List Mgmt. 2016 Draft Prospects(Poll Added)

Which player do you want at our first & second pick?

• Daniel Venables

Votes: 14 9.2%
  • Will Hayward

Votes: 20 13.2%
  • Jy Simpkin

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Sam Powell-Pepper

Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • Zach Sproule

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Harrison Macreadie

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • Todd Marshall

Votes: 38 25.0%
  • Jarrod Berry

Votes: 19 12.5%
  • Jordan Galluci

• Oliver Florent

Votes: 12 7.9%
  • Jack Scrimshaw

• Luke Ryan

• Josh Battle

Votes: 25 16.4%
  • Willem Drew

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Jack Maibum

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Joe Atley

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Tim English

Votes: 31 20.4%
  • Josh Rotham

• Patrick Kerr

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Alex Witherden

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brennan Cox

Votes: 6 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope that its still televised then

I can't wait for the GF and then the draft

Berry is still my boy but I've warmed to Venables, crossing my fingers if we get a second round pick that Logue is still on the table

Ratugolea is someone I've warmed to as well, imaging all three on the list excites me

When I first saw Shai Bolton it was his flair that obviously stood out but I've been really excited by some of his desperation and defensive work today.

There was one passage where he brought it to ground in a 2 on 1 marking contest, won the ball on the deck with his second effort and got a handball away to a teammate, then ran on to receive a handball downfield at the next contest and delivered it into 50. There was also a couple of great smothers and standing up in a tackle from the much larger Olango was also impressive.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

When I first saw Shai Bolton it was his flair that obviously stood out but I've been really excited by some of his desperation and defensive work today.

There was one passage where he brought it to ground in a 2 on 1 marking contest, won the ball on the deck with his second effort and got a handball away to a teammate, then ran on to receive a handball downfield at the next contest and delivered it into 50. There was also a couple of great smothers and standing up in a tackle from the much larger Olango was also impressive.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah mate who is there said he's stood out.

They confirmed on the coverage that the game tomorrow is at Pund Rd.

Whoever drafts Taranto, McCluggage, SPS and Ainsworth are signing up a future superstar. I'd be extremely nervous about spending a top 5 pick on English or Marshall, a huge amount of work needed to get either of them to AFL standard. Gee Tony Olango is exciting with a couple of his traits, his pace and movement through traffic for a ruckman would suit us very well. Is Sproule an academy player? He'd have to be the best KPP on display. I also quite like Kerr, not sold on Battle. Liked some of the things I saw from Ben Davis as one of the lesser known players out there.

They confirmed on the coverage that the game tomorrow is at Pund Rd.

Whoever drafts Taranto, McCluggage, SPS and Ainsworth are signing up a future superstar. I'd be extremely nervous about spending a top 5 pick on English or Marshall, a huge amount of work needed to get either of them to AFL standard. Gee Tony Olango is exciting with a couple of his traits, his pace and movement through traffic for a ruckman would suit us very well. Is Sproule an academy player? He'd have to be the best KPP on display. I also quite like Kerr, not sold on Battle. Liked some of the things I saw from Ben Davis as one of the lesser known players out there.

I think Marshall could go high, maybe even to Essendon.

Yes Sproule is an academy player, I never really rated Battle either. He is a decent set shot but not very sharp with the ball. But I'd still need to see more.

Really?
What has forced SPP up? Played well in the WAFL?
Played well today from reports. Has played some senior WAFL footy and in the colts GF had 22 touches and 4 goals to go with 7 tackles. A lot to like with his athleticism/size for a mid, attack on the ball/man and his ability to kick goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of the players who may be of interest to this thread:

Berry, Rotham were pretty quiet. Inconsistency in production has been an issue for these two year-round.

Dyl Clarke didn't have a lot of it, from what I saw. Am assuming that many of his touches were in close and contested, however didn't stand out much. Similar with Scharenberg and Drew. I don't have a huge issue with Clarke's kicking however it wasn't great today.

Todd Marshall is shaping as, from my perspective, this year's Harry McKay. Promises so much and often performs decently, however cannot kick a bag and too often is very poor. I don't ever think McKay will succeed at AFL level, and while Marshall promises more, I can't see Marshall being worth a top 10, or even first round pick.

Shai Bolton was much better than what I have previously seen of him, and his defensive efforts were particularly impressive. Kicking is not up to standard, though.

Lock Florent in for a first round selection now. Super smooth and an efficient user. Not for the Dogs, I feel.

I'm really liking Gallucci, Battle and Simpkin for first/second round picks. Battle is a truck and a goalkicker, Gallucci is so impactful with his run and kicking.

Barely saw Cedric Cox at all. Had very little time with ball-in-hand.

Taranto, McGrath, McCluggage, Ainsworth are unstoppable. Absolutely spewing we can't snaffle Taranto.

Not a fan of Ratugolea. Offers little.

Sproule is well worth a bid. Ideal swingman with a terrific mark and set-shot game.

I'm still hesitant with Scrimshaw. Will bolt past our pick anyway.

Stay away from English. Too many question marks.

Not a fan of Powell-Pepper, but was impressive today. Doesn't get the numbers for a midfielder, best played as an explosive medium forward.

Of the players who may be of interest to this thread:

Berry, Rotham were pretty quiet. Inconsistency in production has been an issue for these two year-round.

Dyl Clarke didn't have a lot of it, from what I saw. Am assuming that many of his touches were in close and contested, however didn't stand out much. Similar with Scharenberg and Drew. I don't have a huge issue with Clarke's kicking however it wasn't great today.

Todd Marshall is shaping as, from my perspective, this year's Harry McKay. Promises so much and often performs decently, however cannot kick a bag and too often is very poor. I don't ever think McKay will succeed at AFL level, and while Marshall promises more, I can't see Marshall being worth a top 10, or even first round pick.

Shai Bolton was much better than what I have previously seen of him, and his defensive efforts were particularly impressive. Kicking is not up to standard, though.

Lock Florent in for a first round selection now. Super smooth and an efficient user. Not for the Dogs, I feel.

I'm really liking Gallucci, Battle and Simpkin for first/second round picks. Battle is a truck and a goalkicker, Gallucci is so impactful with his run and kicking.

Barely saw Cedric Cox at all. Had very little time with ball-in-hand.

Taranto, McGrath, McCluggage, Ainsworth are unstoppable. Absolutely spewing we can't snaffle Taranto.

Not a fan of Ratugolea. Offers little.

Sproule is well worth a bid. Ideal swingman with a terrific mark and set-shot game.

I'm still hesitant with Scrimshaw. Will bolt past our pick anyway.

Stay away from English. Too many question marks.

Not a fan of Powell-Pepper, but was impressive today. Doesn't get the numbers for a midfielder, best played as an explosive medium forward.
Isn't simkin a freak ? Who is he similar to ?

Isn't simkin a freak ? Who is he similar to ?
Broke his leg playing for Scotch earlier in the year, but was deadly as a 17-year-old for Vic Country. 182cm classy half-forward, with terrific skills, goal sense and a turn of pace. Slight of frame and yet to prove himself as a midfielder, however I really like him as a permanant half-forward. I reckon he's got a bit of Shaun Higgins/Daniel Wells about him.

Broke his leg playing for Scotch earlier in the year, but was deadly as a 17-year-old for Vic Country. 182cm classy half-forward, with terrific skills, goal sense and a turn of pace. Slight of frame and yet to prove himself as a midfielder, however I really like him as a permanant half-forward.
Would he be there still at pick 17 - 18 ?

His broken leg means he's hard to place. I reckon he's an early second round pick, would be stoked if we could grab him at our second rounder. Could go top 15, though.
Would love him with our first maybe even scharenberg

Would love him with our first maybe even scharenberg
Scharenberg is a bit too vanilla for mine, and doesn't seem to fit in with how we've recruited under Dalrymple. I would prefer someone like Myles Poholke if we go for more of an inside type maybe even Willem Drew. Scharenberg hasn't had a great year. I like Poholke's overhead ability and composure.

Scharenberg is a bit too vanilla for mine, and doesn't seem to fit in with how we've recruited under Dalrymple. I would prefer someone like Myles Poholke if we go for more of an inside type maybe even Willem Drew. Scharenberg hasn't had a great year. I like Poholke's overhead ability and composure.

I have a feeling we're not talking about someone who we actually draft in the end, not someone from out of nowhere just someone we haven't yet mentioned

Guys like the names you mentioned, Witherden etc

I have a feeling we're not talking about someone who we actually draft in the end, not someone from out of nowhere just someone we haven't yet mentioned

Guys like the names you mentioned, Witherden etc
I get that feeling most years, we did a great job of narrowing it down last year and the year before Wizard17 had McLean going to us. But this year it just seems so even so may as well talk up some of the guys we haven't spoken of as much yet, especially those said to be of good character like a Myles Poholke. The other thing that has changed for us very recently is our draft position. Has gone from potentially top 12 to now pick 17 or 18. Means we will most likely hold onto it or trade it for a player if the right deal is presented to us but not for other picks like in previous years.

Witherden is one I like but I get the feeling someone will take him before us.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2016 Draft Prospects(Poll Added)

Back