List Mgmt. 2016 Draft, Trading and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said on the trade board let's be honest here with ourselves, Lobb at least for the moment is probably close to zero chance of wanting to come home, GWS have a flamethrower worth of drafting to build a flag team whilst we are over here rubbing 2 sticks together.

Getting Lobb might be a pipe dream. I'd have thought Freo would be satisfied with this result: Getting McCarthy for a 3rd rounder, snagging Brad Hill with a 2nd rounder, courtesy of Chris Mayne signing with Collingwood, drafting Sam Petrevski-Seton with the No. 3 overall pick, landing a couple of other picks with trades and picking up another tall looking for a lifeline in the rookie and pre-season draft.

That is best trade I have seen.

If GC are interested in Barlow then I can see it being a fair deal.

English or SPS will be available at 6, so the downgrade does not bother me.

And you know that how?

As Kram says, the deal only makes sense if our recruiters are super confident that the player that they rate at 3 will be guaranteed to be there at 6.

Leadership is player voted, would mean that the players don't rate him (off season 2015) he would probably be included next season just by seeing his on-field demeanor this year gave good direction especially to Yarran onfield. He is contracted until end of 2018 season so this all seems just a story.

I can. He's not getting the leadership recognition at Freo that I think he wants. I can also see him being tempted away with the promise of fasttracked success.

I like how casuals start nitpicking the stand out players in a side that under-performed in the year and think they're actually tradeable hence that rubbish "rumor". That Twitter account needs to be purged. It's literally a 40 year old basement dweller who reads BigFooty basement dwellers make up shit and then tweets it.

I like how casuals start nitpicking the stand out players in a side that under-performed in the year and think they're actually tradeable hence that rubbish "rumor". That Twitter account needs to be purged. It's literally a 40 year old basement dweller who reads BigFooty basement dwellers make up shit and then tweets it.
That's a big basement...

Can't see Walters wanting to move with his young family.

Nor do I really see him as someone being bothered by not being in the leadership group.

Think that's completely made up on the back of one afl.com article from a year ago that mentioned in passing GWS asked for Walters last year. That's how these things get legs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he's one of a few assets we have, and they don't really need to develop further talent from the 5 draft picks they have in the top 34 this year. They need to solidify their position and dominate the next years ahead with the bracket of players they have. Picks they don't really need as much as topping up quality they can add to their best 22. Scary.

he's one of a few assets we have, and they don't really need to develop further talent from the 5 draft picks they have in the top 34 this year. They need to solidify their position and dominate the next years ahead with the bracket of players they have. Picks they don't really need as much as topping up quality they can add to their best 22. Scary.

Too much success too early is the only hope the rest of the comp has against the GWS perpetuating draft pick machine

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hopefully goldcoast need some big bodied players like barlow suban mdb and mzungu. Could work out well for us in the b.hill trade.
Do a gws and give Barlow, Suban, MDB and Tendai plus pick 3 for next years first haha.

The gws to carlton trade was Sumner, Plowman, Phillips and Lamb plus pick 8 for an assortment of crap picks and geelongs 2016 first rounder.

What Im gettin at is it might take pick 3 to sweeten the deal

When "I think he wants" is used it really means I haven't got a clue but I''ll throw it out there anyway.;):D
There's subtext in these articles:
http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2015-01-16/walters-footy-16-jan
http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/frema...aincy-material-ross-lyon-20150224-13nus9.html

Sonny's name was being thrown around as having captain material by both Barlow and Ross before the Pav relinquished the captaincy. I'm putting two-and-two together as I remember him seeming to be disappointed that he didn't end up in the reckoning. Maybe I am reading too much in it. In any case, he'll be seeing Barlow, Mayne and his good mate Ballas not getting another sniff and maybe questioning his own loyalty in a cutthroat industry.

It could be worse, for example we could have traded Zac Clarke to Sydney for Lewis Jetta and picked up Jack redden with pick 17.

Yeah cause a team that won 4/22 games should be telling a team that won 16/22 how to trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back