List Mgmt. 2016 Draft Prospects(Poll Added)

Which player do you want at our first & second pick?

• Daniel Venables

Votes: 14 9.2%
  • Will Hayward

Votes: 20 13.2%
  • Jy Simpkin

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Sam Powell-Pepper

Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • Zach Sproule

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Harrison Macreadie

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • Todd Marshall

Votes: 38 25.0%
  • Jarrod Berry

Votes: 19 12.5%
  • Jordan Galluci

• Oliver Florent

Votes: 12 7.9%
  • Jack Scrimshaw

• Luke Ryan

• Josh Battle

Votes: 25 16.4%
  • Willem Drew

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Jack Maibum

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Joe Atley

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Tim English

Votes: 31 20.4%
  • Josh Rotham

• Patrick Kerr

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Alex Witherden

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brennan Cox

Votes: 6 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

One guy that seriously appeals to me, even for a lateish pick is Ratugolea. Combination of defensive pressure/tackling, athleticism, contested marking and ability to spend time in the ruck. Seems like exactly the type that we should be looking to develop as he already can do a lot of the harder things to teach in a young KPF and his defensive pressure would suit our style of play perfectly.

One guy that seriously appeals to me, even for a lateish pick is Ratugolea. Combination of defensive pressure/tackling, athleticism, contested marking and ability to spend time in the ruck. Seems like exactly the type that we should be looking to develop as he already can do a lot of the harder things to teach in a young KPF and his defensive pressure would suit our style of play perfectly.

Agreed! Like what he has to offer, would be a great pick up for a late or rookie pick. Exciting mixture of traits.

Agreed! Like what he has to offer, would be a great pick up for a late or rookie pick. Exciting mixture of traits.
Exciting is the word, his progress will be fun to follow. I really hope he gets drafted for the sake of the competition if anything. It reminds me of the Aliir situation. He was playing as an undersized ruck for Queensland and the Swans took a punt on him as a rookie. That has now paid off with his athleticism being well utilised down back. He is developing into a defender I wish we could have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alright, will do

I am already thinking ahead for the 2017 draft prospects

Any current favorites?

I really, really like Worpel
I also am a big Worpel fan, reminds me a lot of Rory Sloane. But to throw in another name there's Jaidyn Stephenson from Eastern who has shown a fair bit of talent as a medium forward.

I also am a big Worpel fan, reminds me a lot of Rory Sloane. But to throw in another name there's Jaidyn Stephenson from Eastern who has shown a fair bit of talent as a medium forward.
How tall is he now?

I think the expectation is that he grows to a key position height, I can see the Sloane comparison with Worpel. Even if he goes a lot higher than our pick its still going to be very interesting to see what type of player he develops into.

Alright, did everyone want to do the Bulldogs bigfooty mock draft just after the national combine?

How tall is he now?

I think the expectation is that he grows to a key position height, I can see the Sloane comparison with Worpel. Even if he goes a lot higher than our pick its still going to be very interesting to see what type of player he develops into.

Alright, did everyone want to do the Bulldogs bigfooty mock draft just after the national combine?
I don't think Stephenson will get any taller than say 190, but if he can get to that height with his leap and stretch plus his quickness and athleticism he will be a much tougher matchup than most guys at 195+. Can see him being a top 5-10 pick if he reaches 190cm. Happy to do the mock draft then, will do my best to take part.

Just finished watching the SANFL granny. Hayward is a seriously good player, had to have about three Glenelg players on him just to keep him quiet...

I also liked the work of Pink, Mackie and Hinge, all of them do some nice things.

Scharenberg a class above along with Lebois, Walker was a bit off, but it might of just been the conditions that made him seem that way.

Funniest way for a GF to finish ever BTW :p

Last edited:
Just finished watching the SANFL granny. Hayward is a seriously good player, had to have about three Glenelg players on him just to keep him quiet...

I also liked the work of Pink, Mackie and Hinge, all of them do some nice things.

Scharenberg a class above along with Lebois, Walker was a bit off, but it might of just been the conditions that made him seem that way.

Funniest way for a GF to finish ever BTW :p

That is pure madness. Not w single player took the responsibility to stop the ball. That is so funny!

That is pure madness. Not w single player took the responsibility to stop the ball. That is so funny!

Hayward is now one of my favorites for a second or third pick now. Has some serious skills and xfactor but also layed some very good blocks, tackles and has a seriously good footy brain. Going to be a very good player if he can be developed to move into the midfield.

My pick for a surprise bolter.

I liked the guy who kicked the behind, Pink. Has really good agression and makes sure he is never out of the contest. Takes some strong marks too. Could be one to develop off a rookie list.

Hayward is now one of my favorites for a second or third pick now. Has some serious skills and xfactor but also layed some very good blocks, tackles and has a seriously good footy brain. Going to be a very good player if he can be developed to move into the midfield.

My pick for a surprise bolter.

I liked the guy who kicked the behind, Pink. Has really good agression and makes sure he is never out of the contest. Takes some strong marks too. Could be one to develop off a rookie list.

Is it just me, or is this a really deep draft? So many guys who could go 45+ in the draft who have afl player attributes. I think we can hit with late picks this year and Dal is the man to make it happen.

Is it just me, or is this a really deep draft? So many guys who could go 45+ in the draft who have afl player attributes. I think we can hit with late picks this year and Dal is the man to make it happen.

It is not just you. Good midfield draft.

Hayward is not going 45+ though. His last few weeks have put him firmly into my top 40. He is too classy to go later than that, if he does it is a steal.

The under-17s clash will be a curtain raiser before the AFL premiership decider, and will be broadcast live onAFL.com.au from 10am.

2016 NAB ALL-STARS UNDER-18 MATCH TEAMS
Chris Judd side:
Ben Ainsworth, Shai Bolton, Josh Daicos, Andrew McGrath, Jarrod Berry, Harry Perryman, Alex Villis, Will Hayward, Tim Taranto, Cameron Zurhaar, Joe Atley, Jordan Gallucci, Oscar Junker, Sam Powell-Pepper, Jack Bowes, Hugh McCluggage, Griffin Logue, Jack Maibaum, Declan Watson, Josh Battle, Todd Marshall, Esava Ratougolea, Max Lynch, Brandan Parfitt (emergency), Bailey Morrish (emergency), Joshua Begley (emergency), Hamish Brayshaw (emergency), Jordan Ridley (emergency)

Michael O'Loughlin side: Callum Brown, Cedric Cox, Ben Jarman, Isaac Cumming, Sam Walker, Ben Davis, Oliver Florent, Willem Drew, Myles Poholke, Will Brodie, Dylan Clarke, Sam Petrevski-Seton, Jonty Scharenberg, Will Setterfield, Brennan Cox, Ryan Garthwaite, Josh Rotham, Jack Scrimshaw, Pat Kerr, Zach Sproule, Jake Waterman, Tim English, Tony Olango, Liam Baker (emergency), Kym LeBois (emergency), Harry Morrison (emergency), Mitchell Hinge (emergency), Sean Darcy (emergency)

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2016 Draft Prospects(Poll Added)

Back