Preview 2016 Preliminary Final - Geelong Cats vs Sydney Swans, Friday September 23, MCG.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I 222www
Still want Jones playing. He's best 22 and has proved his fitness (assuming recovery from concussion).

Yep, and we need his pace.

Actually I'd be stoked if Rohan stayed in and it was Jones for McVeigh and Tippett for Nankervis. That would give us good pace at both ends of the field, with our only loss being some experience and disposal efficiency down back.

Going to stop reading this thread now. Call it pregame jitters or whatever the **** but I could quite possibly be certified insane if continue to do so. Pretty much the same as people on here who don't want Tippett to play should be. :rolleyes:

Geelong could not give a flying **** about Toby Nankervis where as Kurt Tippett playing to his ability and possibly embarrassing their backline and be the difference ? Well Yeah thats a different story and also a better chance than Toby God Bless him having an impact. Sure there is a chance he puts someone on a stretcher with his bull at a gate style but will that get the points for us ? No which option is the more likely.

I 222www

Yep, and we need his pace.

Actually I'd be stoked if Rohan stayed in and it was Jones for McVeigh and Tippett for Nankervis. That would give us good pace at both ends of the field, with our only loss being some experience and disposal efficiency down back.
and pointing

Words is that Rohan got a knock on the scar tissue from where he had the rods. That hurts like you wouldn't believe but it's unlikely to cause him to miss a game.
Bone bruising hurts like a mother. That's why when I saw that he was pointing to the bottom of his quad around where the pcl & quad connect and not his knee that I thought that it was muscular rather than structural. Turns out to be another sort of structural. I wonder if it'll play in his mind all week, or if they'll give him some pain relief.

That leg going to ache bad!

Regardless of who is selected and who is not. They just need to go out there and give 100%. Will require everyone on the team to fire to win this one. Also expecting us to get reamed by the umps going by our last 2 finals.

Tippett has played a couple of ripping prelims in the past, one for us in 2014 and one for the Crows in 2012. If he brings that form then let him play. But if it's just the same old form he's shown in the back half of this year (and I suspect it is) then I'm with you 100%

We'll of course it's poor...he's hardly ****ing played!

Going to stop reading this thread now. Call it pregame jitters or whatever the **** but I could quite possibly be certified insane if continue to do so. Pretty much the same as people on here who don't want Tippett to play should be. :rolleyes:

Geelong could not give a flying **** about Toby Nankervis where as Kurt Tippett playing to his ability and possibly embarrassing their backline and be the difference ? Well Yeah thats a different story and also a better chance than Toby God Bless him having an impact. Sure there is a chance he puts someone on a stretcher with his bull at a gate style but will that get the points for us ? No which option is the more likely.

I love your posting

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about if Toby goes out, puts Dangerfield to sleep, then Tippet can come back next week?
34e2dca5f6967bad622a8e8f4409fa0f04329b4cf7a74b810285e2dd2537350c.jpg

Last time Sydney played Geelong in round 16 and won by 38 points (and at Geelong's home ground), the cats had a bye in round 15 so they came into the game fresh in round 16 whereas Sydney had that tough game against the Doggies on Saturday and it was only a 6 day break till we played the cats on Friday night. Basically got the same thing happening this weekend so there's some confidence to be taken from that.

We have had six 6 day breaks this year for 5 wins & 1 loss to the Hawks.

Only problem with Jones coming in is he'd take Marsh's place, and I have a feeling Geelong are gonna stack their forward line. They didn't have Stanley last time we played them (they went with Clarke instead LOL) but there's also Smith and Hawkins who are marking machines. I don't know if we'd be better going short and fast in defence or tall and strong.

Only problem with Jones coming in is he'd take Marsh's place, and I have a feeling Geelong are gonna stack their forward line. They didn't have Stanley last time we played them (they went with Clarke instead LOL) but there's also Smith and Hawkins who are marking machines. I don't know if we'd be better going short and fast in defence or tall and strong.
Tom Hawk hurt his groin today , he might be hindered on long leads

Why are you all not thinking Jones in and Marsh out? Marsh had no impact on the Adelaide game, and Jones only lost his spot due to injury??

And if Tippo's fit, then he's in and Toby's out... I absolutely trust that Horse will NOT play Toby in preference to a fit Tippo... that's just laughable imo;)

I've bolded the operative words in your theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back