List Mgmt. 2017 GC Draft/Trade Thread/FA - National Draft Pick 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Why the name change DWD?
just wanted to support the young lad Weller and do my bit to try and help change or fortunes and culture from the ground up.

he's 21 and already the fan base have turned on him and lumped all this pressure on him - all because he wants to be here! just trying to turn the tide cuz I think we should all embrace and support him.

I'm real nice to switched on people who are transparent. calling out things you disagree with provides good discussion. you are my second favourite poster, I'm sad that you don't like my effortlessly charismatic style :(

It’s only temporary WOD. You and experimental will be on a similar wavelength soon enough.
Couple of very unique characters.

I'm real nice to switched on people who are transparent. calling out things you disagree with provides good discussion. you are my second favourite poster, I'm sad that you don't like my effortlessly charismatic style :(
Hahaha I think we’ve swapped outlooks on life - I’ve adopted your pessimistic cynicism

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How Weller ended up on trade radio will be one of the great AFL mysteries
Like putting a new member of parliament up against PJ Keating at his peak
Was always going to end badly
Like them or loathe them guys like Barrett et al are professional journalists that smell weakness like a shark smells blood in the water
The selective editing of the entire conversation didn’t help our cause either.

I spoke to a footy dept employee and maybe he was towing the company line but he was saying the club was happy to get Weller and that the drafting last year and next year means that there is enough 1st round talent in the club.

Getting slightly older players in more important

Intercepting backs
Kolojashnij McKenzie Scrimshaw Hanley

KPD
May Leslie Thompson

Small Defenders
Harbrow Joyce Willis

Contested mids
Swallow Brodie Lyons Miller Rischitelli Lonergan Scheer DMac

Balanced mids
Weller Martin Barlow Bowes Fiorini

Outside mids
Rosa, Shaw, Schoenfield

Small forwards
Ainsworth, Hall, Ah Chee, Young, Sexton, Lemmens

Key forwards
Lynch Wright Day

Rucks
Witts Currie Nichols Crossley

With pick 19 I would like to see a quick outside mid with a nice kick OR looking at some draft boards there are some good swingman around that mark.

You could make an argument that all our fwds are fwd/mid so a genuine small fwd like Liam Ryan with a pick in the 50s and Crossley.

I spoke to a footy dept employee and maybe he was towing the company line but he was saying the club was happy to get Weller and that the drafting last year and next year means that there is enough 1st round talent in the club.

That’s the line I got from the club too today

Such a horrible excuse

So if Weller was a GC academy player how did Freo draft him in the first place?
Was in Suns Academy for around 3 years. Didn't meet the 5 year minimum zone residency requirement so had to go into the general draft.
Suns likely intended to draft him with their 2nd pick 15 in that year ( took 2MP with 1st pick 8) Fremantle jumped in and nabbed him at pick 13 .

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2017 GC Draft/Trade Thread/FA - National Draft Pick 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Back