List Mgmt. 2017 GC Draft/Trade Thread/FA - National Draft Pick 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Can I just say, Nernest , you must be the record holder for most deleted posts in their first month of bigfooty ever! You seem to delete more posts then you keep haha!

And as a mod, I get to see what they see after you delete them ;)
quality over quantity

Can I just say, Nernest , you must be the record holder for most deleted posts in their first month of bigfooty ever! You seem to delete more posts then you keep haha!

And as a mod, I get to see what they see after you delete them ;)
Haha. Need a bigger shoe for my mouth..
I tell you what, I should have left it up but I chose to take it down as It’s against what I believe, along with the public scrutiny, but I do feel that Clayton will do what he has to do to bring that boy in Tomorrow or Thursday.
Even if it means folding that 2nd pick up and trading it for 5. He would have his orders.
It sends a message to any other lads wanting to come to the Coast that we do what we have to do to get our players here if they nominate us. It’s Hawthorns strongest principle. Imagine 2nd year running where two players nominate and none make it here. Nobody would ever nominate us again. You watch, we will get our boy! And as our moderator said, he is ready to break out! Freo has groomed him superbly “Thanks guys” and we are going to cash in on that piggy bank!

Last edited:

If we give up pick 2 for a nice ( not elite) player we should just shut the doors

Frankly I would shut up shop talking to a Freo and wait until next year. In the meantime tell them any other player on our list wanting to return home to WA will receive the same pig headed treatment

I am unsure which group is dumber, them for asking for pick 2 or is if we even consider it

Interesting read.

Good luck with it all guys. I think Freo will want to trade, but will also want a big win. I guess it comes down to how much GC are willing to be bent over. No harm intended, just presenting my view.

I also don't think 2 will be the trade.

No idea how it will look. I'm hoping for something massive, but honestly, if we land Wilson with one of the picks and Matera AND get another reasonable pick? Well I'd think that's a big win and no one would've used firsts at all.

21, 24 and Matera? Yeah ok it's not bad. It's not 'OMG how bad are GC at trading.

I mean if Freo became super stubborn, maybe upgrade your future 2nd or 3rd with our future 3rd or 4th.

If Freo don't do that? Well they were never going to trade him.

If we give up pick 2 for a nice ( not elite) player we should just shut the doors

Frankly I would shut up shop talking to a Freo and wait until next year. In the meantime tell them any other player on our list wanting to return home to WA will receive the same pig headed treatment

I am unsure which group is dumber, them for asking for pick 2 or is if we even consider it

Interesting article in the bulletin today comparing his junior talent with Fyfe
Think the posturing will ease tomorrow and equitable deal gets done.
Wonderful for GC - think Weller will be very good- worth at least pick 13

I hope Geelong satisfy the suns quickly tomorrow and get this Ablett deal done
All parties need closure

we need to go hard and do what we can to sign all these guys who willingly want to play for us as they are in the right window, its also right that we picked up a shitload of future talent last year so the draft this year is NOT so crucial BUT pick 2 or a downgrade from that is simply not in the realm for Weller

we need to go hard and do what we can to sign all these guys who willingly want to play for us as they are in the right window, its also right that we picked up a shitload of future talent last year so the draft this year is NOT so crucial BUT pick 2 or a downgrade from that is simply not in the realm for Weller
Would honestly be more comfortable with something like 22 + 35 + Matera, and a swap of our 2018 first rounders. Could come back to bit us in the ass but I feel like Rayner or LDU are going to be marquee players for whoever takes them and the 'superdraft' talk I just think is going to end up being the biggest overhype.

Lachie Weller is an interesting one because he seems to have a lot of potential at 21 years old. He's played 45 consecutive AFL games (durability is a big plus for the Suns) and has steadily increased his average disposals per game from 10 in 2015 to 15 in 2016 and 20 in 2017. He averaged about 15 uncontested possessions per game this year vs. his 5 contested possessions a game. That probably tells you he played more of an outside role at Fremantle when he pushed into the midfield but I'm inclined to believe he wasn't given a huge amount of opportunity to play inside with guys like Fyfe, Neale and Mundy taking most of the inside playing time. So it would probably be unfair to say Lachie can't play inside purely because it doesn't appear he's been given much of a chance to do. He'll certainly get that opportunity at the Suns though. Oh, and he's quick which you could argue the Suns are sort of missing in their midfield.

Obviously it's a bit of a feel good story as well with his 'homecoming' sparking some good media attention for the club. He and Crossley will join the list of locals at the club (Bowes, Harbrow, Joyce, Scheer, Sexton, Spencer and Thompson) as they strives to build a list with a healthy contingent of Queenslanders present. Bailey Scott and Caleb Graham are likely to be drafted to the Suns next year as well so it's probably fair to suggest they'll have around 30% of the list hailing from QLD in the next 12-24 months. These guys are far less likely to leave so it's a good policy to implement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

don't mean this to be rude, but - show me one instance of him saying this somewhere?

player X's manager goes to the media during their players contract negotiations saying how badly the player wants to 'go home'.
I wonder what would make him stay?
You been listening to SEN Breakfast show ?
Because Sam McClure reported Tuesday morning that as of last Thursday Lachie Weller his manager and Brad Lloyd Freos list manager where sitting down talking about a contract extension.
so Lachie must of changed his mind over the weekend.
But then some media people are saying Lachie call Ross Lyon last Wednesday to say he wanted out.
Something's not adding up here

You been listening to SEN Breakfast show ?
Because Sam McClure reported Tuesday morning that as of last Thursday Lachie Weller his manager and Brad Lloyd Freos list manager where sitting down talking about a contract extension.
so Lachie must of changed his mind over the weekend.
But then some media people are saying Lachie call Ross Lyon last Wednesday to say he wanted out.
Something's not adding up here
nah haven't heard that one. interesting.

I think the true indicator will be matera. he's gone to freo 100%. so until that goes through by itself, I suppose there's a chance it's part of this bigger deal. if that makes sense.

Would honestly be more comfortable with something like 22 + 35 + Matera, and a swap of our 2018 first rounders. Could come back to bit us in the ass but I feel like Rayner or LDU are going to be marquee players for whoever takes them and the 'superdraft' talk I just think is going to end up being the biggest overhype.
ANY club who Swaps 2018 1st Round picks are F#@KING INCOMPETENT! And I think one had already. 2018 Draft is shaping up to be far better than 2001's SUPER DRAFT! Extreme Talent,Lots of it!

Would be a touch worried that one of our contracted WA boys might have had a think about their situation now that Weller has opened up a trade possibility with Freo.

Could imagine a player being happy at the Suns and not working to move, but open to a move back to WA now that Weller would be involved in a deal and not more picks. They would know that the last thing the Suns need is more effing picks.

Am I a worrier or a rational thinker?

Would be a touch worried that one of our contracted WA boys might have had a think about their situation now that Weller has opened up a trade possibility with Freo.

Could imagine a player being happy at the Suns and not working to move, but open to a move back to WA now that Weller would be involved in a deal and not more picks. They would know that the last thing the Suns need is more effing picks.

Am I a worrier or a rational thinker?
Hopefully a worrier! Not worth losing Martin over. I dont believe there is any value to this rumour, surely would of been leaked by multiple sources by now

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2017 GC Draft/Trade Thread/FA - National Draft Pick 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Back