List Mgmt. 2016 Draft Prospects(Poll Added)

Which player do you want at our first & second pick?

• Daniel Venables

Votes: 14 9.2%
  • Will Hayward

Votes: 20 13.2%
  • Jy Simpkin

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Sam Powell-Pepper

Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • Zach Sproule

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Harrison Macreadie

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • Todd Marshall

Votes: 38 25.0%
  • Jarrod Berry

Votes: 19 12.5%
  • Jordan Galluci

• Oliver Florent

Votes: 12 7.9%
  • Jack Scrimshaw

• Luke Ryan

• Josh Battle

Votes: 25 16.4%
  • Willem Drew

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Jack Maibum

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Joe Atley

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Tim English

Votes: 31 20.4%
  • Josh Rotham

• Patrick Kerr

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Alex Witherden

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brennan Cox

Votes: 6 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Dandeong Stingrays

4 - Reece Piper - 177cm, 75kg -
Small defender who is capable of meaningful rebound when ball is in his hands. Can kick the footy a long way, uses it well, defends really well and has some good leg speed. Does struggle to find the ball at times though.
10 - Myles Polholke - 184cm, 84kg - Inside mid come forward who has an x-factor that can change games. Strong overhead, big bodied and with reasonable pace, Polholke is a very good finisher. Although he needs to clean up his disposal.
11 - Thomas Glen - 187cm, 75kg - an overage half back or midfielder who has good skills and can find a lot of the football Glen will attract some late interest this year, Although he is very much an outside player.
12 - Bailey Morrish - 186cm, 76kg - A defender with very good athletic traits, got a great jump, good speed and very good agility. Strong overhead and good with ball in hand Morrish will feature prominently in this draft for the Stingrays.
13 - Thomas Jok - 190cm, 74kg - 19yo Tall flanker who gets in the right place for handball receives and can provide good run and carry for a team. Somewhat new to the game and very much learning in a lot of areas but is a possible Cat B rookie if he drops through both drafts.
15 - Sam "Rat" Fowler - 169cm, 66kg - Small forward with rare goal sense and crumbing ability, has a good burst of pace and constantly pressures his opposition, kicked 33 goals in 13 matches at TAC level in his first year at the level. Think Hayden Ballentyne.
17 - Joshua Battle - 192cm, 90kg - 3rd tall forward who is capable above his head but more dangerous when he is repeat leading to break away from his opposition. Elite endurance and a deadeye in front of goal expect to see him go somewhere in the top 25 this year.
18 - Mitch McCarthy - 196cm, 87kg - Ruckman at TAC level but unlikely to be this at a higher level. McCarthy is a very good athlete that missed last years draft due to trying his luck at basketball now playing good footy at TAC level and attracting the interest of recruiters. Should be developed as a KPP at AFL level.
30 - Liam McKay - 191cm, 81kg - Tall and somewhat inconsistent backman. At his best he is very good and can use the ball very well but he can struggle to get his hands on the football at time.
42 - Dan Allsop - 175cm, 64kg - Small forward who likes to take the game on and can be very dangerous around goals, forms a dynamic duo with Fowler on many occasions. Quick and agile, Allsop has kicked 29 goals is 18 games this year.
46 - Mason De Wit - 191cm, 83kg - Utility that has a long kick and can intercept well across the half back line, played key defense, as a flanker, on the wing and half forward. Some say he has grown to 193cm but I'm waiting for the combine to see if he has. Played through a broken finger earlier in the year, so he is pretty tough. Comes from a basketball background.

I get instant claim on both Allsop and Fowler because of my Profile Pic.

Also claiming Morrish because he is one I can see Dal liking a lot.

I like Morrish too. He has a bit of Easton Wood about him and can have a big impact on the match without getting much of it. He would definitely suit our game style.

I have big question marks over both Allsop and Fowler, but I much prefer them over Romero because they can actually play football.

I get instant claim on both Allsop and Fowler because of my Profile Pic.

Also claiming Morrish because he is one I can see Dal liking a lot.
Hey wiz, on the rucks i was wondering if there were any in the draft that would be capable of playing next year if needed, or are they all a few years off. If there are would they suit our side?

Hey wiz, on the rucks i was wondering if there were any in the draft that would be capable of playing next year if needed, or are they all a few years off. If there are would they suit our side?

The rucks who would be closer to playing than others and suit our style would be Meek and McGregor from Victoria but they'd likely start as KPF's early in their careers.

Sean Darcy is another but he is more a Mumford type and I'm not sure if that is what we are looking for.

Calder Cannons

13 - Hayden Blythe - 181cm, 73kg - Running defender or wingman, good user and has good speed. Needs to get a little bit more of the footy.
14 - Zach Guthrie - 184cm, 69kg - Defender who can play on multiple types of forwards, has laser like foot skills and can effect games with only a few touches. Brother of Geelong's Cameron.
28 - Ben Ronke - 181cm, 75kg - Lightning quick and powerful midfielder who loves the physical stuff. Capable overhead and kicks goals. Needs to work on his disposal.
34 - Karl Brown - 193cm, 90kg - honorable mention having won the TAC Cup goal kicking this year. Talented and has worked hard to slim down over the past few years but is a bit old fashioned. Rookie pick at best.
36 - Tyson Lever - 185cm, 79kg - Mid sized defender and brother of Adelaide's Jake. Generally a good user of the footy and strong above his head he could attract interest as a rookie. Played 1 game for Coburg in the VFL where he got 17 touches and was named in the bests.
42 - Michael Romero - 177cm, 70kg - incredibly inconsistent midfielder/forward. His best is very good and he can have an effect on the game, however this is seen way too little. He is quick and can use the ball well.
43 - Muhammad Saad - 186cm, 80kg - forward who has x-factor and class. Quick and a genuine goal kicker he is the brother of Adam Saad.
47 - Jackson McDonald - 183cm, 71kg - Classy Midfielder or Forward who uses the ball well by hand and foot. Can be inconsistent.
53 - Mitch Lewis - 197cm, 91kg - Forward ruck who is athletically very good, he is mobile and had a day out with 4 goals, 13 marks and 33 disposals against the Gippsland Power a few weeks back. Will need time to develop aspects of his game at VFL level.

Wizard17
Griffin Logue. Got a good report from a friend out West, who thinks he will be good as a Tall Midfielder and allow us to play Bont more forward.
Your Thoughts would be appreciated.

Well he has shown some good ball winning capacity in the WAFL, has good disposal and is relatively quick. He could be played in the midfield, he can be played in a lot of positions. That 33 disposal colts game as a mid would have caught the eye of a lot of recruiters given how big Logue is.

Rotham is another option from WA if we are looking at developing another super tall mid.

And then back here in Victoria there is Berry, Duman, Sakeson, Scrimshaw, Junker, DeWit, Ridley etc who could be developed as tall midfielders.

Plenty of options.

Last edited:
Was interesting when he did that thing a couple of weeks ago when he asked recruiters about who they'd take at 1, a lot of them had English in the conversation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well he has shown some good ball winning capacity in the WAFL, has good disposal and is relatively quick. He could be played in the midfield, he can be played in a lot of positions. That 33 disposal colts game as a mid would have caught the eye of a lot of recruiters given how big Logue is.

Rotham is another option from WA if we are looking at developing another super tall mid.

And then back here in Victoria there is Berry, Duman, Sakeson, Scrimshaw, Junker, DeWit, Ridley etc who could be developed as tall midfielders.

Plenty of options.

I would love a good speed, marking ability, hard ball getting and ball getting production (work rate).
Your pick?

I would love a good speed, marking ability, hard ball getting and ball getting production (work rate).
Your pick?

Oscar Junker - For marking
Jordan Ridley/Jack Henry - For speed
Jack Scrimshaw - For contested ability
Jordan Ridley/Taylin Duman - For work rate.

Leaning towards Junker because I believe that he could make a very good forward/midfield combo with Bonti.

Last edited:

Leaning towards Junker because I believe that he could make a very good forward/midfield combo with Bonti.

Any idea of projected draft round for Junker and the others? (Could edit the post if easiest)

Any idea of projected draft round for Junker and the others? (Could edit the post if easiest)

Oscar Junker - 30 - late
Jordan Ridley - 20 - 40
Jack Henry - 25 - 50
Jack Scrimshaw - 5 - 20
Taylin Duman - 30 - 50
Jarrod Berry - 10 - 25
Ari Sakeson - Late - Rookie
Mason DeWit - Late - Rookie

The WA boys:

Joshua Rotham - 10 - 20
Griffin Logue - 10 -20

Oscar Junker - 30 - late
Jordan Ridley - 20 - 40
Jack Henry - 25 - 50
Jack Scrimshaw - 5 - 20
Taylin Duman - 30 - 50
Jarrod Berry - 10 - 25
Ari Sakeson - Late - Rookie
Mason DeWit - Late - Rookie

The WA boys:

Joshua Rotham - 10 - 20
Griffin Logue - 10 -20
Wouldn't have thought Rotham and Logue would go so early; I feel they're more second-round types who clubs could maybe reach for.

I'm not big on Junker, don't feel he has the ball-winning capacity to move into the midfield. Scrimshaw has nice attributes but is way too inefficient by foot, and will go earlier than our selections. Ridley and Duman get me excited, especially Ridley who does very little poorly. Both have huge upside.

Wouldn't have thought Rotham and Logue would go so early; I feel they're more second-round types who clubs could maybe reach for.

Think they are more to the 20 mark but could go earlier. Reckon Logue goes late first round, Rotham could end up early twenties but don't see him dropping too much further than that.

I'm not big on Junker, don't feel he has the ball-winning capacity to move into the midfield. Scrimshaw has nice attributes but is way too inefficient by foot, and will go earlier than our selections. Ridley and Duman get me excited, especially Ridley who does very little poorly. Both have huge upside.

Big on Ridley and Duman too. Think they could be good picks. Both I'd be seriously considering.

Junker especially around the 40's is worth considering got a great kick, best of those players up forward and has hands like dustbin lids. Needs to find a bit more of the football but I feel that will come with the right coaching and actually having a preseason which he didn't this year due to injuring his shoulder surfing in January (he didn't play until round 2 because of it).

Last edited:
This looks to be one of the most even drafts from about picks 1 - 30 that I've ever seen, clubs will have a very different view to each other IMO. I can see player's like Rotham, Logue, Battle, Kerr, Berry etc. going anywhere from picks 5 - 30. Some very good player's could slip to the 2nd round.

Logue as a midfielder really appeals to me. Has a lot of traits which translate well to AFL level as a mid. Has senior experience and is versatile, a big body and should be there for our pick. Wouldn't be upset if we went there.

He seems to love Tim English as much as you do Wiz

Kerr & Battle head to head as early 2nd round selection is interesting
Have you ever seen Callum Twoomey & Wizard in the same room before? :O

I agree with you regarding Junker, I wasn't that impressed with his numbers but its what he does with the ball that seems very similar to the way we play or at least that's how the Jets coach used him..

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2016 Draft Prospects(Poll Added)

Back