Backfire 2016 - Year of the Norf?

At $13 for the flag, does Norf offer undeniably good value to raise the cup in September?

• Holy shit BJD, I'm getting on now!

Votes: 11 17.2%
  • This scenario intrigues me, I will be conducting further research before investing my hard earned

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • lel nerf

Votes: 24 37.5%
  • Jack Watts says divvy this shit and OP is a massive thumper

Votes: 25 39.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Fellow Bay degenerates,

with the season well and truly underway the cream of the AFL constituents is gradually rising to the top, and the bona fide Premiership fancies are beginning to stamp their imprimatur on the competition.

The usual suspects in Hawthorn, West Coast, Sydney and Geelong all occupy the top lines of betting for the 2016 flag, yet only one of those teams has started the season off in truly ominous fashion - the undefeated Swans.

Hiding underneath the top liners is another team quietly going about their business, starting the season at 3-zip, have minimal injury concerns, are well and truly in their 'Premiership window' and are coached by one of the leagues most renowned and respected football tacticians.

Currently at an undeniably generous $13 for the flag, I present to you the irrepressible Norf Melbourne Football Club.

With their ageless and totally unselfish spritual leader in career best form, a key forward who has finally reached his potential, a veteran list infused with youthful enthusiasm and following extremely narrow Preliminary final defeats in each of the past two seasons the time is now for the boys from Arden St.

A glance at their draw indicates a run of almost certain victories in the coming weeks, all of which the Shinboners should start as favourites - it is certainly not outside the realm of possibility that Norf will enter the bye at 13-1, maybe even 14-0.

Norf supporters will probably rush in to play down their chances, but don't let them fool you - as we know they are well renowned for keeping their sangfroid when poked and prodded by the masses.

So floggerinos, surely the opportunity to back the Premiership favourite at a juicy $13 is an opportunity too good to refuse?

018663-divvy-van.jpg

So much for flyingflying under the radar. Thanks a lot BJD :mad:

Personally I just couldn't believe that Norf were $13, I simply had to share this information with my Bay brethren.
Extraordinary value if you ask me

Good odds, but then I'd have to barrack for norf

Out in Straight Sets in the Finals this year, there is no fodder shit truck team like Essendon or Shitmond for DownHill Norf to beat up this season.

Had an absolute cake draw so far, once they play the Hawthorn's and Sydney's, Brad's Bogans will cop the beltings they so richly deserve.

$13 for a premiership win yet $1001 for a prelim win.

How does that work?

Gee if Norf are $1001 for a prelim win imagine what the Doggies are paying.

Also to the OP, Sydney haven't had a tough game yet. First one is this weekend. Not saying they arent a bloody good side, just lets see how they go against the crows this week before popping the champagne corks on the 2016 flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They've only beaten Brisbane (lol), perennial under-performers Adelaide, and an up-and-coming powerhouse who are bound to be a bit inconsistent due to their youf. Once the retirement homes start cracking down on their players going walk-abouts on the weekends, they'll be in real strife.

Good thread BigJoeD_ but I'm leaving it to you to.clean up all of the reports due to using the word Norf.

OK I'll clean up these ones.

If the lid comes off, Norf can't win.

It will be interesting to see how the Norfies cope with the pressure as the inevitable wins keep piling up, and their flag odds shorten.

They've always been such a rational bunch :)

We should be ok there - well, until Kangaroos4eva sees the thread anyway :)
I do enjoy the back handed, and not so subtle, compliments about good old lol norf, thanks Joe:).

#lolnorf
#goo
#bringbackbrett
#soozlikesjoescomplimentsandscience

Out in Straight Sets in the Finals this year, there is no fodder shit truck team like Essendon or Shitmond for DownHill Norf to beat up this season.

Had an absolute cake draw so far, once they play the Hawthorn's and Sydney's, Brad's Bogans will cop the beltings they so richly deserve.
Nah, this year the "fodder" will be whoever we beat in finals. :)

Nah, this year the "fodder" will be whoever we beat in finals. :)
You need to understand NL, every time North wins, it's because the roof was closed, the other team let North win, the maggots won it for them, the other team had the flu, the other team was missing their best forward, because he's a coke snorter and missing Sam Reid, etc. etc.

You need to understand NL, every time North wins, it's because the roof was closed, the other team let North win, the maggots won it for them, the other team had the flu, the other team was missing their best forward, because he's a coke snorter and missing Sam Reid, etc. etc.
Getting just a tad melty :rainbow:

They've only beaten Brisbane (lol), perennial under-performers Adelaide, and an up-and-coming powerhouse who are bound to be a bit inconsistent due to their youf. Once the retirement homes start cracking down on their players going walk-abouts on the weekends, they'll be in real strife.
Adelaide are the real deal mate, we got Melbourne on their good week too. ;)

Back