List Mgmt. 2016 Trade/FA Thread 2.0: Ahern (pg168); Hrovat (pg252); Williams (pg270)

Remove this Banner Ad

Can anyone give me an update on what irons we have in the fire atm?

Seems like we are being pretty quiet this year.

As they say a picture tells a 1000 words....

pelagic_longline.jpg

WHE, Ahern, Hrovat, D.Swallow, Lyons.

Might trade out; Mullet, Mckenzie,Black, Hansen A Swallow. Maybe Goldstein for pick 12 and Lycett. What could we do with picks 11 and 12 and A Swallow to GC?

Swallow and 12 for 6?

There's along way to go in this trading period.

Can anyone give me an update on what irons we have in the fire atm?

Seems like we are being pretty quiet this year.
Dear- Kpf from the crows, a more contested version of Jenkins.
Hvorat- Half-forward/mid from the dogs with good skills and decent speed, a bit undersized.
Ahern- High draft pick gws mid that has been let down by injuries, think Wells, but has the potential to be better.
Pickett (more linked to Carlton than us)- Talented outside player with pace, injuries and attitude are a problem.

pelagic_longline.jpg

Might trade out; Mullet, Mckenzie,Black, Hansen A Swallow. Maybe Goldstein for pick 12 and Lycett. What could we do with picks 11 and 12 and A Swallow to GC?

Swallow and 12 for 6?

When does.it end?

Dear- Kpf from the crows, a more contested version of Jenkins.
Hvorat- Half-forward/mid from the dogs with good skills and decent speed, a bit undersized.
Ahern- High draft pick gws mid that has been let down by injuries, think Wells, but has the potential to be better.
Pickett (more linked to Carlton than us)- Talented outside player with pace, injuries and attitude are a problem.
Jarryd Lyons too.

pelagic_longline.jpg

Swallow and 12 for 6?

If we trade Goldy for Lycett and pick 12 Joyce should be shot.

"West Coast could astonish the football world yet again by picking up Todd Goldstein, with WAtoday reporting the ruckman had a medical with the Eagles.

Eagles football manager Craig Vozzo said on Saturday that a move wasn't on the cards, but speculation continues to surround Goldstein’s future.

Goldstein, 28, is signed at North until the end of 2019 but the Roos have since acknowledged their group isn't good enough to win a premiership, with veterans Brent Harvey, Drew Petrie, Nick Dal Santo and Michael Firrito told they wouldn’t be at the club next season.

West Coast wants to replace injured big man Nic Naitanui, who is set to miss a large chunk of 2017 after a knee reconstruction."

"West Coast could astonish the football world yet again by picking up Todd Goldstein, with WAtoday reporting the ruckman had a medical with the Eagles.

Eagles football manager Craig Vozzo said on Saturday that a move wasn't on the cards, but speculation continues to surround Goldstein’s future.

Goldstein, 28, is signed at North until the end of 2019 but the Roos have since acknowledged their group isn't good enough to win a premiership, with veterans Brent Harvey, Drew Petrie, Nick Dal Santo and Michael Firrito told they wouldn’t be at the club next season.

West Coast wants to replace injured big man Nic Naitanui, who is set to miss a large chunk of 2017 after a knee reconstruction."
Old news. Please try to keep up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tom Browne makes it up as he goes. Would hardly say he is a reliable source.

However, I would do Scott Lycett + 12 for Goldy.

If the whole thing about Goldy is unsettling the club then it may be best for us to part ways. In all likelihood he isn't going to be around for our next flag.

Then take a developing ruck in the rookie list. Ladhams/Sweet/Olango/Goddard.

Gets us pick 11 and 12. Take a mix of Taranto/Florent/Bolton/Scrimshaw/Simpkin

12 & Barrass = Goldstein
12 + 2017 1st and 2nd = Goldstein

They are the 2 deals I'd accept from the big birds.

Firstly, I do not believe Goldy will go.

But what, we become like Melbourne/Brisbane and throw stupid contracts at Dawes and that * tool just to make minimum cap?

Sure, you can front load but Melbourne/Brisvegas hardly destination clubs.

Boomer, Drew, Spud, Dal, Goldy, Black just off the top of my head is about 2.5M.

I dont like pick 9 for us in this pool so I wouldnt do that.

The main reason im trying to move 11 on is I dont like that part either.
Your attitude to draft position is incredibly strange. You do realise that a higher draft position just allows us to get a player who we rate more highly than a lower one? I don't understand why you're so keen on late 1st/ early 2nd picks, when higher picks allow us to select players higher up our draft board.

Your attitude to draft position is incredibly strange. You do realise that a higher draft position just allows us to get a player who we rate more highly than a lower one? I don't understand why you're so keen on late 1st/ early 2nd picks, when higher picks allow us to select players higher up our draft board.

I'm in your boat. If trading down is so easy and sensible then we should upgrade 11-7. Then rinse and go 7-3.

We then begin that process with our Wells compo pick.

By Thurs we have 2 picks inside 6 plus another 2 inside 12 for Goldy and the reset is ready to rock.

Contracts are worth mud these days, it basically means you just aren't held over a barrel.

The major sticking point with this is suitors.

West Coast may be the only one willing to take him and his contract is mooted to be 700+ a year, we also don't know weather that is front or back ended.

I'd be willing to pay a bit of the contract if it meant we got 12 and a Duggan. Not interested in Lycett, I think we've got enough in Preuss and Daw.

People talking of 3 picks or Gaff are dreaming, if he was in hot demand I'd agree with you, but he had an ordinary year by his standards and is on a massive contract a contender has to try and fit in.

Contracts are worth mud these days, it basically means you just aren't held over a barrel.

The major sticking point with this is suitors.

West Coast may be the only one willing to take him and his contract is mooted to be 700+ a year, we also don't know weather that is front or back ended.

I'd be willing to pay a bit of the contract if it meant we got 12 and a Duggan. Not interested in Lycett, I think we've got enough in Preuss and Daw.

People talking of 3 picks or Gaff are dreaming, if he was in hot demand I'd agree with you, but he had an ordinary year by his standards and is on a massive contract a contender has to try and fit in.
Anyone who has the cap space would be willing to pay Goldstein's 700k. Vickery and Mayne are on 500-550k for god sake, anotjer 100k and you can get the best ruck in the comp you do it.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2016 Trade/FA Thread 2.0: Ahern (pg168); Hrovat (pg252); Williams (pg270)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back