2017 Trade and FA thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I would throw 500k a year at Allir Allir. Can really play and will only get better. Sydney will offer him unders.
yeah as LongLion said, l doubt we would be throwing extravagant money on players that have just shown potential nothing more. Unless its a true quality player like Kelly/Martin/Fyfe (which probably won't happen) then l think we will offer what we believe they are worth plus maybe a little bit more to entice them over but thats it. New train now, if you want to play for us then you have to follow in line. The draft is our main path now

yeah as LongLion said, l doubt we would be throwing extravagant money on players that have just shown potential nothing more. Unless its a true quality player like Kelly/Martin/Fyfe (which probably won't happen) then l think we will offer what we believe they are worth plus maybe a little bit more to entice them over but thats it. New train now, if you want to play for us then you have to follow in line. The draft is our main path now
Yeah I'd be waiting to see what Jack Payne is looking like before worrying about paying overs for potential.

I'd be happy to pay Allir Allir equal to the contract Schache's getting, surely Sydney are in big trouble with Heeney, Mills, Papley and Jones all really able to command big coin on the open market. When was the last time a captain was traded due to salary cap pressure, Kennedy might be the one squeezed out.

Ami the only one that doesn't rate Allir that highly? Looked average in a solid/settled grand finalist team... I reckon he would not get a game with us
I think that our backline is in pretty good hands long term. They all look capable and with time will become a pretty strong unit. We still dont really have anyone to take on the bruts. Possibly Skinner may be that man given time. But i dont see Allir as that man either.

I'd try and lure Nic Newman from the swans.. unbelievable ball use off half back, and for some reason Horse has dropped him a couple of times. With sydneys tight salary cap, it wouldn't take much

Only so we can say, "Newman, Newman, NEWMAN!" (also he can play...)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's Charlie Cameron for me , would fit in well , hard to shake him from the crows perhaps get his sister into the woman's team as a first step

Hopefully we're telling Matho to get in Parish's ear. He hasn't re-signed and would be a huge get. The only problem is that we'd be dealing with Essendon, who are by far the worst club to trade with. Ports 1st rounder would do the job but they'd demand our first pick obviously.

Please no more fringe players/C graders who haven't proven anything - especially for 500k. Draft or proven high quality players or high draft picks with plenty of potential ie Hopper or Kelly
100% no more Bastinacs, Walkers or Bells. We need to trade for either proven players or young players with heaps of promise. If we can't, just take the picks to the draft.

Rory Thompson or Steven may would be fantastic
Thompson is very gettable IMO. Plays a bit like Andrews but has more speed so would be great on the more agile key forwards. He's in right age bracket, has been overtaken by both Day and Leslie as the 2nd key defender at the Suns. I'm concerned about his form though which has been fairly average considering how he has performed in the past. Has had injury concerns as well...

Hopefully we're telling Matho to get in Parish's ear. He hasn't re-signed and would be a huge get. The only problem is that we'd be dealing with Essendon, who are by far the worst club to trade with. Ports 1st rounder would do the job but they'd demand our first pick obviously.

Dunno...Maybe on a plus side we've traded with them before..swings and roundabouts

Dunno about that. He was a pick 5 two years ago and has been great from the get-go. Essendon no doubt difficult to deal with but if I were them I'd be asking more than 9-14. Would be a perfect fit for our list though.

Dodongo thinks we should chase Breust. Breust would be tempted to move to play with Barrett. They are very close. Fagan's connection also could get something done. Dodongo isn't sure if Breust is out of contract at the end of the year, but he is someone that might be willing to move North considering a few Hawks refused to move last year.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

2017 Trade and FA thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back