mattyc75

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 5, 2010
over here
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
,west perthgolden state warriors
For the juniors watchers out there,stop hanging out the front of schools in your panel vans and get down to a footy match.
Throw some names out there,doesn't look for for high end west Aussies this time round judging by the few threads up already over in the trade/draft pages.
Also who do you think we will target from other teams at the end of the 2017 season

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Would we be happy to look at using the last couple of list spots (one main list, one rookie spot) on retiring/soon to retire stars who may be looking for a sea change over to the Wild West for the rest of their lives?

I'd be happy to continue using it as a bit of a tactic every few years as our isolation presents us with a unique situation, not to mention challenges recruiting stars in their prime.

If they are taking the spots that the likes of McGinnity could keep then I'm all for it, especially considering the good Mitchell is already doing on the track.

For the juniors watchers out there,stop hanging out the front of schools in your panel vans and get down to a footy match.
Throw some names out there,doesn't look for for high end west Aussies this time round judging by the few threads up already over in the trade/draft pages.
Also who do you think we will target from other teams at the end of the 2017 season

I heard Sam Powell-Pepper loves the Eagles. We should draft him.

Would we be happy to look at using the last couple of list spots (one main list, one rookie spot) on retiring/soon to retire stars who may be looking for a sea change over to the Wild West for the rest of their lives?

I'd be happy to continue using it as a bit of a tactic every few years as our isolation presents us with a unique situation, not to mention challenges recruiting stars in their prime.

If they are taking the spots that the likes of McGinnity could keep then I'm all for it, especially considering the good Mitchell is already doing on the track.
You're not always going to get the quality of Mitchell again,in fact you could say you probably won't get it again

You're not always going to get the quality of Mitchell again,in fact you could say you probably won't get it again
True, and I'm not advocating that we sacrifice development to get over any old bastard we can, just saying I'd be happy if we kept an eye on players in the latter stages of their career for potential opportunities.

Given the Mitchell/Petrie deals probably had a lot to do with their ties to Simpson I'm probably just posting absolute trash, but whatevs.

I'm hoping to pick up liam Ryan with a late pick,maybe a kpf with our first

From the contracts thread this may be useful - these players plus anyone on the rookie list are out of contract at the end of next year

Contracted until the end of 2017 (15):
Eric Mackenzie - Signed 4-year contract (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017) in June 2013.
Mark LeCras - Signed a 4-year contract (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017) in June 2013.
Jack Darling - Signed a 2-year contract extension (2016, 2017) in August 2014.
Dom Sheed - Believed to have signed for 2 years (2016, 2017) in July 2015
Tom Barrass - Believed to have signed for 2 years (2016, 2017) in July 2015
Jackson Nelson - Believed to have signed a 1-year extension (2017) in July 2015
Sharrod Wellingham - Signed a 2-year contract (2016, 2017) in August 2015.
Malcom Karpany - Signed a 2-year contract (2016, 2017) in October 2015
Kurt Mutimer - Probably signed a 2-year contract (2016, 2017) when drafted
Fraser McInnes - Signed a 1-year extensions (2016, 2017) in December 2015
Matt Priddis – Signed a 1-year contract extension (2017) in March 2016
Josh Hill - Signed a 1-year contract (2017) in September 2016.
Sam Mitchell - Signed a 1-year deal (2017) when traded in October 2016
Sam Butler – Signed a 1-year contract (2017) in October 2016.
Tom Lamb - Signed 1 1-year contract (2017) in October 2016

If they're not on that list they can only be traded if club AND player agree so masten, and any others not on the list, can't be traded unless he agrees no matter how hard some might wish for it to happen

From the contracts thread this may be useful - these players plus anyone on the rookie list are out of contract at the end of next year

If they're not on that list they can only be traded if club AND player agree so masten, and any others not on the list, can't be traded unless he agrees no matter how hard some might wish for it to happen
He can be convinced

As I see it lecras and butler are both in the retirement zone so are possibly in their last year

Mitchell could potentially play on but we won't know that until late in the year. Petrie was never more than a one year deal

Karpany, mutimer, hill and lamb are all playing to earn another contract and if they don't hold little trade currency. McInnes, snadden and Tunbridge are rookies in the same boat with Snadden the best placed to be retained whilst the other two require a miracle

Mackenzie is a potential FA so his future is clouded to say the least

Barrass, darling, sheed, Wellingham and nelson need to be signed up to new contracts in that order of importance.

Priddis will get another year without fanfare towards the end of the season

Redden I'm assuming is on a 3 year deal like Jetta. If not he has this year to prove himself

After a bit of a cull this year our stocks of deadwood have dwindled significantly so we don't have too much left fortunately

As I see it lecras and butler are both in the retirement zone so are possibly in their last year

Mitchell could potentially play on but we won't know that until late in the year. Petrie was never more than a one year deal

Karpany, mutimer, hill and lamb are all playing to earn another contract and if they don't hold little trade currency. McInnes, snadden and Tunbridge are rookies in the same boat with Snadden the best placed to be retained whilst the other two require a miracle

Mackenzie is a potential FA so his future is clouded to say the least

Barrass, darling, sheed, Wellingham and nelson need to be signed up to new contracts in that order of importance.

Priddis will get another year without fanfare towards the end of the season

Redden I'm assuming is on a 3 year deal like Jetta. If not he has this year to prove himself

After a bit of a cull this year our stocks of deadwood have dwindled significantly so we don't have too much left fortunately
There looks like quite a few delistings/retirements that could happen which is good as it looks like another strong draft.

He can be convinced
Encouraged he can be

Depends on how this year pans out given that of the established midfield group he and Hutchings seem the most vulnerable if the younger group of Duggan etal. get their shit together and RedJet return value on their investment

If he's not getting game time he might do a Rosa and ask for a trade elsewhere or he extracts the crayon and puts together a season worthy of a well paid senior midfielder

Hoping for the latter expecting form to dictate the former

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Encouraged he can be

Depends on how this year pans out given that of the established midfield group he and Hutchings seem the most vulnerable if the younger group of Duggan etal. get their shit together and RedJet return value on their investment

If he's not getting game time he might do a Rosa and ask for a trade elsewhere or he extracts the crayon and puts together a season worthy of a well paid senior midfielder

Hoping for the latter expecting form to dictate the former
A year playing mostly in the WAFL might do it, but then who would bother trading for him

A year playing mostly in the WAFL might do it, but then who would bother trading for him
Which is the other part of any trade masten equation that could prove problematic

Contrary to some, I actually believe he's capable of some good footy and hope he has a really strong year

We should try get Dangerfield so we can have 4 brownlow medalist in our Midfield

Priddis, Mitchell, Danger...Masten?

You'd think with the heavy investment we've been making to our midfield / HB / HF roles we'd be looking for a few KPP next year.

Schoey, Emac and JK are probably 2-4 years from retirement or at least a decline in output, so it'd be good to have more youth coming through to take their spots.

Hopefully guys like Rotham, Waterman, Allen can make that step up.
But we really need your big bodied true FF-type players.

Seems plenty of WA talent is being rapidly taken off the table recently.

Coniglio, Hogan, Swallow, Pickett, Ah Chee, Lobb, Ellis Yolman (for Darling)

Hopefully Adams doesn't lose interest in returning home. If Mackenzie finally does leave at the end of 2017, i'd love for us to have a look.

Danger, Sammy, Pridda and who?
Mastern?
Priddis, Mitchell, Danger...Masten?

You'd think with the heavy investment we've been making to our midfield / HB / HF roles we'd be looking for a few KPP next year.

Schoey, Emac and JK are probably 2-4 years from retirement or at least a decline in output, so it'd be good to have more youth coming through to take their spots.

Hopefully guys like Rotham, Waterman, Allen can make that step up.
But we really need your big bodied true FF-type players.
Lock Masto in for the 2017 Brownlow

Seems plenty of WA talent is being rapidly taken off the table recently.

Coniglio, Hogan, Swallow, Pickett, Ah Chee, Lobb, Ellis Yolman (for Darling)

Hopefully Adams doesn't lose interest in returning home. If Mackenzie finally does leave at the end of 2017, i'd love for us to have a look.
Ellis yolmen isn't from wa. He's a stupid crow eater.

Contracted until the end of 2017 (15):
Eric Mackenzie - Signed 4-year contract (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017) in June 2013.
Mark LeCras - Signed a 4-year contract (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017) in June 2013.
Jack Darling - Signed a 2-year contract extension (2016, 2017) in August 2014.
Dom Sheed - Believed to have signed for 2 years (2016, 2017) in July 2015
Tom Barrass - Believed to have signed for 2 years (2016, 2017) in July 2015
Jackson Nelson - Believed to have signed a 1-year extension (2017) in July 2015
Sharrod Wellingham - Signed a 2-year contract (2016, 2017) in August 2015.
Malcom Karpany - Signed a 2-year contract (2016, 2017) in October 2015
Kurt Mutimer - Probably signed a 2-year contract (2016, 2017) when drafted
Fraser McInnes - Signed a 1-year extensions (2016, 2017) in December 2015
Matt Priddis – Signed a 1-year contract extension (2017) in March 2016
Josh Hill - Signed a 1-year contract (2017) in September 2016.
Sam Mitchell - Signed a 1-year deal (2017) when traded in October 2016
Sam Butler – Signed a 1-year contract (2017) in October 2016.
Tom Lamb - Signed 1 1-year contract (2017) in October 2016

Mackenzie - let him walk in FA, surplus to needs don't care how good he plays this year.
LeCras - retire/FA
Darling - sign up
Sheed - sign up
Barrass - sign up
Nelson - sign up
Wellingham - surplus to needs if some youth comes along. don't want us to offer him more than 2 years if we do keep him and less money. Not essential to the team
Karpany - make or break needs to dominate WAFL and have some AFL games
Mutimer -make or break but probably needs a solid WAFL season as opposed to regular AFL games
McInnes - G-A-W-N Gone.
Priddis - 1 year pending rig
Hill - let walk in FA surplus to needs unless he tears it up (unlikely)
Mitchell - pending year sign him to a max 5 year contract
Butler - would keep as veteran leadership, on less money and 1 year pending form
Lamb - sign up. Would be disappointed if we let him loose after next season. Though I expect a better performed season with some AFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back