Preview 2017 2nd QF Geelong v Richmond @ Richmond's home ground, 7:50pm Friday

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried to get too smart at selection by using obscure stats and will cost us dearly.

Zach Guthrie is nowhere near ready for a final and will get probably 7 or 8 touches.

Vs menzel who could potentially kick 3 or 4 goals in a low scoring game.

If Alex rance wins his battle say against taylor and keeps him away.. It leaves us very thin with goal scoring options.

The only think I can think of is that due to the wet we can afford to run selwood with Duncan, menegelola, scooter and cam Guthrie and probably have danger play full forward for a big chunk of the game.

I still can't fathom the reasoning behind that selection
As long as Rioli gets that few and no goals or 1 goal, I could care less how many possessions Zuthrie has. If Tuohy gets 7 I'll worry...

I'm sure Dusty is terrified. ;)

Zach+Guthrie+Geelong+Cats+Training+Session+_HPfceMeTpyl.jpg
1417716769565.jpeg

Sorry i couldnt help myself...
Good luck tonight.
The atmosphere will be awsome.

I'll break it down slowly for you because It's not really hard to wrap ones head around.

- Richmond have plenty of small, quick running players.

- There's a possibility that it will be cold and damp.

- We'll have Taylor and Hawkins up forward (adding Menzel limits our ability to apply defensive pressure and plays to their strengths.

- The Tigers have a small forward line.

- Zac blanketed Rioli last time.

- It's match-up and opposition related.
I do wonder if this was a Grand Final if the same decision would be made.

Right I have said it before and this is your last warning.

If you continue to make coherent and reasonable points whilst rebutting moronic emotive madness. You will be banned from bigfooty! Until you learn what this forum is actually about!

No excuses now because you have been clearly and unequivocally warned!

Exactly right.
This common sense has no place here!

I do wonder if this was a Grand Final if the same decision would be made.
I think we learnt in 08 that you can't risk not quite right players in grand finals - while it'd be great to see Menzel win a premiership medal, we need to ensure we have the best team for the day even if that means a fan favourite misses out

I think we learnt in 08 that you can't risk not quite right players in grand finals - while it'd be great to see Menzel win a premiership medal, we need to ensure we have the best team for the day even if that means a fan favourite misses out

08 was lost because we couldn't kick straight plain and simple, had nothing to do with injured players.

While I agree, a lot are saying this decision is structure based.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im quite happy with the changes - Buzza is out - so im pleased with that

Selwood ( champion and all the rest of it ) is underdone - and will probably play as a half forward - floater - thats why Menzel lost his spot

I hope Joel starts close to the goal square - he will be a hell of a match up for that Richmond defence
While I think it's a sensible idea to have Joel play forward if he's still sore, or to rotate him forward to rest, I just cannot see him wanting to play there, I reckon he'll want to be right in the guts of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back