List Mgmt. 2016 Post Season Draft, Trading & Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We didn't get Buckets Lowe either!
We were selling stubby coolers out of a garden shed in those days,but big Stewy said he'd sign if we moved to Vic.:huh:

One post you're arguing for a smaller forward line, then your very next post bemoans the inability of our smaller forwards to be able to win the ball in the air.

Fuuuuuuaaa-, literally cannot win around this place.

Just going to go kick the neighbours dog, be right back.
Where did I say we shouldn't pick up KPP's? If a quality one is available, i'm all for it. I wanted us to trade pick 3+ for Lobb and McCarthy or Hogan. The point I was making is a good coach should be able to develop a game plan with the players he has at his disposal. If we can't get quality KPF's, i'd rather not settle on a Kersten or Black just because they're tall forwards and available. Might as well have kept Tanner Smith, or better yet, let's continue with Alex Pearce up forward/ruck :rolleyes:

Everyone knew Pav was coming to the end of his career and the club hasn't been able to get anyone in to replace him. For years, the club made contact with quality key forwards and they have all said no thanks. So what do you propose we do? Each year just keep asking key forwards if they want to come and in the meantime, pick up average KPF's and keep on trying to implement the same game plan in the hope we get a good KPF or one of the average ones come good?

We have the opportunity to try something new that plays to the strengths of our current list, something unexpected, something people haven't seen before. I'd rather we lose trying something new; Insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results but nahhhhh she's all good, mate, we've got Kersten and Black now :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

^this. The play I've seen of Kersten he knows where to run to, picks out targets (doesn't bomb it) and kicks pretty accurately (haven't checked stats). His downside is probably his chase/tackle but that's a guess. His footy nous is way above Tabs and Apeness however Kersten would play a third/fourth forward for us with Tabs/Apeness being 1/2 KPF, McCarthy 3rd, Yarran 5th and Walters 6th.
My thing with Kersten is he's not really a tall forward. He's 191, so he's Pav size without being elite like Pav. Defenders will have him covered fairly easy. Would need to be fairly cheap. We'd still be without a spearhead, i'm not sure he's that much better than Apeness and Tabs. Would rather play draft lotto :(

Any footage of Fyfe's grand tour? Any snaps of the great man landing in Seaford? Surely there must have been a red carpet and press corps in tow. Looking forward to seeing the movie. Will be a smash hit.
They're welcoming him at 2 mins 30.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In other news, Bennell is fully over his calf issues and ready itching for pre-season.

any word on him starting early like AP and Fyfe?

pretty sure he started early last year, so it isn't out of the question

Whatever happens in the next few weeks, that could be our 2017 season right there. Those three, fit and firing for the whole season and we're a different team.

This has been confirmed by 3 of our sources, and we have reason to believed this news is true regarding Nat Fyfe. Here it is, get ready.

Our sources have confirmed, currently Fyfe is happy, without an intention of leaving Fremantle, but will re-explore his options next year.

Nat Fyfe toured every Victorian club with an open mind, purely to explore his options, to assist him in making a decision on his future.

We're not for one minute saying Fyfe will leave Fremantle. He is just exploring his options and at this stage is happy at the Dockers.

We understand when Fyfe becomes a free agent he will explore his options. At this stage it appears Carlton, Hawthorn, St Kilda impressed him.

We understand Carlton gathered club legends including Chris Judd and Stephen Silvagni to greet Fyfe at Ikon Park, and he was impressed.

This was from AFLTrade on Twitter

Quoting the Trade Whisperer round these here parts is a hanging offense, dagnabbit. Believe me, I've nearly been lynched myself for doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back