List Mgmt. 2017 Free Agency & Trading - Part 2 (Take Gibbs talk to the Gibbs thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes maybe Dangerfield was giving away something Re: Motlop more so than having a dig. I think he's got a bit of a sense of humour that doesn't always come off the way he intends.

I'd also be asking questions about Viney as well, that's the type of player I would love to have in our midfield.

Most probably no chance of getting him, but he is someone that I would be getting in the ear of to see if he'd be interested to come to SA.

And we do have a history of trying to get him and his Dad coached here for a time. Package deal?

Did you hear his manager yesterday?
I did and this is where you find out who the good managers are, and who aren't.

Players like Petracca have a unique talent and opportunity, so they need to ask themselves (with the guidance of their manager) - do they want to be the best AFL player they can be, and achieve the most success possible, over their 5-15 year career?

Or do they want to be around family?

I have more respect for players who leave for money. At least they're honest and have purpose.

Players who pick a club for family? Pfft - wasters. If I hear a player over the trade period pick a club to go to because of family, I think I'll throw up - to quote the List Manager.

I have a little theory that this is why Collingwood, Carlton, Melbourne, etc havent been successful. Look at Collingwood. Treloar is a good player, but wanted to play in Vic and picked Collingwood. He's happy now.

Kochie was right. You don't want players living their dream playing AFL. Timing incredibly wrong. Comments spot on.

If Kochie was Chairman of Collingwood, Treloar is the sort player he'd be talking about. At Melbourne, would be Watts. I guess throw Petracca into that mix.

Fringe? 22 years old, played 16 games this year, despite a 4 week hamstring and a couple suspensions. Rarely misses a target.
His value alone is equal to 1st round pick.
Spot on, Salem is equivalent to at least a mid-late 1st round pick in this draft, ranked 2nd in the AFL for kicking efficiency alone (let that sink in]. A proven AFL quality player. There is some serious overrating of our players and some serious underrating of opposition players on this board all the time.

Spot on, Salem is equivalent to at least a mid-late 1st round pick in this draft, ranked 2nd in the AFL for kicking efficiency alone (let that sink in]. A proven AFL quality player. There is some serious overrating of our players and some serious underrating of opposition players on this board all the time.
Kicking efficiency by itself isn't a great guide. It could just mean that he always takes the safe 15m kick option.

The real measure is where they compare a player's kicking efficiency to what the expected kicking efficiency would be for a kick.

That give a much better measure of how good a kick someone is as it takes into account the level of difficulty of the kick attempted.

Kicking efficiency by itself isn't a great guide. It could just mean that he always takes the safe 15m kick option.

The real measure is where they compare a player's kicking efficiency to what the expected kicking efficiency would be for a kick.

That give a much better measure of how good a kick someone is as it takes into account the level of difficulty of the kick attempted.
Seriously, why comment if you've never really closely watched Salem play, because by your comments it's clear you haven't. He's almost as penetrating with his disposal as Brodie Smith but on another level with accuracy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've read multiple reports that we're not interested in Rockliff.

I'm not sure there are really any other FA mids available though.

Just had a look at the list, a whole lot of SFA available really.

Plenty of respected posters here have claimed were definitely not into Rockliff due to how he'd fit. If this were true, could it have changed with Smiths injury and perhaps we're looking to play Sloane more on the outside to cover. There was talk early as well that Rockliff was our back up for Gibbs. I think our club has also been known to throw a few "mistruths" out there to muddy the water on what's actually going on behind the scenes.

Personally I don't mind the idea of going after Rockliff. Whilst our 1st 22 doesn't necessarily need him, we're light on for inside mids and look shaky as soon as one of Sloane, Crouch x2 or Greenwood go down and we end up replacing them with a runner.

Anyway, rumours probably bogus, or it's Jack Trengove as a senior SANFL player or something (although I'd prefer rookie list).

You really think you can watch a handful of Adelaide SANFL games on TV and have an informed view on his kicking skills?

View attachment 417914
I'm more concerned about what I saw in the JLT games at the start of the season. To put it bluntly, he shat the bed every time he got the ball - whether he was under pressure or not.

Just had a look at the list, a whole lot of SFA available really.

Plenty of respected posters here have claimed were definitely not into Rockliff due to how he'd fit. If this were true, could it have changed with Smiths injury and perhaps we're looking to play Sloane more on the outside to cover. There was talk early as well that Rockliff was our back up for Gibbs. I think our club has also been known to throw a few "mistruths" out there to muddy the water on what's actually going on behind the scenes.

Personally I don't mind the idea of going after Rockliff. Whilst our 1st 22 doesn't necessarily need him, we're light on for inside mids and look shaky as soon as one of Sloane, Crouch x2 or Greenwood go down and we end up replacing them with a runner.

Anyway, rumours probably bogus, or it's Jack Trengove as a senior SANFL player or something (although I'd prefer rookie list).
Anthony Miles is an AFL standard inside midfielder reportedly looking for more opportunities apparently been told by Richmond he's being passed over at selection because they want more "utility" mids that can play other roles, Move him to the inside and move Brad to a more inside/outside role where he can utilise his excellent acceleration and breakaway speed more?

The most enticing thing about Rockliff is that barring a BRL offer match, he'd be free in terms of trade currency. I don't believe all the talk about our salary cap being close to full for one second.

The downside of bringing in Rocky would be that we'd further raise SOS' ire and would make him raise Gibbs' price again.

Anthony Miles is an AFL standard inside midfielder reportedly looking for more opportunities apparently been told by Richmond he's being passed over at selection because they want more "utility" mids that can play other roles, Move him to the inside and move Brad to a more inside/outside role where he can utilise his excellent acceleration and breakaway speed more?

Wouldn't we be after Rockliff then if that's the case? I would have thought we'd be in a similar boat to Richmond in terms of looking for more versatility.

Wouldn't we be after Rockliff then if that's the case? I would have thought we'd be in a similar boat to Richmond in terms of looking for more versatility.
Except he'd come conservative 4 - $500K cheaper with our salary cap because I'm not with the group think on this board that our midfield is that far off the mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back