List Mgmt. 2016 Trade/FA Thread 2.0: Ahern (pg168); Hrovat (pg252); Williams (pg270)

Remove this Banner Ad

How can we improve our position with the players we have available to trade, at the moment we know Black is available and Tippet and Mckenzie have yet to be offered or sign contracts, Black has interest from GC and PA, but nothing has been said about the other two, Hansen's name keep popping up in here like Swallow and Goldie but as yet we have heard nothing from the club to suggest any are on the table.

so Black suitors have:

GC picks: 2, 6 for Prestia, 8, 10 for JOM, 22, 24, 26, 44, 62, 80, 96 they may have to trade some of their later picks back for Prestia and JOM
PA picks: 9, 49, 67, 85, 103

Port could do:
upload_2016-10-16_2-8-15.png

GC could do: without any pain and this gives us that early 20s pick that could be used for very good speculative
upload_2016-10-16_2-9-0.png

GC would pay 2 firsts if one came went back to them.

Can't trade Taz. We need him and maybe Thommo to teach EVW, Nielsen and hopefully Durdin.

We know that GC ideally want players not picks.

GC have 2 contracted mature rucks on their list already and are looking at Witts as well.

Goldy just costs them too much and is a little old considering they already have good cover in that position.

They are looking at senior bodied mids thus I would trade them Swallow however North seem reluctant to move him on for some reason.

I would do

In: 6 + 44
Out: 11 + Swallow

He would hold more value than both Black and McKenzie simply because untapped potential >> underwhelming AFL form. You'll always take the unknown quantity over the quantity that is known to be poor.

Come on mate, you surely don't believe what you post sometimes ;) ;)

so in your eyes EVW is worth more then Black and Mckenzie on the trade table, until the day he plays a bad game. we've been doing this for year now Thewlis you always undervalue players we are looking to trade and overvalue players we are looking to trade for I do the opposite.

and we both believe what we post ;), I think Black with a new environment would be an excellent pick-up, his manager has a lot to do with the reason why we have a certain opinion of Black.

GC have 2 contracted mature rucks on their list already and are looking at Witts as well.

Goldy just costs them too much and is a little old considering they already have good cover in that position.

They are looking at senior bodied mids thus I would trade them Swallow however North seem reluctant to move him on for some reason.

I would do

trading Swallow removes any doubt in GC's mind that they will lose his brother to FA, if we were to trade Swallow you would want to take better advantage of that, remember they have 7 picks before 30, let me say that again "seven picks before 30".

How can we improve our position with the players we have available to trade, at the moment we know Black is available and Tippet and Mckenzie have yet to be offered or sign contracts, Black has interest from GC and PA, but nothing has been said about the other two, Hansen's name keep popping up in here like Swallow and Goldie but as yet we have heard nothing from the club to suggest any are on the table.

so Black suitors have:

GC picks: 2, 6 for Prestia, 8, 10 for JOM, 22, 24, 26, 44, 62, 80, 96 they may have to trade some of their later picks back for Prestia and JOM
PA picks: 9, 49, 67, 85, 103

Port could do:
View attachment 300875

GC could do: without any pain and this gives us that early 20s pick that could be used for very good speculative
View attachment 300876

Would be nice if we can get something decent for Black however im not holding my breath and in fact would rather keep him due to his lack of value.

Its also worth noting your trades are 2 for 2 type deals.

We currently have 4 open primary list slots which means we are currently using 11, 32, 33 + 69. If we delist any other players (Tippett?) we drop even further.

The trade I suggested is 2 for 1. Thus we would then be using 13, 32 + 33 only without delistings.

so in your eyes EVW is worth more then Black and Mckenzie on the trade table, until the day he plays a bad game. we've been doing this for year now Thewlis you always undervalue players we are looking to trade and overvalue players we are looking to trade for I do the opposite.

From a trade perspective, absolutely EVW has more value than those guys. Young players who have shown promise and only been in the system for 1-2 years will always hold more value than guys like McKenzie and Black who have been in the system for much longer, have played a fair bit of senior footy and still haven't established themselves.

Seeing you dismiss the idea of dropping two spots to pick up Dear but then propose a trade where Port drops out of the top 10 to pick up Black is very amusing though ;) ;)

Would be nice if we can get something decent for Black however im not holding my breath and in fact would rather keep him due to his lack of value.

Its also worth noting your trades are 2 for 2 type deals.

We currently have 4 open primary list slots which means we are currently using 11, 32, 33 + 69. If we delist any other players (Tippett?) we drop even further.

The trade I suggested is 2 for 1. Thus we would then be using 13, 32 + 33 only without delistings.

if your 2 for 1 is Dear and 11 for 13, I suspect you could hold 11 and get Dear at 69, that is why I see little value, I would prefer to have a first choice of 5 or 6 in this group at 11 then take the third choice.

if your 2 for 1 is Dear and 11 for 13, I suspect you could hold 11 and get Dear at 69, that is why I see little value, I would prefer to have a first choice of 5 or 6 in this group at 11 then take the third choice.

Sure if Ade want to do Dear for 69 im fine with it however the other way is better for them as it helps them get Gibbs.

Also with the 11 > 13 option we now have 69 to perhaps use as an upgrade option.

Perhaps something like

In: 49
Out: 69 + Black

Leaving us with 13, 32, 33 + 49

I would do

There rucks are shit in comparison to Goldy. They would take him every day of the week. It would cost them anything as they are about to lose Prestia and JOM. They have a shed load of top picks we could get. Definitely get Swallow up there if we can get a teens pick for him.

From a trade perspective, absolutely EVW has more value than those guys. Young players who have shown promise and only been in the system for 1-2 years will always hold more value than guys like McKenzie and Black who have been in the system for much longer, have played a fair bit of senior footy and still haven't established themselves.

Hrovat must be going cheap then. :thumbsu: Oh I forgot he doesn't play for North.

Seeing you dismiss the idea of dropping two spots to pick up Dear but then propose a trade where Port drops out of the top 10 to pick up Black is very amusing though ;);)

I thought you would find that amusing. like I said mate, you never think it should work in our favour but always in the favour of the opposition.

anyway somewhere in the middle of our opinions I am sure it will be correct, a bit like Basti last year that you thourght was worth a paket of twisties and I thought was worth a late first rounder.

upload_2016-10-16_2-39-44.png
51 is the round 3 pick from this year.

but then when you look at it closer we did get 17 for Basti :):);)

Sure if Ade want to do Dear for 69 im fine with it however the other way is better for them as it helps them get Gibbs.

Also with the 11 > 13 option we now have 69 to perhaps use as an upgrade option.

Perhaps something like

In: 49
Out: 69 + Black

Leaving us with 13, 32, 33 + 49

I suppose until the draft is held we wont truly know, but it would be a pity if at 11 Taranto slips but at 13 the best left are English and Marshall, great gets but not really needs.

Hrovat must be going cheap then. :thumbsu: Oh I forgot he doesn't play for North.

Injuries more than anything have stopped Hrovat from establishing himself - if he didn't hurt his shoulder late on there's every chance he keeps his spot for the finals this year. He has also been in the system for 12 months less than McKenzie and three years less than Black.

Regardless, he will still likely go for a later pick, future pick or pick swap, despite the fact he would be best 22 at a number of clubs.

There rucks are shit in comparison to Goldy. They would take him every day of the week. It would cost them anything as they are about to lose Prestia and JOM. They have a shed load of top picks we could get. Definitely get Swallow up there if we can get a teens pick for him.

I see GC using the JOM deal perhaps as follows

In: 3 + Hanley
Out: 8 + JOM

Prestia

In: 46 + 2017 Rich R1
Out: 30 + Prestia

Expect they will trade 44 > AChee + 46 > Witts

This would leave them with 3,4,22,24.26

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 300884
51 is the round 3 pick from this year.

but then when you look at it closer we did get 17 for Basti :):);)

Three things worked in our favour in this deal:

1) The loophole in the points system which meant teams could load up on later picks to get the points equivalent
2) Brisbane's desire for seasoned mids (Bastinac at that stage was never going to attract interest from a good side)
3) Collingwood's desperation to get a deal done for Aish

It was excellent trading from us as we took advantage of this to secure overs for a vanilla mid.

Three things worked in our favour in this deal:

1) The loophole in the points system which meant teams could load up on later picks to get the points equivalent
2) Brisbane's desire for seasoned mids (Bastinac at that stage was never going to attract interest from a good side)
3) Collingwood's desperation to get a deal done for Aish

It was excellent trading from us as we took advantage of this to secure overs for a vanilla mid.

doesn't change the fact we got more then a packet of twisties. We have two clubs that have shown some interest in Black if you believe the media (one of them has a very big bag of good picks) maybe we can do some excellent trading again.:thumbsu:

I don't get why you have argue every point when I concede we think differently.

Is it possible to run with Maj + Brown interchanging as our main B22 ruck set up?

With perhaps Pruess playing a handfull of games to cover soreness?

And perhaps rookie list some mature guy in case of emergency?

Is it possible to run with Maj + Brown interchanging as our main B22 ruck set up?

With perhaps Pruess playing a handfull of games to cover soreness?

And perhaps rookie list some mature guy in case of emergency?

Will Minson I keep telling the world should have been looked at..

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2016 Trade/FA Thread 2.0: Ahern (pg168); Hrovat (pg252); Williams (pg270)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back