List Mgmt. 2017 GC Draft/Trade Thread/FA - National Draft Pick 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Word around clubland is Crossley will be drafted , Bowie they rate highly , Dawson a chance , Davidson a chance, Nutting a chance.

Besides Crossley are you saying that the others could be taken in the national or rookie draft?

Although disappointed in the cold light of day we have to support the club financially with a membership even when we don't agree with what they have done.
I disagree. The Suns were built on community support and representing exactly what the Gold Coast community want. The GC sporting climate is a rough one, and the club knows that. If they make questionable decisions, membership numbers should, and deserve to, drop.

My hard earned money is going towards their continued mismanagement and I honestly can’t justify it. Clubs shouldn’t expect fans to be members. While I’ll remain a fan, I’m not remaining a member next year. Clubs need to prove to fans why they should be members, and at the moment, the Suns have proved they’re an absolute joke and an insult to the Gold Coast community.

I disagree. The Suns were built on community support and representing exactly what the Gold Coast community want. The GC sporting climate is a rough one, and the club knows that. If they make questionable decisions, membership numbers should, and deserve to, drop.

My hard earned money is going towards their continued mismanagement and I honestly can’t justify it. Clubs shouldn’t expect fans to be members. While I’ll remain a fan, I’m not remaining a member next year. Clubs need to prove to fans why they should be members, and at the moment, the Suns have proved they’re an absolute joke and an insult to the Gold Coast community.

Every man (or woman DWD) needs to do what is in their heart to do.

I respect what you say and I'm glad your still a passionate fan of the Suns.

The landscape has changed due to free agency and players suddenly becoming homesick.
Brisbane have specifically targeted Vic country kids due to the go home factor.
Adelaide and Freo have both now lost gun kids to the same issue. Unless the AFL address it then interstate clubs will overlook the best kid for the best fit.
We paid overs with a pick, but what happens if he goes to another level next year or Freo improve dramatically? His price tag goes through the roof? The PSD is dead and we’d still have to give up plenty to get him.
Evans needed a local kid wanting to get back and he got one. Get the deal done, get Crossley and upgrade Spencer. After Bowes and Scheer last year we have 1/4 of our future team being Qld kids.
I’m a critic of Clayton more for his earlier list management than recently. But his papers are marked going by yesterday. He may as well have been a cardboard cut out.

The landscape has changed due to free agency and players suddenly becoming homesick.
Brisbane have specifically targeted Vic country kids due to the go home factor.
Adelaide and Freo have both now lost gun kids to the same issue. Unless the AFL address it then interstate clubs will overlook the best kid for the best fit.
We paid overs with a pick, but what happens if he goes to another level next year or Freo improve dramatically? His price tag goes through the roof? The PSD is dead and we’d still have to give up plenty to get him.
Evans needed a local kid wanting to get back and he got one. Get the deal done, get Crossley and upgrade Spencer. After Bowes and Scheer last year we have 1/4 of our future team being Qld kids.
I’m a critic of Clayton more for his earlier list management than recently. But his papers are marked going by yesterday. He may as well have been a cardboard cut out.
Clayton didn’t look happy at all when he was lodging the paperwork. Looked completely defeated.

I actually don’t blame Clayton for the results this trade period

Saad we said we would get home and did

Weller Evans promised we would get him (Clayton’s hands tied) he was hung out to dry

Wigg and young are good pick ups

Ablett return was reasonable

If you take out him being hamstrung on the Weller deal it is a decent trade period

I just hope the anger burns in his gut to make Freo pay in return.
Iva your assessment today is spot on

Don't forget Claytons best/worst work comes in picking up mature age and unearthed stars with lower picks which is yet to unfold so lets see what his whole plan is

Remember Touk and Saad came from that strategy

By the way Iva let me be the first to ask R U OK?

Thanks for the love and support guys and girls. I am struggling but knowing people have your back is very humbling and very much needed at the moment.

Much love back to all of you, well most of you ;) :thumbsu::thumbsu:

I don't think there's any doubt. Evans promised Lach he'd get him to GC. Once that was done Clayton didn't have much choice.
This is what I have asked in my letter to Evans, I hope there is a bigger picture in play as otherwise he did exactly what he was bought up here to stop Cochrane doing.

I wonder if I will get a reply or just added to the crackpot file, don’t answer that :)

Throw Nutting in the mix as well

Except for Crossley the rest should only be rookie listed but we should load up our rookie list with as many Suns Academy players as possible (unless Clayton has a Saad like gun in mind that doesn't have a problem with moving to GC)

I actually rate Connor Nutting highly. Been saying it all year. He was a good soldier in our NEAFL team this season.

And if we get him, someone better change their username to 'Nutting2Swallow'

I actually rate Connor Nutting highly. Been saying it all year. He was a good soldier in our NEAFL team this season.

tumblr_ne2xgj19sh1rnhnqfo1_500.gif

Maybe this was Evans test for Clayton - clean up my mess, get Weller and keep pick 2 - if you can do that you can keep your job, if not...

Letting Weller say what he said on Trade Radio was equally as bad as the club saying it would trade Bennell. Freo the beneficiaries of both counts.

If I was Clayton I would be shaking my head today and saying "Why can't this club stop ****ing my shit up and just let me do my job"

How Weller ended up on trade radio will be one of the great AFL mysteries
Like putting a new member of parliament up against PJ Keating at his peak
Was always going to end badly
Like them or loathe them guys like Barrett et al are professional journalists that smell weakness like a shark smells blood in the water

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How Weller ended up on trade radio will be one of the great AFL mysteries
Like putting a new member of parliament up against PJ Keating at his peak
Was always going to end badly
Like them or loathe them guys like Barrett et al are professional journalists that smell weakness like a shark smells blood in the water
I kinda like the transparency? I think we would've had to pay pick 2 regardless...

That sir is quality

Just listened to the brad Lloyd (freo list manager) interview from trade radio yesterday.
He made a specific comment of congratulating the afl and gold Coast. In relation to the Lachie weller deal. Might be a conspiracy theory but I wonder how high the order came to get weller at any cost?

The new start didn't last long :(

Awww, I’m sorry have a hug. I’m with you on this one to be honest. I think we did okay looking at the overall picture.

Just listened to the brad Lloyd (freo list manager) interview from trade radio yesterday.
He made a specific comment of congratulating the afl and gold Coast. In relation to the Lachie weller deal. Might be a conspiracy theory but I wonder how high the order came to get weller at any cost?
Can only be redeemed by a surprise start of first round compo pick for us

Sam McClure reported on Sen Breakfast this morning that Lachie Weller's deal with the Suns is 2.5 million over 5 years + half a million from the afl (additional service agreement like Ablett)

So 3 million over 5 years
But only 2.5 million go in our salary cap.

So Weller really only on 500k a year I'd say that a great deal

Last edited:
Yep great deal of true. If he comes good he will be worth alot more than that especially because that's through his prime years.

Who do people think we will take at 19? I don't keep a close eye on it at all so no idea. Would like to think we would bolster our midfield stocks up

Sam McClure reported on Sen Breakfast this morning that Lachie Weller's deal with the Suns is 2.5 million over 5 years + half a million from the afl (additional service agreement like Ablett)

So 3 million over 5 years
But only 2.5 million go in our salary cap.

So Weller really only on 500k a year I'd say that a great deal
So we have signed he up till the age of 27 for a bit over the average wage , thats not bad .

Yep great deal of true. If he comes good he will be worth alot more than that especially because that's through his prime years.

Who do people think we will take at 19? I don't keep a close eye on it at all so no idea. Would like to think we would bolster our midfield stocks up
Worpel Worpel Worpel!!

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2017 GC Draft/Trade Thread/FA - National Draft Pick 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Back