List Mgmt. 2016 Trade/FA Thread 2.0: Ahern (pg168); Hrovat (pg252); Williams (pg270)

Remove this Banner Ad

Goldy to W.C

Picks 11 & 12 to Freo

Fyfe to N.M

Am I doing this right ?
oh gee it has started on Facebook page - we have given up a first round pick for Ahern and don't try to convince them otherwise

Was that the "first round pick" we were getting as compensation for Wells????? Sure that'll probably do, send through the paper work..

Not sure why I sing this when I read this, but I do:

How deep is the draft , how deep is the draft
How deep is the draft?
I really mean to learn
'Cause we're living in a world of fools
Breaking us down when they all should let us be
We belong to you and me

Richard Mercer likes this post, wishes you and Lindsay the happiest of futures together.

And dedicates Africa by Toto to this special friendship.

Surely our next 3 moves are this:

1. 2017 2nd to GWS for Ahern & Pickett.

2. 2017 1st & 3rd , 32, 33 & Black to the Suns for 8, 22, 24, 28

3. Hansen to Dogs for Hrovat

Go to draft with: 8,11,22,24,28 in addition to Ahern, Pickett & Hrovat
All fair trades. Would be a good trade period for us

Someone always falls down the draft order. There will be late mail etc and it will throw everything up in the air. I'm not saying we shouldn't trade pick 11 but I reckon we will be suprised by who is available at that pick. The only problem will be if everyone prior to us picks midfielders. I'm not sure exactly where they expect English, Battle etc to go but we are unlikely to take any KP players in the first two picks.
yeah maybe....we were keen on Nakia but Geelong jumped in earlier and we ended up with Durdin. completely different players. Would we really have selected Durdin if cockatoo was available? Personally in this draft I like Florent. Twomey had him rated a few picks below our pick, he could quite conceivably go top 10. As a professional trader you need to block out noise, trust and back your own judgement. Dunno if the club has their eyes on other players around the mark BUT ultimately they should have their pecking order in mind and if they think we can get who we want at our current pick, then great, no point risking on dropping down the order.

Latest update is they're still worthless both to us and 17 other clubs.

I am happy to keep Mckenzie he showed improvement, but I think he wants to head home and the club is happy to accommodate.

Black, I think with a change of environment he could be a very good pick-up I see it has been reported that Port and GC have shown some interest but Port have no picks to give (first three are 9, 49 and 67 you can see why they wanted to trade Hartlett) GC have pick 44 (which may be their 8th or 9th pick) that is probably about the mark, I wouldn't mind at all if we paid his salary and tried to buy an upgrade from 11, both clubs have 8 and 9 atm, some clubs are doing crazy stuff right now.

Tippet, I imagine will be delisted unless we trade Hansen out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's not downgrade our first rounder for players who have never played an AFL game and have had 2 recos or players who were taken in the 50s a few years ago and have 'dominated' a bush league comp.

Hvorat - Future third
Ahern (maybe Pickett added in possibly) - Future second
Dear - (Unless we get a late third) Fourth rounder (maybe a stretch too far)

That leaves with all our important current picks in play for the draft where we look at Florent, Taranto and Shai Bolton.

If this all goes to plan, I'm a happy man and come 2018 with a fit Ahern, let the road to our fifth premiership begin strongly.

Anything. It was asked in regards to news or updates

I briefly went through the last few days of his tweets and North are disproportionately represented; that is, there are more tweets on us than any other team. And he seems to be a bit frustrated that we're not giving him anything, hence we are "hesitant to commit" and chasing Zaharakis ...

It's probably Damo.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2016 Trade/FA Thread 2.0: Ahern (pg168); Hrovat (pg252); Williams (pg270)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back