2016 - Best 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah think those boys will all get a run in NAB 4 against the Lions, will be good to get some run on their legs for round 1 V Hawks
4dcf58e960583a63fc77463c303dd2737a365aec8d8966fcd26450715b1d1d48_zpsd833f50b.jpg

Whilst you don't want to underestimate any team, the Lions is about as good a time to be conservative as any (well, except maybe Essendon and Carlton).
I don't like to get complacent and the first two NAB games plus this weeks Wafl game has me a lil cautious on not being ready or switched on but the lions are a bottom team also missing Beams, Zorko and Rockliff hasn't played a game. So like you said if ever there was a game to be conservative its this one.

Think we will be conservative with injuries.

My guess at how we will line up against the Lions:

Nelson Mackenzie Schofield
Sheppard McGovern Hurn
LeCras Priddis Gaff
Yeo Darling Hill
Cripps Kennedy Lycett

Naitanui Redden Shuey

Butler Ellis Duggan Bennell

E: McInnes Lucas Cole

And key injured players:
Jetta to play WAFL, potentially ready for round 2.
Hutchings to play WAFL, will play round 2 if he gets through. Small chance he will play against the Lions.
Sheed to have at least 2 more weeks in the WAFL.
Masten and Wellingham a few weeks off.
Hurn said Jetta was right to go. I think we need to get game time into him before the Hawks game.

Hutch I don't mind if he plays WAFL or not. He isn't really make or break imo and I don't have him in the best 22 when all are fit.

Hill is best 22.

I'm not convinced that both Butler and Ellis should be.

For mine Ellis and Butler play very similar games, but Butler does it better. Nelson was promising last year and looks to have stepped it up a notch or two, so I think Ellis is not in our best 22 when we have defenders like Schofield, McKenzie, Hurn, Welingham, Sheppard, Nelson, McGovern and Brown all as possibles in our backline.

Shepard Schofield Ellis
Turn Mackenzie Butler
Wellingham Shuey Gaff
Sheed Kennedy Jetta
Le Cras Darling McGovern
Naitanui Priddis Yeo
Redden Hutchings Duggan Lycett

Eme: Partington, Lamb, Barrass and Hill.
Would love to see Yeo on ball. Not sure he has the tank. Dunno.
Difficult to match up, but another good year imagine how good he will be in 2017.
Would love to see Lamb get a couple of games. Would Lamb be adequate to replace Hill if Hill drops his form? Or different players?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think we will be conservative with injuries.

My guess at how we will line up against the Lions:

Nelson Mackenzie Schofield
Sheppard McGovern Hurn
LeCras Priddis Gaff
Yeo Darling Hill
Cripps Kennedy Lycett

Naitanui Redden Shuey

Butler Ellis Duggan Bennell

E: McInnes Lucas Cole

And key injured players:
Jetta to play WAFL, potentially ready for round 2.
Hutchings to play WAFL, will play round 2 if he gets through. Small chance he will play against the Lions.
Sheed to have at least 2 more weeks in the WAFL.
Masten and Wellingham a few weeks off.
Would you want to upgrade Lucas this early in the season?

I wouldn't mind if he was viewed as best 25 this week. We already have a free upgrade and could put Sheed on the LTI (I think). None of the other rookies close to getting a game.
Fair call but I thought Sheed was closer to a return than Masten. Current outs in the midfield are Masten, Jetta, Wellers, Hutchings and Sheed. Feels like the experience of Lucas is the best of the rest and justified.

Butler Emac Hurn
Shep Schofield Nelson
Duggan Priddis Gaff
Lecca Gov Darling
Cripps Kennedy Hill
Naita Yeo Shuey

Lycett Redden Hutchings Ellis
I hutch ready tho? seems like he needs one more game at WAFL.

I wouldnt be surprised if snadden get elavated and get a game or two soon. I think its between him and cole for the first of 2015 crop to debut. Hopefully he has a similair impact at seniors like waterman had last season.

With our mids copping the brunt of the injuries so far this season Lecras should play on the wing to add that outside run and class we are missing ATM .
Guys like bennell , duggan and yeo can also play that HHF role with rotations in the midfield until guys like masto and jetta are back fit .

Remove this Banner Ad

2016 - Best 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Back