2017 Non Crows AFL Discussion Thread - Part IV A New Hope

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All Port showbags will come with a special limited edition 'Port Adelaide Showgoer' membership that will be counted towards next season's membership numbers along with the pet memberships, memberships for dead relatives etc.

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Listening to SEN (catch up podcast) and although Tim Watson won't name clubs it was said that North's offer of 1.5 mil for Dusty isn't even the largest bid. Apparently the Swans have offered much much more than that. What a flog of a club. I may actually hate them even more than Port (I probably pity Port more than hate them these days).

Listening to SEN (catch up podcast) and although Tim Watson won't name clubs it was said that North's offer of 1.5 mil for Dusty isn't even the largest bid. Apparently the Swans have offered much much more than that. What a flog of a club. I may actually hate them even more than Port (I probably pity Port more than hate them these days).
If he won't name clubs, how do you know it is the Swans?

If true...in what dimension, in what reality do they have the cap space to do that?! That would be crazy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the Sydney story is true (and hey, stranger things have happened), then I reiterate what I said in the Lever thread. AFC should go hard at Aliir Aliir as a Lever replacement when he comes out of contract.

No way Swans would be able to offer him a big pay rise.

Tippett is contracted though. They need to find a club willing to take him. That is much easier said than done. Especially now with Stef Martin becoming available and wanting to get back to Melbourne.

Sorry I thought this was Tippett's final year.

I think some Clubs would take him, but as you said if he is contracted he will stay put and hopefully improve his value.

If the Sydney story is true (and hey, stranger things have happened), then I reiterate what I said in the Lever thread. AFC should go hard at Aliir Aliir as a Lever replacement when he comes out of contract.

No way Swans would be able to offer him a big pay rise.
I reckon the swans would be going for lever .. they have a need for a 3rd defender. Alir alir has got bad disposal.. too bad to play levers spot.

I was told $1.7m for 5 years is on the table by the Swans - crazy money.
It makes no sense. It looked as though Tom Mitchell got squeezed out because of salary cap issues. Why would they offer that sort of money to Dusty ?? They should have just kept Mitchell. Maybe there was some substance to Longmire not being a big fan of Tom ??

Free tickets
Never tear us apart scarf
Hub cap
inxs mix tape
bottle of kochies hot air
centerlink magnet
face mask (china)
creed scroll
dna kit
special edition kern coke zero
You forgot the "idiot's guide to 'Port Adelaide Football'", which goes like this:

Did port win? > we played Port Adelaide football! :)

Did port lose? > we did not play Port Adelaide football :(

It makes no sense. It looked as though Tom Mitchell got squeezed out because of salary cap issues. Why would they offer that sort of money to Dusty ?? They should have just kept Mitchell. Maybe there was some substance to Longmire not being a big fan of Tom ??
No idea re Mitchell mate. With Tippett likely to leave frees up $1m right there just looking from the outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back