2017 Non Crows AFL Discussion Thread - Part IV A New Hope

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol Port supporters saying how we'll have a meltdown that sauce was overlooked. Who cares haha, can't wait for next thursday.

Bring it on

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
All I'll remember is him giving Ryder a towelling in the Showdowns.

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk

Jeez. So obvious and staring me in the face, but I couldn't believe he would self-censor such an innocuous word.

You're weird. I get more vulgar when I'm drunk.

I was trying to be polite but too drunk to realise I didn't need to be....I think that's what happened....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are so far from that its not even up for debate

Maybe we are showing signs this year!

But honestly look at it this way

-well run organisation
-large supporter base
-only concerned with being above Spurs (pear)
- making champions league and failing(finals, without troubling)
- losing best players to competition

lol

eat, sleep, c*** gambling, has to be crap, in the context of the sentence
I think it's just missing a comma or an and.
eat, sleep, c***, gambling
eat, sleep, c*** and gambling

At least we had players overlooked.
I know the players won't give two hoots over it.
But I wouldn't want all eight players selected and going into finals thinking their shit don't stink. Always better having something to prove IMHO.

Wasnt sure where to put this.I read a blog and thought people might be interested in this one as it touches on everything we talk about. 'Stevo' Collingwood, the meejia, PR spin and Heretier.

Link here

A snip

The upshot of all this is that there is a terror not in producing bad content, but in producing no content. It’s best to have Brian Taylor puffing around a change room to negative tweets compared to no reaction at all. It’s why very few things have journalistic merit anymore, why rather than insightful takes on football, Luke Darcy and Damien Barrett get to comment on and criticise the merits of Jack Riewoldt carrying Nick Riewoldt off the ground as if it’s the most important thing in the world, rather than mentioning something interesting. It keeps them relevant, and it’s what they think people want to hear – the upshot of all this chatter is even if there’s nothing to comment on, you have to keep talking. Journalistic grunt work is menial – the chance to REALLY progress now lies in moving on from that dogs work to getting to the big time. A panel show, a podcast, a chance to condemn and criticise and josh with the Johnnos and Brownys of this world. The truly relevant in the media don’t worry about reporting, everything is about setting agendas.

Anyone busy on 21 September?

R&T Forum: Rebuilding Carlton Football Club

Steven Trigg, CEO, Carlton Football Club

In September, Melbourne's focus turns to Australian Rules Football. All teams strive to participate in the finals series with the aim of winning the premiership.

But as all clubs know, the road to premiership glory starts much earlier than 1 September, with a solid on and off field foundation that can take several years to build.

The Carlton Football Club is on this path. Since its last premiership in 1995, Carlton has often been labelled as a club that does not rebuild. However under the current board and management it has set itself on a rebuilding path under the guidance of young coach, Brendon Bolton. With some young talent and a rebuilding mindset, Carlton hopes to recapture the success which propelled it to a leading 16 VFL/AFL premierships.

Carlton CEO Steven Trigg will discuss what it took to start this rebuild, how he believes it is progressing, and the lessons he has learned. With one of the longest current records in AFL club administration, Steven is well placed to share his views on what it takes to restructure and turnaround an AFL team in a highly competitive environment.
Date
Thursday 21 September
Time
Registration 5.30 pm; Presentation 5.45 - 6.30 pm followed by networking drinks and canapes
Venue
PwC, Level 21, 2 Riverside Quay, Southbank
Price
$75 member, $92 non-member (GST incl.)

He's had a very good year
Agreed.

Just need to ignore the pasting Sauce gave him and the one Max Gawn handed him in the first half before he rolled his ankle.

The rest of his season was very good.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Anyone busy on 21 September?

R&T Forum: Rebuilding Carlton Football Club

Steven Trigg, CEO, Carlton Football Club

In September, Melbourne's focus turns to Australian Rules Football. All teams strive to participate in the finals series with the aim of winning the premiership.

But as all clubs know, the road to premiership glory starts much earlier than 1 September, with a solid on and off field foundation that can take several years to build.

The Carlton Football Club is on this path. Since its last premiership in 1995, Carlton has often been labelled as a club that does not rebuild. However under the current board and management it has set itself on a rebuilding path under the guidance of young coach, Brendon Bolton. With some young talent and a rebuilding mindset, Carlton hopes to recapture the success which propelled it to a leading 16 VFL/AFL premierships.

Carlton CEO Steven Trigg will discuss what it took to start this rebuild, how he believes it is progressing, and the lessons he has learned. With one of the longest current records in AFL club administration, Steven is well placed to share his views on what it takes to restructure and turnaround an AFL team in a highly competitive environment.
Date
Thursday 21 September
Time
Registration 5.30 pm; Presentation 5.45 - 6.30 pm followed by networking drinks and canapes
Venue
PwC, Level 21, 2 Riverside Quay, Southbank
Price
$75 member, $92 non-member (GST incl.)
Will he discuss the pros and cons of paper v plastic bags for paying players under the table?

Do I have amnesia and have forgotten the "Premiership Glory" we had with him as CEO?
Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back