfully, think you're way off the mark with mcginnity. A long way

As I said, it's about development. He has the talent to be any of those I mentioned. Writing off a person being developed as a KPP after 2 seasons, especially KPF's, is still poor practice. Have a look at Josh Kennedy's productivity in his WAFL games if you get a chance - doesn't really indicate much at all. KPF's need patience and development.
Kennedy playing WAFL? He went to Carlton at draft then was straight in the Eagles team after the Judd trade was he not?

Look all jokes aside if the Club passes on SPP after all the time he has been under their noses I am ok with their decision .

If we take Berry I will be happy as I do like how he plays and he has so much upside. He is second on my wish list @ # 12 ( baring a slider .... yes Taranto I am talking about you )

Gallucci does not inspire me at pick 12. I would be pretty flat after the draft if the recruiting team used such a good pick on him.
I see him in the 20- 25 range.

If we did take Gallucci at 12 the it would be apparent that Gelati is the new dessert of choice.

So let's all hope that either He goes earlier and / or a slider lobs to us .
I don't care which I just would prefer if Gallucci was wearing another jumper in 2017 with out wings.... And I don't mean an East PERTH jumper .

I also like that Mick Ablett said Berry has the best leadership traits in the draft. Because we really really need it. Case in point 2015 AFL GF

If this were a box ticking exercise for traits that Simmo looks for, Gallucci would be there...

I seem to be repeating myself
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...d-2016-edition.1126802/page-227#post-46315701

I do think there are better options at 12 (14), so in that sense I wouldn't be as happy as previously stated ;p

Knightmate and others have said his kicking has become quite inconsistent. And his ball winning is inconsistent. When the premise of the game is to find the ball and distribute it effectively, this doesn't bode well. Not for a price like pick 12 anyhow

From the draft rumours thread: "Eagles waiting to see whats available at their 1st pick (hoping for a big bodied midfield slider) - If none of Taranto, Brodie, SPS, Logue available then they will decide between Galluci, Berry and taking SPP early."

Seems to fit the other rumours we've heard. Any name there I'd be happy with to be frank so I'm pretty excited.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2016 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back