Review 2017 Free Agency & Trade Period

What type of player do we need most? (Whether mature or rookie age)

• A tall forward

Votes: 103 57.9%
  • An inside midfielder

Votes: 44 24.7%
  • An outside midfielder

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • A half back

Votes: 15 8.4%
  • A small forward

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • A ruckman

Votes: 5 2.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

well obviously, he's only 21

I think he is a touch overrated but guys with his pace and footskills are a rare commodity, certainly at Freo anyway

Yeah without coming across all Bradey, people see him striding out fast from the back line and watch him turn the ball over and then comment like it never happened

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The homesickness thing is utter bullshit, he moved to the GC when he was 15 and spent a little under 3 years there lol

carn
Yeah you don't just throw up a contract like that in 24 hours...been going on for a while...so probably not about Freo's 4 year offer ...just simply GCS too good to refuse (Freo could'nt match it). If all true then it will be their pick 2.

Yeah without coming across all Bradey, people see him striding out fast from the back line and watch him turn the ball over and then comment like it never happened

Beautiful player......Judd like....too good and quick for those around him with those swift handpasses.....think we will need more than 2 actually......pick 2 and 20

If they are willing to pay those $$$ surely pick 2 isn't unrealistic.
I would imagine given his looks there might be some AFL funded marketing $$$ in there.

I reckon , GCS need a new marque player (and Lachie fit the bill pretty well) now that Ablett is going. Gold Coast is the best spot for Lachie, they need some local content badly.

I reckon , GCS need a new marque player (and Lachie fit the bill pretty well) now that Ablett is going. Gold Coast is the best spot for Lachie, they need some local content badly.

If we come out of this with a nice haul then thank you AFL.

I wonder what Freo paid for Wilson now ? 4 years 750k plus subsidiary of Alcock home near Cockburn facilities.

The homesickness thing is utter bullshit, he moved to the GC when he was 15 and spent a little under 3 years there lol

carn
He's lived in Perth longer than he lived on the GC. Lol "homesick". I'd be happy just for him to make a statement that he "want$ to move to the Gold Coa$t becau$e rea$$$ons".

It's kinda funny seeing the GWS fan have a go at us now because one of our players wants to go home "homesick". No one here is saying we should hold him to his contract. Everyone's just disappointed he wants to leave, but wants us to get fair value.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Hill brothers were turnover merchants too this year. The only player I was confident with was Luke Ryan. We're not exactly known for our open game style.

I'd much rather peanuts than Conca.
edit: as in pine nuts :)

you could have both. Conca and peanuts, their better than conca nuts
It's kinda funny seeing the GWS fan have a go at us now because one of our players wants to go home "homesick". No one here is saying we should hold him to his contract. Everyone's just disappointed he wants to leave, but wants us to get fair value.

okay I concede...we will give a little.....just pick 2 will be fine.:rainbow::)

If they've offered $4m over 5 years and we receive the requisite trade value, we're on for pick 2 folks - minimum.

That would provide a win for us given that they've over valued Weller imo.

Nat Fyfe 6 years @ $6.5m

Lachie Weller 5 years @ $4m

Gold Coast must be printing their own cash. I hope Lachie enjoys the lifestyle because he surely isn't going to play in a premiership team.

Yeh its funny isn't it. We will trade weller for the right price and are open to facilitating a deal. On the other hand GWS 2 years ago got offered 2 first rounders (massive overs) and still held a player begging to go home. Biggest entitled w***ers in the league.

The Hill brothers were turnover merchants too this year. The only player I was confident with was Luke Ryan. We're not exactly known for our open game style.

I absolutely love Ryan, but its not that fair to compare the disposal efficiency of a half back man getting a lot of ball under no pressure to wingers/inside mids delivering at pace into F50 or disposing under the most heat there is in the game.

carn
His lady friend I think has her prints all over this one. That and if the $ are true I don't begrudge Lachie the move at all. Deal is WAY too good to knock back so good luck to him.

We will get fairly compensated and move on.

Mayb gold coast culd do a deal with stkilda involved pick 2 for 7+8 pick 8 and one of their second rounders to freo

St Kilda get pick 2
Gold Coast get pick 7 + Weller
Freo get pick 8 + 2nd rounder
Freo trade 2nd rounder for Wilson and pick 5 + 8 for hogan(my dream)

This would leave all our 2018 picks there for wat is meant to be a good draft .

Remove this Banner Ad

Review 2017 Free Agency & Trade Period

Back