2016 AFL Fixture. News and Speculation

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you really think half the MCC reserve is guest passes (when guest passes are capped at 5000)

Every Richmond and Carlton MCC member on the planet plus 100% guest pass allocation would need to be filled to get anywhere near 100% capacity

All the blockbuster fixtures have a sizable neutral component in both reserves...its self evident to everyone that sits in either reserve

Not going to argue because i can’t find the MCC publications to back me up, but i know i have read them somewhere on the 2015 attendance thread and visitors accounted for half the MCC attendance in both the Season opener and also Anzac day too for that matter.

Not sure about the Bombers and Cats ‘Blockbuster’ at the G in round 4, of late they haven’t even filled Etihad.
Also means a game that is usually played at Etihad is moved to the G and is really being used as the way Bombers plan on getting an extra game at the MCG, while a club that doesn’t have a stupid Etihad agreement has to suffer and move one of their games across town to compensate this

I still would prefer a NAB Cup with a GF at the end.
Bottom four sides from last year's ladder take part in Qualifying Matches to get the field back to 16.

--NAB CUP--

-FRI FEB 12-
QUALIFYING MATCH
CARLTON V ESSENDON - ETIHAD STADIUM 750

-SAT FEB 13-
QUALIFYING MATCH
GOLD COAST V BRISBANE - METRICON STADIUM 720

-------------------------------

-THU FEB 18-
FIRST ROUND
HAWTHORN V CARLTON/ESSENDON - AURORA STADIUM 710

-FRI FEB 19-
FIRST ROUND
MELBOURNE V GOLD COAST/BRISBANE - ETIHAD STADIUM 750

-SAT FEB 20-
FIRST ROUND
GEELONG V COLLINGWOOD - SIMONDS STADIUM 120
ST.KILDA V NORTH MELBOURNE - ETIHAD STADIUM 420
SYDNEY V PORT ADELAIDE - BLACKTOWN 720

-SUN FEB 21-
FIRST ROUND
ADELAIDE V WEST COAST - UNLEY OVAL, ADELAIDE 140
GWS GIANTS V BULLDOGS - STAR TRACK OVAL 440
FREMANTLE V RICHMOND - DOMAIN STADIUM 740

---------------------------------

-FRI FEB 26-
QUARTER FINALS
TBD V TBD - ETIHAD STADIUM 750

-SAT FEB 27-
QUARTER FINALS
TBD V TBD - ETIHAD STADIUM 420
TBD V TBD - TBD 720

-SUN FEB 28-
QUARTER FINALS
TBD V TBD - TBD TBD

-------------------------------

-FRI MAR 4-
SEMI FINALS
TBD V TBD - ETIHAD STADIUM 750

-SAT MAR 5-
SEMI FINALS
TBD V TBD - TBD 720

---------------------------------

-SAT MAR 12-
GRAND FINAL
TBD V TBD - TBD 720

Last edited:
Not sure about the Bombers and Cats ‘Blockbuster’ at the G in round 4, of late they haven’t even filled Etihad.
Also means a game that is usually played at Etihad is moved to the G and is really being used as the way Bombers plan on getting an extra game at the MCG, while a club that doesn’t have a stupid Etihad agreement has to suffer and move one of their games across town to compensate this

Have averaged 46k over the past five years. Two have been >50k.
Last two years haven't been as good as previous years but that's not a bad effort. I think our attendance in general has been poor due to the off field mess.

I agree with what you're saying about the extra match at the MCG though. Like a lot of Essendon fans, I’d be happy to move our match v Melbourne to Etihad in place of this to keep the amount of MCG games the same.

Big crowd > Good football, exciting game, high standard.

Nothing represents the Richmond mindset more than the above statement.

As opposed to "blame it on the SANFL" that accompanies every second port post?

Leave this kind of crap in the bay, you're a better poster than this

Basically I couldn't sleep last night because I was so excited about this game. Just imagine the television adverts on Foxfooty with mash-up of Lee Kerrigan songs accompanying visuals Joe Daniher jumping around, flailing his hands in the air. Great work AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Understand all the appeal for you but seriously as a neutral watching a game with the wooden spooners as the opener is not that enthralling.
No Carlton on Friday nights yay!
If only the AFL would open up the Anzac Day fixture to other bottom eight clubs who are poor sides or haven't treated the game and everyone with contempt.

That "traditiion" isn't up for debate.

Bombers shouldn't get prime time games either.

Not sure we are getting an extra game at the MCG, only playing the Pies once this year so my guess is we will have only 4 or 5 games there this year

Port Adelaide prediction.

Round 1 - St Kilda @ Adelaide Oval (Sun Afternoon)
Round 2 - Away

Round 3 - Adelaide @ Adelaide Oval (Sun Twilight)
Round 4 - GWS @ Manuka Oval (Sun Afternoon)
Round 5 - Geelong @ Adelaide Oval (Sat Night)
Round 6 -
Round 7 -
Round 8 -
Round 9 -
Round 10 -
Round 11 - Bye

Port Adelaide prediction.

Round 1 - St Kilda @ Adelaide Oval (Sun Afternoon)
Round 2 - Away
Round 3 - Adelaide @ Adelaide Oval (Sun Twilight)
Round 4 - GWS @ Manuka Oval (Sun Afternoon)
Round 5 - Geelong @ Adelaide Oval (Sat Night)
Round 6 -
Round 7 -
Round 8 -
Round 9 -
Round 10 -
Round 11 - Bye
Isnt GWS v Port round 2?

Remove this Banner Ad

2016 AFL Fixture. News and Speculation

Remove this Banner Ad

Back