MRP / Trib. 2024 MRO & Tribunal discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Dangerfield won't be getting this reduced. I think they've already given him the good bloke (and AFLPA President) reduction when they graded it 1 week. Initial thoughts was 2-3 when it happened.

2 - 3 weeks???!!

They couldn't be serious.

That's just laughable.
Ill put my hand up and say I thought he was lucky to not get 2
But also wouldn’t be surprised if he gets off tonight

If that was 2-3 weeks then the game is well and truly stuffed, may as well just ban tackling the same as they've effectively banned the bump.
The game has been stuffed for years now. Just look at the tackle close got rubbed out for last year.
It’s laughable.

I will tell you how the tribunal use to work in yester year , talk about Chook lotto

The Melb Sun newspaper use to have the full transcript of the tribunal cases the following day

Big Carl Ditterich got reported by 2 umpires for striking a player with a forearm to the head , Ditterich had been reported 15-20 times , he missed the Saints only flag by suspension

That weekend there were 6-7 reports ( not all in the 1 game ) and Big Carl was last cab off the rank , and the transcript read " The tribunal chairman looked at his watch ( it was after midnight ) goodness its late , all charges are dismissed "

And the headline in the Melb Sun was simply , Big Carl has a bit of luck at the tribunal

Thats how it use to work

Shouldn’t get anything, he tried to hold him up in the tackle, footy is rooted if this goes
Yet you can take a player head off in a “footy act” and end their career with no action taken …or split a player’s face open and win a Brownlow

Been cooked for a while

Ill put my hand up and say I thought he was lucky to not get 2
But also wouldn’t be surprised if he gets off tonight

I honestly don't see, with GFC glasses off, how on earth it's even reportable.

Footy doesn't need this.

It kind of feels like paddy is acting in 2 capacities here:

1. Geelong captain trying to get justice for himself and the club
2. AFLPA president trying to stand up for the rights of all players and the integrity of the game.

He seems pretty combative - which is what he would be doing if acting in capacity 2.

If he was acting only in capacity 1 he would be kissing the tribunals ass a bit more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How long now?

Its Been A Long Time Waiting GIF

That Zita guy is such a W:anchor:

No he's not

He's actually pretty good fun & enjoys a laugh during tribunal hearings - including AFL & VFL

Not sure if he also covered the SANFL last week

No he's not

He's actually pretty good fun & enjoys a laugh during tribunal hearings - including AFL & VFL

Not sure if he also covered the SANFL last week
I bow to your knowledge

Perhaps I'm nervous about Danger + therefore oversensitive

Remove this Banner Ad

Back