List Mgmt. 2017 Draft Discussion (cont in Pt 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's true that cerra is wanting to stay in Melbourne with his family I think there's a decent chance he falls to us.

If the rayner to Brisbane is true then I can easily see the too 4 being
Rayner
Ldu
Dow
Brayshaw

Carlton could go cerra at 3 but I hope not.

At 5 freo is difficult naughton has apparently told them he wants Collingwood so do they take the local boy who doesn't want to be there. Cerra who wants to stay in Melbourne. Hopefully they go for fogarty sell that he will be the next Pav as they're the same height.

Collingwood at 6 well they need talls so naughton, who wants to play there is a must pick. Leaving cerra and coffield to us. Clark and bonar would be nice but getting those two would easily make us win the draft.

What’s the view on Coffield’s contested work? I seem to get the feeling it’s ok (which is fine, he has other attributes). But is it a bit poor? Lot of chat lately about the consistent trait of draft flops being that lack of contested game.
Yeah it's not meant to be great.

He looks like an extremely driven & strong character that has faced & overcome adversity unlike many of his fellow draftees. Seems a bit cheeky, not arrogant imo. I can’t understand the Petracca comparison one bit tbh. Weird.
You are Petracca.

My guess is we have renewed our interest in Fogarty due to the murmurs or all the top mids being taken after thinking we would get Brayshaw. Just a feeling as it seems odd to travel over after (apparently) being cold on him.
Or it’s smoke & mirrors to make the Pies take him so we grab Coffield next Pick ;)

All I see is a bust where people always talk about his potential but he never actually does anything on the field.
And after hearing him talk, it only made me less enthused to draft him.

I think his highlights show his potential easily. His speed gets him into space, his strength allows him to tackle hard and his leap allows him to take great grabs in the forward line. He hasn’t completely dominated a game this year but that is because he’s been eased back into it.

To show that much despite what he’s been through shows both talent and character.

What’s the view on Coffield’s contested work? I seem to get the feeling it’s ok (which is fine, he has other attributes). But is it a bit poor? Lot of chat lately about the consistent trait of draft flops being that lack of contested game.

Average to poor
For the Knights he went at 34.68%
VM 34.48%

The magic number is above 30%, under that & you are heading to flop city (Toumpas, Cale Morton, Aish - all were around 20-25%).

I think his highlights show his potential easily. His speed gets him into space, his strength allows him to tackle hard and his leap allows him to take great grabs in the forward line. He hasn’t completely dominated a game this year but that is because he’s been eased back into it.

To show that much despite what he’s been through shows both talent and character.
Bloody oath. Simple logic would suggest that if we (and to a lesser extent Collingwood) are giving him serious consideration at picks like 6, 7 and 8, we'd have to see him as being in probably the top 2 or 3 at worst in the draft from a talent/attributes/ceiling/potential POV, otherwise there's no way in hell those teams would be considering him at those picks, off the back of two ACL's and minimal dominant form on his brief return since!

To be any chance of going at those types of picks, they'd have to rate his talent and ceiling way bloody high.

This is why I find it weird that anyone would melt if we get him. I can understand why they would have their hearts in their mouths, but otherwise I don't see why they wouldn't be bloody excited to see if this guy who's talent we clearly rate through the roof fulfills his potential for us, and ends up the guy we clearly think he can be.

Last edited:
Average to poor
For the Knights he went at 34.68%
VM 34.48%

The magic number is above 30%, under that & you are heading to flop city (Toumpas, Cale Morton, Aish - all were around 20-25%).
Probably a good indication is find out what games he played midfield then look at the contested side to his game. A lot of games he was the mop up man

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He looks like an extremely driven & strong character that has faced & overcome adversity unlike many of his fellow draftees. Seems a bit cheeky, not arrogant imo. I can’t understand the Petracca comparison one bit tbh. Weird.

Agreed.

Look at the best players in the comp. Most have what could be percieved as "arrogance".

Fyfe, Dangerfield, Buddy, Roo, Judd, Ablett, SMitchell, Aker, Voss, Hird etc etc etc

You need that self-belief to be truly exceptional imo, and everyone displays that differently!

DFog at 4....wow. That’d be a massive mistake by lolnorf imo. CT is pretty good at nailing these predictions so looks more likely than not.

Predictions for 7/8 are far more difficult to make than the first 3-4. But Clark & Coffield look good fits...but hope we get a Bonar!
Mistake?

I truly believe DFog will be a Mundy-like clone. Beast

I want Cerra for the footy chant...

Que Cerra Cerra
Whatever will be will be
We're off to the mcg
To win us the cup!

Had some good ones going for milney and rooey in the past courtesy of a bunch of pommy coworkers i converted to saints. Would be awesome to get a full crowd chant going on them!

Milney (after the fractured cheek) to the tune of gold by spandeau ballet...

Stephen Milne milne
We always believe in your goals
You're indestructible
Always believe in...

And for rooey (to the tune of i need you baby)...

Nicky Riewoldt you are the love of my life
Nicky Riewoldt I'd let you sleep with my wife
Nicky Riewoldt i want to be just like you (sometimes substituted with i want a blonde mullet too)...

Agreed.

Look at the best players in the comp. Most have what could be percieved as "arrogance".

Fyfe, Dangerfield, Buddy, Roo, Judd, Ablett, SMitchell, Aker, Voss, Hird etc etc etc

You need that self-belief to be truly exceptional imo, and everyone displays that differently!
I think "swagger" is the word we're looking for ;)

Daniel Cherny from the age

A LOT of #afldraft whispers doing the rounds today. Adam Cerra to Freo at two has been bandied about, as has Fogarty to North at 4 and Richards to Collingwood at 6. The latter two especially would thrill St Kilda given they want midfielders at 7 and 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back