List Mgmt. 2016 Draft Prospects(Poll Added)

Which player do you want at our first & second pick?

• Daniel Venables

Votes: 14 9.2%
  • Will Hayward

Votes: 20 13.2%
  • Jy Simpkin

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Sam Powell-Pepper

Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • Zach Sproule

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Harrison Macreadie

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • Todd Marshall

Votes: 38 25.0%
  • Jarrod Berry

Votes: 19 12.5%
  • Jordan Galluci

• Oliver Florent

Votes: 12 7.9%
  • Jack Scrimshaw

• Luke Ryan

• Josh Battle

Votes: 25 16.4%
  • Willem Drew

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Jack Maibum

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Joe Atley

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Tim English

Votes: 31 20.4%
  • Josh Rotham

• Patrick Kerr

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Alex Witherden

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brennan Cox

Votes: 6 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Imagine him & Boyd in our forward line, I don't think at 197cms he would be undersized to play as a key forward and he doesn't have the t-rex arms either ;)

Why do the players I like seem to bolt above our first pick. If Taranto does this then that is two years in a row.

Ridley did his shoulder today :(
I find myself picking the bolters often as well, so I try not to get too attached to any of the prospects until after the combine when they can't do a lot more to prove themselves. I wouldn't mind looking at Berry or maybe even Witherden. Berry might be the Dunkley of this draft. Injuries and positional changes costing him a consistent year. I'm now very interested in the combine as that might be what finally splits some of these players. Expecting Andrew McGrath to test pretty well and push right up in to the top 3-5.

I find myself picking the bolters often as well, so I try not to get too attached to any of the prospects until after the combine when they can't do a lot more to prove themselves. I wouldn't mind looking at Berry or maybe even Witherden. Berry might be the Dunkley of this draft. Injuries and positional changes costing him a consistent year. I'm now very interested in the combine as that might be what finally splits some of these players. Expecting Andrew McGrath to test pretty well and push right up in to the top 3-5.

Battle, Berry, Logue and Simpkin all wouldn't surprise me. Reckon Cloke can be an stop gap while Battle develops his game so I'm leaning towards him, could be our Gunston.

Battle, Berry, Logue and Simpkin all wouldn't surprise me. Reckon Cloke can be an stop gap while Battle develops his game so I'm leaning towards him, could be our Gunston.
I'm not huge on Berry and Logue for our first pick, and I'm still curious as to whether we hold our first-rounder or trade for multiple second round picks. Berry has shown little as a defender, and I still don't like him as a forward. Doesn't get huge numbers in the midfield, either. Either way, I'm liking Simpkin, Drew, Battle, Venables, Fisher, Gallucci, Ridley, Duman for first/second round picks and even Parfitt as a later choice.

Gunston is a really good comparison. Definitely could see him in that role.

Just a quick question to all you draft watcher experts haha, I was looking at Twomeys September Phantom Form Guide and wondering if there's going to be any decent KPF around our second round pick? And is this draft more a midfield draft then tall?
Cheers :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a quick question to all you draft watcher experts haha, I was looking at Twomeys September Phantom Form Guide and wondering if there's going to be any decent KPF around our second round pick? And is this draft more a midfield draft then tall?
Cheers :)
Josh Battle and Pat Kerr look the most likely KPFs around the second round. Battle would be a nice fit for us around the early second round hopefully. You are right, the 2016 crop are chock-a-block full of quality mids. Draft runs very deep this year - lots of talent on offer all the way to the third round even.

Josh Battle and Pat Kerr look the most likely KPFs around the second round. Battle would be a nice fit for us around the early second round hopefully. You are right, the 2016 crop are chock-a-block full of quality mids. Draft runs very deep this year - lots of talent on offer all the way to the third round even.

Hopefully we can keep a late first or early second pick then, would you say this draft is deeper than last years or as good as 2014's

Wouldn't be surprised if we liked Jono Aujard from Oakleigh with later pick or rookie selection.
No state combine invite says he hasn't been on our radar for the better part of the season, so would be surprised to see him picked.

I'm not huge on Berry and Logue for our first pick, and I'm still curious as to whether we hold our first-rounder or trade for multiple second round picks. Berry has shown little as a defender, and I still don't like him as a forward. Doesn't get huge numbers in the midfield, either. Either way, I'm liking Simpkin, Drew, Battle, Venables, Fisher, Gallucci, Ridley, Duman for first/second round picks and even Parfitt as a later choice.
Berry showed a fair bit as a defender in the champs last year, I don't like him much as a forward either though. I don't want to go anywhere near Parfitt. Poor man's Honeychurch. Venables I would take if he were there at our first. Logue I'm not sure in the first but he's shown a few really nice traits with his standing vertical and disposal + clean hands. Also frees the arms whilst being tackled, a Bont specialty.

Logue I'm not sure in the first but he's shown a few really nice traits with his standing vertical and disposal + clean hands. Also frees the arms whilst being tackled, a Bont specialty.

He also has played senior footy against grown men and not looked out of place, has a long kick and is deceptively quick. Underrated on here. I'd be very surprised if he doesn't go in the top 25.

Why do the players I like seem to bolt above our first pick. If Taranto does this then that is two years in a row.

Ridley did his shoulder today :(

Ridley was going quite well before he was injured as well. Looks like he's improved a lot since I saw him last year. Just seems to find the ball a lot more.
Your other boy Duman looked real good early but faded.
Drew's a good player, but his kicking turns me off him.
Aujard was ok, but he's a bit soft and wasn't the best defensively.
Cedric Cox looks good. Don't bother looking at how many stats he had, it won't tell you that he had a hand in about 5 goals. Played mostly up forward. He's electric.
Battle was beaten and went a bit over the top with his aggression at times. Was often competing against a couple opponents, but still tried hard all day. The ball use coming into him was quite poor.
Reece Piper was terrible both with his use and defensive play. That's two awful finals appearances
Taranto is a gun could go top 5.
McGrath doesn't play a bad game. I'd strongly consider him at pick No 1
Scrimshaw's kicking was good on the weekend, still have a question mark on it especially under pressure.
Florent was good with his run and use. Picked up a lot more of the ball then he usually does.

Beveridge was there watching his son Kye BTW. I had a quick chat to him mostly about the win. I wished him good luck and said I'll see you here next week. He smiled and said yep. So I might ask him a few draft/trade questions next week if I see him.

Trying to rate the past few drafts out of 10 on quality and came up with;
2012 -6
2013 (Bonts draft) -9 (used this as my baseline superdraft standard)
2014 -7
2015 -6 (at this stage as its still a bit early to truly rate)
So using this as a rough guide would anyone care to place where this years draft lies?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2016 Draft Prospects(Poll Added)

Back