Preview 2017 AFL Grand Final - Adelaide v Richmond, Sat, Sept 30, MCG, 2.30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crows are the better team for mine but Richmond have learned to play hard, consistent footy and are on a roll and full of belief so makes it an interesting game. Yet, the crows also have a tough recent history to help them rise to the occasion, so it's full of imponderables. Both these teams have toughened up as the year has gone on, so worthy finalists.
Can't pick the winner! Prefer a tigers win but won't mind the crows either.

Crows are playing better footy than the start of the year too.
We are miles ahead of the next best individual team (Sydney) and team of best individuals (GWS). Richmond's window opened this week and will shut promptly one week later.

They are no chance next year. Will not finish top 4.

GWS were the rebound/scoring from turnover kings but this year they haven't looked as dangerous. Richmond have been quite clean, but you're right, they still make mistakes and turn it over, and it doesn't take much for Adelaide. Wet weather will work in Richmond's favour.
Adelaide have smashed teams in the wet this year.

Richmond can certainly win, especially if they get off to a good start. Adelaide are a heavily scoring team so even if they are down by 3,4 or even 5 goals they have a habit of scoring quickly which can bring them back into games. I think this will end up being a low scoring game which suits the Tigers.

Premiers: Richmond (7 points)
Norm Smith medal: Toby Nankervis
Finals MVP winner: Dustin Martin

In the 2 finals the Crows have only lost 2 quarters by 1 and 7 points respectively. They drew 2 other quarter.

That's not exactly taking the foot off the pedal in 2 games that were close to done by half time.

We can only assume they'll carry on with that form, but I meant the season as a whole. Can't see a North style ambush though...

Interesting little graphic on the AFL site during one of the videos....
Crows.JPG
No idea what metrics they are using to judge defence as being #1 as while we were pretty good and improved over the year immensely in this area I still thought a couple other sides have conceded less scores? As I said I don't know the metrics being used, I'm sure you could make lots of sides come in at higher than they are by marking it a certain way. Still I like the look of the graphic so figured I'd throw it up.

Interesting little graphic on the AFL site during one of the videos....
View attachment 419914
No idea what metrics they are using to judge defence as being #1 as while we were pretty good and improved over the year immensely in this area I still thought a couple other sides have conceded less scores? As I said I don't know the metrics being used, I'm sure you could make lots of sides come in at higher than they are by marking it a certain way. Still I like the look of the graphic so figured I'd throw it up.

It might be scores by forwards?

Crows back 6 might not get goals kicked on them, perhaps it is the opponents midfield?

Not sure because you are right, they are not coneding the least amount of points.

Side note? Maybe this could be for the finals only?

It might be scores by forwards?

Crows back 6 might not get goals kicked on them, perhaps it is the opponents midfield?

Not sure because you are right, they are not coneding the least amount of points.

Side note? Maybe this could be for the finals only?
Yeah I considered for finals but they said over the season so I guess its all inclusive but you could be right about the actual defenders and goals kicked by them as Adelaide do have some very strong negative backs like Brown & Talia. Could also be based I guess off offensive forward 50 entries and scores from them or restricting the number of entries.

Last edited:
That Sydney game was a wet game. Wouldn't exactly say you've smashed sides in the wet.

Then again you obliterated Port in the showdown.

Hope it's a bright sunny beautiful day though anyway!
Fremantle by 100 in the wet. Port by 84 in the wet. Bulldogs by 59 in the wet. I think the St Kilda game was wet in parts. That was 57 points. Melbourne in Darwin wasn't raining, but conditions were wet due to perspiration. That was 46 points.

The Sydney game was dry in comparison to most of those. Can't expect to win all of them convincingly, but I think that's a fair catalogue from 1 season.

Crows are the best team all year. A dominant display against Geelong at Adelaide Oval on Friday night, belting them by 10 goals. They're above everyone else in the competition and are deserving Premiership favourites.

My tip for the flag
Crows by 34 points

First Goal
Eddie Betts

Most possessions
Matt Crouch (32)

Norm Smith
Charlie Cameron

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fremantle by 100 in the wet. Port by 84 in the wet. Bulldogs by 59 in the wet. I think the St Kilda game was wet in parts. That was 57 points. Melbourne in Darwin wasn't raining, but conditions were wet due to perspiration. That was 46 points.

The Sydney game was dry in comparison to most of those. Can't expect to win all of them convincingly, but I think that's a fair catalogue from 1 season.
I'll take your word for it mate. Hopefully it's not wet anyway. All the best.

I'll take your word for it mate. Hopefully it's not wet anyway. All the best.
In fairness he's right but there's a fair difference between playing real contenders that apply serious pressure hence how we took longer to get going against the Swans in the wet so if asked whether I want it dry or wet? I'd say dry though the wet holds no fear as we are capable of pressuring sides quite hard too.

Crows are playing better footy than the start of the year too.
We are miles ahead of the next best individual team (Sydney) and team of best individuals (GWS). Richmond's window opened this week and will shut promptly one week later.

They are no chance next year. Will not finish top 4.

Please cut this shit out. Seriously. Get some humility FFS.

It's mind games you numpty. Hand in your (probably non existent) membership
Mind games? Because what we post on here makes a difference to our sides? It's just being an idiot and embarrassing to be associated with this tripe. From what I've seen most Tigers and Crows fans have been quite respectful of each others sides without being morons which is actually pretty rare on bigfooty. Just because some people analyse and try view things more objectively doesn't make them any less passionate supporters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back