2016 - Best 22

Remove this Banner Ad

I hutch ready tho? seems like he needs one more game at WAFL.

I wouldnt be surprised if snadden get elavated and get a game or two soon. I think its between him and cole for the first of 2015 crop to debut. Hopefully he has a similair impact at seniors like waterman had last season.

Yeah if Hutch is no good I guess Bennell gets a run or *gulps* Paddy. Hopefully Bennell has done enough to get 1st crack if this is the case.

Would love to see Lamb get a couple of games. Would Lamb be adequate to replace Hill if Hill drops his form? Or different players?

Hmm, Lamb to me is a difficult one. May be one of those players that just doesn't look interested down at WAFL and needs to be exposed at AFL to show the true potential.

That said, it's always our policy to reward WAFL form so I'm not sure where that puts him. Hopefully he can tear the WAFL apart this year but I'm really not expecting it.

Hmm, Lamb to me is a difficult one. May be one of those players that just doesn't look interested down at WAFL and needs to be exposed at AFL to show the true potential.

That said, it's always our policy to reward WAFL form so I'm not sure where that puts him. Hopefully he can tear the WAFL apart this year but I'm really not expecting it.
I thought he was serviceable last year in WAFL. 17 goals from 10 games including two bags of 4. If you look at Darling back in 2009/10 it is not dissimilar output, although Darling was one of the youngest and fastest developing KPPs around at that time. May have been a little easier to crack the team in 2010 than 2015/16 also :) Round 1 of WAFL was a joke, giving it a few rounds to see how our youngsters are going this season.

Ok after seeing who was rested last week for the Royals, new injuries and who has enough of a preseason.. Here is my prediction for round 1.

Nelson. MacKenzie. Schofield
Sheppard. McGovern. Hurn.

LeCras. Priddis. Gaff.

Jetta. Darling. Yeo
Cripps. Kennedy Hill.

Foll: Naitanui. Redden. Shuey.

Bench: Ellis. Lycett. Duggan. Butler.

- Jetta just gets in after completing every session before his set back, Redden just after his 20 touches in his second preseason game. Nelson starts on ground ahead of Ellis and Butler.
Sheppard and Hurn to push up to the wings. LeCras, Gaff, Yeo, Darling, Cripps and Ellis through the midfield against an also undermanned Lions. Hill, LeCras and Buttler cover off halfback. Lycett, Nic and Gov cover forward. Duggan were ever we need him.
Huttchings needs 1 more week for EP after an interrupted preseason.
Both of Cole and Bennell unlucky to miss.

Ok after seeing who was rested last week for the Royals, new injuries and who has enough of a preseason.. Here is my prediction for round 1.

Nelson. MacKenzie. Schofield
Sheppard. McGovern. Hurn.

LeCras. Priddis. Gaff.

Jetta. Darling. Yeo
Cripps. Kennedy Hill.

Foll: Naitanui. Redden. Shuey.

Bench: Ellis. Lycett. Duggan. Butler.

- Jetta just gets in after completing every session before his set back, Redden just after his 20 touches in his second preseason game. Nelson starts on ground ahead of Ellis and Butler.
Sheppard and Hurn to push up to the wings. LeCras, Gaff, Yeo, Darling, Cripps and Ellis through the midfield against an also undermanned Lions. Hill, LeCras and Buttler cover off halfback. Lycett, Nic and Gov cover forward. Duggan were ever we need him.
Huttchings needs 1 more week for EP after an interrupted preseason.
Both of Cole and Bennell unlucky to miss.
So Redden, has a VERY interrupted preseason gets in.
Hutch misses.

Ok then. Bring on the footying. :confused:

For what it's worth I would rather see Hutchings play over Buttler. But I don't see that happening after all the press about 2 games is what you need to be considered

So Redden, has a VERY interrupted preseason gets in.
Hutch misses.

Ok then. Bring on the footying. :confused:
redden big recruit who has had has two cracks in the offseason and has been decent in both games. Hutchings who is a depth player that has had one average game at wafl so far. But other than that. bring on the footy :)

Butler is class down back. Hutchings is a midfield toiler.
I would have said that all of Butler, Ellis and Nelson can't all make the team but I could be proved wrong when they trim the team tomorrow. I just saw Hutchings as better cover for a depleted midfield than Butler

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, will start the season in the 22, but as the season progresses and injuries permitting, there are too many better, more versatile players on the list.

I refer you to his "big game" record, case in point his GF.

Such as?

No, will start the season in the 22, but as the season progresses and injuries permitting, there are too many better, more versatile players on the list.

I refer you to his "big game" record, case in point his GF.
cripps is one of the best small pressure forwards a game. His pressure and goal a game makes him an asset to the squad.

cripps is one of the best small pressure forwards a game. His pressure and goal a game makes him an asset to the squad.
Cripps is alright. Nothing special. To me his around that late best 22 fringe range competing with others for a spot, lucky we don't have many forward pockets because he would struggle if we had an decent quality pockets. Does his job but can be easily replaced.

Cripps is alright. Nothing special. To me his around that late best 22 fringe range competing with others for a spot, lucky we don't have many forward pockets because he would struggle if we had an decent quality pockets. Does his job but can be easily replaced.
He's a role player than a star but still a vital cog in our side.

Cripps would be my third forward selected after JK and LeCras. He is the #1 pressure forward in the AFL, third most score involvements, is the most reliable inside 50 target in the AFL (the stats on this are ridiculous!) and he knows how to kick a few himself. If you know of players that can replace all that then I am all ears.

Remove this Banner Ad

2016 - Best 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Back