List Mgmt. 2017 GC Draft/Trade Thread/FA - National Draft Pick 19

Remove this Banner Ad

please can everyone stop saying this?

if we genuinely want a culture shift it includes us as fans as well. everyone - literally everyone - needs to be pulling in the same direction to win a flag.

let's use Dew's appointment as catalyst for true change.

there's absolutely no reason we won't be competitive next year. we'll surprise a few.
Not into development years

Weller, Young, Swallow, Lyons, Barlow, Witts, Hanley in 2 year period
6 of those (all except Swallow) are best 18 players. That's a third of the starting team.
Pretty good for 15th and 17th place finishing.
pretty good midfield stocks and depth there in:
Weller, Young, Swallow, Lyons, Barlow, Witts, Hanley, D Swallow, Fiorini, Brodie, and Rischitelli

pretty good midfield stocks and depth there in:
Weller, Young, Swallow, Lyons, Barlow, Witts, Hanley, D Swallow, Fiorini, Brodie, and Rischitelli
Just need someone to breakout into potential AA land
Dave Swallow injury free might
Weller Fiorini Brodie Ainsworth fingers crossed one of them makes the leap
All the others are solid B's from what I've seen
Lyons and by reports but not seen in a Suns jumper Hanley can be A on their day for sure

So now we know why Freo asked for pick 2 they are working overtime behind the scenes to get Jesse Hogan over the line this trade period

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 1st round picks is laughable not even in freo's best 10 for the year let alone close to AA. Mid to late 1st rounder is about right.
Value is roughly 13 - 18.

2 x 2nd round picks (21/24) and Matera is more than fair tbh. Honestly he's not even the type of player we actually need tbh, very outside. Averaged only 4 contested possessions. Huge upside though so I don't care if we pay a little overs but paying pick 2 would be a horrible outcome, even if it is a downgrade. Need to get LDU/Dow or Rayner. None of whom will be available at 5.

Have good history trading with Fremantle though and having taken so many 'homesick' WA kids recently can only hope they're reasonable here.

The freo thread is hammering a demand for pick 2. Saying we won't get anyone as good as weller in the draft it's too much of a gamble.

If that's the case I'd rather we drop the weller chase. LDU, Raynor, Cerra, or Dow, would be much better.

I just don't understand how other fans value thier players so highly. It isn't hard to look at logic when assessing a players value.

My opinion weller is worth a mid 1st round pick between 8-12. So points is 1550-1250.
Matera is worth mid 3Rd. Equivalent of say 350. So picks to the value of 1200-900. Which is between 13-21.

If we get geelongs 19 as Part of ablett deal. 19 + Matera is equal to pick 11.
If not 21 + Matera = pick 13.
Or picks 24,37 plus Matera is equal to pick 8.

Anymore than that is ridiculously overs and we should focus on other's.

The freo thread is hammering a demand for pick 2. Saying we won't get anyone as good as weller in the draft it's too much of a gamble.

If that's the case I'd rather we drop the weller chase. LDU, Raynor, Cerra, or Dow, would be much better.

I just don't understand how other fans value thier players so highly. It isn't hard to look at logic when assessing a players value.

My opinion weller is worth a mid 1st round pick between 8-12. So points is 1550-1250.
Matera is worth mid 3Rd. Equivalent of say 350. So picks to the value of 1200-900. Which is between 13-21.

If we get geelongs 19 as Part of ablett deal. 19 + Matera is equal to pick 11.
If not 21 + Matera = pick 13.
Or picks 24,37 plus Matera is equal to pick 8.

Anymore than that is ridiculously overs and we should focus on other's.
Then the delusion to get pissed that GWS won't bend over backwards and accept anything for McCarthy and Wilson.

Value is roughly 13 - 18.

2 x 2nd round picks (21/24) and Matera is more than fair tbh. Honestly he's not even the type of player we actually need tbh, very outside. Averaged only 4 contested possessions. Huge upside though so I don't care if we pay a little overs but paying pick 2 would be a horrible outcome, even if it is a downgrade. Need to get LDU/Dow or Rayner. None of whom will be available at 5.

Have good history trading with Fremantle though and having taken so many 'homesick' WA kids recently can only hope they're reasonable here.

I would do that. I'd probably even throw in 42 if it is 21 and 24 coming back our way.

I don't think the pick 2 is realistic - bluster as a starting point and the usual suspects hammering that. (Personally I actually don't even want to upgrade 5 to 2, I would prefer the extra 2nd given where we sit with picks)

Happy to give away Matera and a second rd pick for Weller.
Any more and forget it.
Wait till 2018 and get him for a mid-late second.

Still got Brodie Bowes Scheer Fiorini and Ainsworth plus LDU or Dow to give midfield time to next year.

Wait until next year - the price will be going down, not up

Swallow equals tackles too which will be a big part of Mr Dew's new game plan and a good bar to set in front of our fresh crop of midfield stars
Andrew would be very good for your culture and really help your younger kids at neafl level due to his experience, knowledge and defensive midfield attributes, namely tackling.

Contracted young players that a club wants to keep you have to pay overs. Freo don't care about the points value of our picks, they have no academy or father-son players to go for. Can't see it being done for a 2nd round pick no matter how many we offer up. And suns aren't going to trade the number 2 pick. Might have to get creative and trade up for a 1st round pick either this year or next year?!

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2017 GC Draft/Trade Thread/FA - National Draft Pick 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Back