2017 Non Crows AFL Discussion Thread - Part IV A New Hope

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon the swans would be going for lever .. they have a need for a 3rd defender. Alir alir has got bad disposal.. too bad to play levers spot.
Is this serious or sarcasm? They are loaded. Mills, Rampe, Aliir, Rohan, can throw Reid back there.

Lever's disposal is nothing special.

No idea re Mitchell mate. With Tippett likely to leave frees up $1m right there just looking from the outside.
As I have already mentioned Tippett is not going anywhere. He is contracted. And no club will be interested in him if they have to pay all of his salary. Sydney might have a very small chance of another club taking him if Sydney agree to paying a fair portion of his contract. But the clubs that need ruckman will now have their sights firmly set on Stef Martin. So Sydney won't be freeing up cash that way.

Im a Gunners fan but there is no one that comes close to the world of denial the Arsenal coach, executive and board are living in.
Its at a level I've never observed before. They are in for a world of pain.

A gutless, spinless executive and board and a manager well past his used by date, its been groundhog day for 12 years.
My 16 year old son also supports Arsenal.. and says exactly the same thing.

Im a Gunners fan but there is no one that comes close to the world of denial the Arsenal coach, executive and board are living in.
Its at a level I've never observed before. They are in for a world of pain.

A gutless, spinless executive and board and a manager well past his used by date, its been groundhog day for 12 years.

I tell ya what!
At times I've felt we are the Arsenal of AFL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tippett is contracted though. They need to find a club willing to take him. That is much easier said than done. Especially now with Stef Martin becoming available and wanting to get back to Melbourne.
Big forwards like Tippett are very hard to find no matter how inconsistent and injury prone. Clubs would be lining up to take Kurt. Have you seen who plays forward for Carlton, Richmond, Collingwood etc.
Swans depth is very, very average. If they offloaded Tippett no doubt they could fit in a large contract for Martin
Reid is going as a FA as well isnt he? Would free up plenty of cash.

Big forwards like Tippett are very hard to find no matter how inconsistent and injury prone. Clubs would be lining up to take Kurt. Have you seen who plays forward for Carlton, Richmond, Collingwood etc.
Look at how Cloke worked out at the Bulldogs. Tippett spent most of the year in the NEAFL. And he has a huge dollar contract attached to him. The interest will be minimal unless Sydney agree to paying a decent chuck of his salary.

Sam Reid ??

Signed a new 4 year deal

Reid re-signed

Swans depth is very, very average. If they offloaded Tippett no doubt they could fit in a large contract for Martin

And yet we can't pay Mitch AND Lever 'big' money hmmmm. Look at all the talent on the Swans and then they can supposedly pay Martin 1.7m and Buddy and Parker and Hannelbury and JPK.......

And yet we can't pay Mitch AND Lever 'big' money hmmmm. Look at all the talent on the Swans and then they can supposedly pay Martin 1.7m and Buddy and Parker and Hannelbury and JPK.......
I think we could pay Lever big money. We choose not to make him our highest paid player for many reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back