Review 2017 Free Agency & Trade Period

What type of player do we need most? (Whether mature or rookie age)

• A tall forward

Votes: 103 57.9%
  • An inside midfielder

Votes: 44 24.7%
  • An outside midfielder

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • A half back

Votes: 15 8.4%
  • A small forward

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • A ruckman

Votes: 5 2.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

GWS List Manager playing silly buggers saying on trade radio they want a top 20 pick for a player who finished 14th in their B&F, needs out due to personal reasons and has already bought a house near our new training facility. Really hope we don't have to deal with these ***** again over the next few years.

Connors said it will get done without Freo acquiring that pick. Lloyd and Cornes saying it will get done for a future 2nd, possibly today.
The GWS recruiting team remind me of cops in the earlier years of their careers - by desperately trying to prove your worth you turn into a power hungry narcissistic idiot.

The GWS recruiting team remind me of cops in the earlier years of their careers - by desperately trying to prove your worth you turn into a power hungry narcissistic idiot.

Does not explain their strange and unchallenged relationship with the Blues where they happily give away endless players for the value of a bag of chips.

Dustin Martin had a heap of off field issues and just 4 years ago tried to leave the Tigers but no one wanted him.

Stringer is a very, very good player.

Have they named the Richmond player yet behind the photo saga .... Would be a difficult time and adjustment the next year or so if Jake was to leave and go to a club out of Vic. How he's going in patching things up with his Mrs etc or not. Be a hard call to get him.

Here is the entire trading history between the two clubs:

2011 - No trades (GWS traded with: Richmond, Collingwood, Gold Coast, St Kilda, Fremantle, Adelaide, Hawthorn, Port Adelaide, Brisbane)

2012 - No trades (GWS traded with: Gold Coast, St Kilda, Melbourne, Port Adelaide, Hawthorn)

2013 - No trades (GWS traded with: Melbourne, Sydney, Essendon, Collingwood, Port Adelaide, Brisbane, Geelong, Western Bulldogs)

2014 - (GWS traded with: Hawthorn, Brisbane, Carlton, Western Bulldogs, Essendon, Melbourne)
Carlton pick #7 for Jaksch (#12 draft pick two years earlier), Whiley & GWS pick #19
[Values Jaksch and Whiley as pick #28]
Stephen Silvani takes up position as List manager at Carlton at end of year.

2015 - (GWS traded with: Adelaide, Richmond, Geelong, Carlton, Melbourne, Hawthorn, Collingwood)
Carlton pick #28, #77, #95 & Geelong 2016 1st Round for Lamb, Phillips, Plowman (#3 draft pick from two years earlier) & pick #8
[Values Lamb, Phillips and Plowman as worth minus 151 points]

2016 - (GWS traded with: Fremantle, Brisbane, St Kilda, North Melbourne, Sydney, Melbourne, Essendon, Collingwood, Richmond, Carlton)
Carlton pick #45, #58 & Geelong 2017 1st Round for Marchbank (#6 draft pick from two years earlier), Pickett (#4 draft pick from two years earlier), 2017 2nd round pick from GWS
[Values Marchbank and Picket as worth pick #15].

The only club who hasn't traded with GWS is West Coast

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon a 13 pick downgrade in this year's draft, plus a one round upgrade in next year's draft, in return for Smith is close to unders. GWS badly wanted a top end draft pick this year though.
I don't rate Smith that highly, & a 13 pick downgrade that early is different to one past pick 40 etc

How many of you of read the entire article.

It was pretty balanced. He also said get rid of D Pearce :)

I am also a fan of Aliir.

CRYSTAL BALL

It wouldn’t surprise me to see Fremantle knocking on the door of the top eight in 2018, but a lot will depend on it having a healthy list with Fyfe and Sandilands leading the way, McCarthy and Kersten becoming consistent performers and Hamling developing further into his defensive role.

If the club can move on more of those experienced players — and I back the decision to move on back-up ruckmen Clarke and Griffin — like Pearce and Suban and bring in some talented youngsters via the draft and watch them develop, I expect them to be in the mix to play finals for the next two to three years.
getting rid of Pearce is neither here nor there. He is under contract for next year and we hardly need the list spot, which would be a pick around 80. He can play a developmental role at Peel.

This comment is only worth making if he is also giving insight into the depth of the draft which he is not.

I don't rate Smith that highly, & a 13 pick downgrade that early is different to one past pick 40 etc

Smiths best footy might be in the midfield, which is where Essendon want to play him

Will be interesting to see how he fares

If they manage to nab Stringer on the cheap they will be banging on the door of the 8 for sure

getting rid of Pearce is neither here nor there. He is under contract for next year and we hardly need the list spot, which would be a pick around 80. He can play a developmental role at Peel.

This comment is only worth making if he is also giving insight into the depth of the draft which he is not.

The comment is made in regards to the C graders on our list, and that won't help us win a premiership. At least if you go to the draft you have a chance to get an A or a B grader.

Michael Gleeson reports that Fremantle's Lachie Weller has asked to be traded home to the Gold Coast.

The Dockers, Suns and GWS Giants are now exploring options for a three way exchange that would also see Giants running defender Nathan Wilson move to the Dockers.

Freo and GWS had struck some difficulties in finalising a direct trade for Wilson to move back to WA and Weller has emerged as a player able to help make that move happen.

The Suns have suggested trading a second round pick to the Giants for the young onballer. That pick would go straight to GWS with Wilson moving to Freo.

Yeah I suppose extra list space next year won't be a bad thing if the draft really is "super".

The difficulty for us will be having the picks to fill the gaps.

I'd be asking Melbourne for their future third for Balic

Michael Gleeson reports that Fremantle's Lachie Weller has asked to be traded home to the Gold Coast.

The Dockers, Suns and GWS Giants are now exploring options for a three way exchange that would also see Giants running defender Nathan Wilson move to the Dockers.

Freo and GWS had struck some difficulties in finalising a direct trade for Wilson to move back to WA and Weller has emerged as a player able to help make that move happen.

The Suns have suggested trading a second round pick to the Giants for the young onballer. That pick would go straight to GWS with Wilson moving to Freo.

What what what

MICHAEL F***EN GLEESON IS A FILTHY LIAR!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Review 2017 Free Agency & Trade Period

Back