List Mgmt. 2016 general list discussion and speculation (cont in Pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully HMac will repay the goodwill by hanging around and doing something for the club. I know Ottens is our ruck coach

Otto has not been on the club payroll at all this year AFAIK. Budget cuts.

Hmac has been working with BLitz, Walker and Stanely and one would hope he continues thru the rest of the year doing so.

Go Catters

Otto has not been on the club payroll at all this year AFAIK. Budget cuts.

Hmac has been working with BLitz, Walker and Stanely and one would hope he continues thru the rest of the year doing so.

Go Catters
If he does it again next year he can consider himself debt-free. :D

If he does it again next year he can consider himself debt-free. :D
I dunno. He might also need to don the overalls and hardhat and put in some hard labour on the new stand!

I dunno. He might also need to don the overalls and hardhat and put in some hard labour on the new stand!
I really don't think he can be trusted with any heavy lifting.

I have heard a whisper Nankervis is on our radar.

I think we will be seeking two rucks - one more mature and one younger - to replace HMac and Simpson. If we can't get two we will keep Simpson.

From memory, there was a long pause for our pick 36 at the 2013 draft. We drafted Jansen with that pick, but Sydney took Nankervis with pick 35. I just had a feeling we were ready to take Nankervis there before the Swans pounced and made us re-think.

I don't see Simpson being retained for next year. Languishing in the twos. Nankervis to replace Simpson and someone like Bellchambers for McIntosh. I see Leuenberger going to the Dogs (we've shown that Stanley is our preferred number 1, the Dogs don't really have one atm).

But does the club think there's been enough improvement from Lucey and Read to suggest they could cover the losses, and therefore we only target one ruckman in the off-season to cover both Tosh and Dawson?

But does the club think there's been enough improvement from Lucey and Read to suggest they could cover the losses, and therefore we only target one ruckman in the off-season to cover both Tosh and Dawson?
Both are a long way off from the little I've seen of them.

I do think there is something about Read to work with though.

I'm less inclinded to think the same way with Lucey but he is something of a 'free hit'.

From memory, there was a long pause for our pick 36 at the 2013 draft. We drafted Jansen with that pick, but Sydney took Nankervis with pick 35. I just had a feeling we were ready to take Nankervis there before the Swans pounced and made us re-think.

I don't see Simpson being retained for next year. Languishing in the twos. Nankervis to replace Simpson and someone like Bellchambers for McIntosh. I see Leuenberger going to the Dogs (we've shown that Stanley is our preferred number 1, the Dogs don't really have one atm).

Still a couple of seasons away, from what's been said in the VFL threads. Read's body needs a bit of work (too light) and Lucey is still learning the game.

Do not want Bellend. Rekon he is massively overrated TBH.

I have heard a whisper Nankervis is on our radar.

I think we will be seeking two rucks - one more mature and one younger - to replace HMac and Simpson. If we can't get two we will keep Simpson.

If Nankervis can be our younger but prebuilt add, Id consider a mature guy that would cost little but would be good coverage. Any ideas on who? Id not be fussed on age , or if they are only good for a year.. only that they are cheap and can play at the level. Simply CAN NOT get caught out with this ruck stuff again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

looks like we are getting danger, selwood and henderson just from reading articles written today. and also we are likely to keep motlop. so does that mean kelly, stokes, bartel, johnson, hmac, simpson, hartman, enright and rivers are all gone? we wont be able to afford to keep any of them anyway....

so 9 retirements, 3 trades, thats 6 at the draft. i think we aim for all 6 to be ruckmen...

If Nankervis can be our younger but prebuilt add, Id consider a mature guy that would cost little but would be good coverage. Any ideas on who? Id not be fussed on age , or if they are only good for a year.. only that they are cheap and can play at the level. Simply CAN NOT get caught out with this ruck stuff again.

In that case, the most important quality must surely be durability. Someone who will actually be fit when required.

If we get PD for nothing, I'd rather us keep that first round pick and go hard again for an established and fit ruckman than Hendo. Like what the Hawks did for BigBoy and we did for Ottens.

I really don't think he can be trusted with any heavy lifting.
"Supervisor" all construction sites have them and he's quite familiar with supervising by now...

looks like we are getting danger, selwood and henderson just from reading articles written today. and also we are likely to keep motlop. so does that mean kelly, stokes, bartel, johnson, hmac, simpson, hartman, enright and rivers are all gone? we wont be able to afford to keep any of them anyway....

so 9 retirements, 3 trades, thats 6 at the draft. i think we aim for all 6 to be ruckmen...
The whispers are that Kelly, SJ, Simpson and Rivers are done. Hartman left. I can see Stokes doing the team thing and hanging on for a VFL/AFL contract. So that's 6 there. A couple of others like Blease will be lucky to be on the list next year too. Bartel and Enright maybe go around again. If some of the veterans wanna hang around on cheap contracts that might help their cause as 110K of each veteran isn't in the cap.

I'd go Carlisle over Henderson, better defender.
Dangerfield & S. Selwood come as well.
Sounds good :D
?
image.jpg

Plus the Dons are campaigners to deal with. They'd want our first pick and Danger and Motlop and next year's first round pick.

I actually don't think it will. That's the typical "she'll be right mate" back slapping Drew Petrie "what does WADA have to do with an Australian sport" attitude (yes those are his words). I think they will come down on the Dons with great vengeance and furious anger. The contempt Essendon have shown the whole process is staggering. Supreme court action every step of the way - and the the whole losing records thing cannot ever stand as an excuse.

I actually don't think it will. That's the typical "she'll be right mate" back slapping Drew Petrie "what does WADA have to do with an Australian sport" attitude (yes those are his words). I think they will come down on the Dons with great vengeance and furious anger. The contempt Essendon have shown the whole process is staggering. Supreme court action every step of the way - and the the whole losing records thing cannot ever stand as an excuse.

Don't get me wrong, boobs- I'm hoping for a flogging from WADA- humiliation all around for Hird, Little, the AFL and the club Doctor. Plus a decent ban for the players- not backdated too far.

I'm just trying not to get my hopes up too much cos they've been sky high over the past 2.5 years only to come plummeting down like seagull-poo.

I'll just keep on being "faux-cynical" about it all, hoping to have the Powerball at the end. ;)

?
image.jpg

Plus the Dons are campaigners to deal with. They'd want our first pick and Danger and Motlop and next year's first round pick.

They'll want that but they won't get it. Obviously it depends on what happens with WADA and possible penalties, etc. But with Essendon playing more younger guys in last few rounds they might do a Collingwood from last 2 years & trade some more experienced players for draft picks. I'd offer our first round for Carlisle. Nothing more.

Gerard Whateley dropped a few hints on 360 tonight that Stevie J's time may be up, including a convo with Moons about whether he should retire a one club player or play elsewhere.

If that's the case, I reckon McIntosh, Stokes, Rivers, Johnson and Enright will go.
Bartel, Kelly, Mackie to go round again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back