Backfire 2016 - Year of the Norf?

At $13 for the flag, does Norf offer undeniably good value to raise the cup in September?

• Holy shit BJD, I'm getting on now!

Votes: 11 17.2%
  • This scenario intrigues me, I will be conducting further research before investing my hard earned

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • lel nerf

Votes: 24 37.5%
  • Jack Watts says divvy this shit and OP is a massive thumper

Votes: 25 39.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Keeping the lid on, we're just doing what needs to be done.

Will be thereabouts at the pointy end of the season much to the chagrin of tuggers, essendope, carltank and the colliwobbles.

Not at all Sprout, just highlighting typical excuses when one team loses to another.

I trust that you are in agreement with the sentiments of the OP, and have parted with some of your hard earned?

$13, that is an opportunity too good to pass up, surely?

Well the maggots did hand you that game. There's no denying it.

I was also alarmed at the extent of reliance on Boomer. Alarmed and deeply concerned.
That maggot one was put in because of the, valid, whinging that some of your lot were doing on the MB, it was a ripping contest though, take it as a positive, what goes around, comes around in that regard.

Like that Port game in Tassie where we got 35-17 frees in our favour and then two years later, the maggots ripped us off against Port last year.

Plus beating us in the contest can mean only good things.

Come on, Boomer is a freak of nature, we are more reliant on Goldy than Boomer.

I trust that you are in agreement with the sentiments of the OP, and have parted with some of your hard earned?

I like all the nice things you said about us Joe. If we are top four at the end of the regular season, I'll be happy, not Brett33 happy, but happy enough for a bit of goo.

I don't gamble anymore, addictions and me do not mix well. Good luck with your betting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I put my money down when the odds were nearly double that. I could cash out now at nearly double my original stake (possibly a good idea)

Does it really annoy you that much? :$

I thought it was cause we're underdogs. Maybe they were just trolling norfies.
It's pretty annoying when you're trying to watch the game, understandable that they'd cheer on the underdogs though. That's why Footscray is getting so much love at the moment IMO, if you fail for long enough any glimmer of hope will be met by a bandwagon of media support*

Sympathy*

I thought the umps kept you in it to be fair.

I want what you're on. It must be some good stuff.

Commentators too, poor Huddo was so deflated when you didn't get up :(

The commentators kept us in it? o_O

Moral support, they were barracking harder than the average Melbourne supporter does :eek:

I like you guys, but I haven't yet worked out who's Pedro and who's Napoleon Dynamite.

Fellow Bay degenerates,

with the season well and truly underway the cream of the AFL constituents is gradually rising to the top, and the bona fide Premiership fancies are beginning to stamp their imprimatur on the competition.

The usual suspects in Hawthorn, West Coast, Sydney and Geelong all occupy the top lines of betting for the 2016 flag, yet only one of those teams has started the season off in truly ominous fashion - the undefeated Swans.

Hiding underneath the top liners is another team quietly going about their business, starting the season at 3-zip, have minimal injury concerns, are well and truly in their 'Premiership window' and are coached by one of the leagues most renowned and respected football tacticians.

Currently at an undeniably generous $13 for the flag, I present to you the irrepressible Norf Melbourne Football Club.

With their ageless and totally unselfish spritual leader in career best form, a key forward who has finally reached his potential, a veteran list infused with youthful enthusiasm and following extremely narrow Preliminary final defeats in each of the past two seasons the time is now for the boys from Arden St.

A glance at their draw indicates a run of almost certain victories in the coming weeks, all of which the Shinboners should start as favourites - it is certainly not outside the realm of possibility that Norf will enter the bye at 13-1, maybe even 14-0.

Norf supporters will probably rush in to play down their chances, but don't let them fool you - as we know they are well renowned for keeping their sangfroid when poked and prodded by the masses.

So floggerinos, surely the opportunity to back the Premiership favourite at a juicy $13 is an opportunity too good to refuse?

I have SEEN the Promised Land!!! Gawd Almighty Praise the LORD!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Backfire 2016 - Year of the Norf?

Back