2017 trade/draft thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both NN and JK deserve a flag. Bulldogs could do with both of them. They shouldn't have to play our their careers with no hope of success because their team mates are rubbish.

Can't lose with this quote:

1. Current team mates (with some exceptions) are rubbish and they don't deserve to be lumped with them; or
  2. Trade out spuds and bring in kids means they miss the window.
Either way, neither of them getting a flag at WC but at least with the latter option, they won't continue to be sullied by continuing to be associated with a team that has the amazing capacity to be both a top 4 contender and being irrelevant as a genuine flag threat.

Mummy's boys, FTB's etc. What a waste and what an embarrassment.

35 - Sam Mitchell: Probable retirement at end of 2017/18 take up coaching role.
35 - Drew Petrie*: Delist at seasons end. Too old to kept as fourth+ ruck.
31 - Mark LeCras: Should retire at seasons end. Out of contract.
31 - Sam Butler: Should retire at seasons end. Out of contract.
29 - Johnathan Giles: Delist.
29 - Eric Mackenzie: Depth/ Trade Bait
28 - Will Schofield: Retain. Good depth.
28 - Chris Masten: Retain. Depth.
28 - Lewis Jetta: Year left on contract. Retain short term.
28 - Josh Hill: Out of contract.
27 - Jack Redden: Horrible and i don't know what do do with him.
26 - Mark Hutchings: Middling footballer in the middle of his career. The next McGinnity.
24 - Fraser McInnes* - 24
24 - Simon Tunbridge* Would need to pull a cat out a hat to be retained.
21 - Tom Gorter*: Lemon

Not sure if any of these guys will be there for our next tilt. May as well give it a red hot crack this year though whilst top 4 is still an outside possibility.. If we were to miss out on that this year you might as well cut hard...

Why only Kennedy? Don't forget NN. Based on todays game no one from this team is going to be part of our next premiership - we should trade them all and get as many first rounders as we can. Then we can trade all these first round picks to bottom teams (especially Brisbane) in exchange for ready made players.

I can't tell if you're being facetious.... So we trade ready made players for draft picks to get ready made players?

Surely if we're not winning a premiership you want draft picks not average middle career players.

Been thinking about our team next year and what it would look like.
Based on probable and hopeful delistings amd promotions of youth would this be a viable team?

B: Nelson barrass wellingham
HB: hurn McGovern sheppard
C: gaff Shuey yeo
Hf: lamb Vardy Duggan
Ff: darling kennedy rioli

Ruck: natanui Sheed redden
Int: Lycett Partington venables Cripps
Em: Hutchings Jetta

Thoughts?

Based on probable and hopeful delistings amd promotions of youth would this be a viable team?

Thoughts?
That forward line is way too tall.

I doubt Vardy will stay in the side as a pure forward.

Thoughts?
At this stage lecras is a better option than lamb or duggan if he doesn't retire

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

At this stage lecras is a better option than lamb or duggan if he doesn't retire

Yeah im basing it on him retiring.
But if he's still in obviously he will play ahead of lamb. Probably.

35 - Tom Mitchell: Probable retirement at end of 2017/18 take up coaching role.
35 - Drew Petrie*: Delist at seasons end. Too old to kept as fourth+ ruck.
32 - Matthew Priddis - Retain as old head.
31 - Mark LeCras: Should retire at seasons end. Out of contract.
31 - Sam Butler: Should retire at seasons end. Out of contract.
30 - Josh Kennedy: Irreplaceable. Retain unless someone offers up something substantial.
30 - Shannon Hurn: Retain until retirement
29 - Johnathan Giles: Delist.
29 - Eric Mackenzie: Depth/ Trade Bait
29 - Sharrod Wellingham: Retain. He's not old enough to delist and is still good enough to play.
28 - Will Schofield: Retain. Good depth.
28 - Chris Masten: Retain. Depth.
28 - Lewis Jetta: Year left on contract. Retain short term.
28 - Josh Hill: Out of contract.
27 - Jack Redden: Horrible and i don't know what do do with him.
27 - Nick Naitanui:
27 - Luke Shuey:
26 - Brad Sheppard: Retain essential.
26 - Mark Hutchings: Middling footballer in the middle of his career. The next McGinnity.
26 - Nathan Vardy: Talented, injury prone and underveloped. Retain for depth.
25 - Andrew Gaff: Essential or trade bait.
25 - Jack Darling: Essential or trade bait.
25 - Jeremy McGovern
25 - Scott Lycett
25 - Elliot Yeo
24 - Jamie Cripps
24 - Fraser McInnes* - 24
24 - Simon Tunbridge* Would need to pull a cat out a hat to be retained.
22 - Tom Barrass:
22 - Francis Watson* Working towards elevation?
22 - Willie Rioli
22 - Dom Sheed: Must be given more responsibility.
22 - Malcomn Karpany: Improving production but still at the cross roads.
21 - Jackson Nelson: Proven performer.
21 - Liam Duggan: Has production issues and needs to bulk up to play serious midfield minutes. Has a few years.
21 - Tom Lamb: Should play half a dozen games in the rest of 2017.
21 - Tom Gorter*: Lemon
20 - Matthew Allen: Contracted for a few years. Has some tools and needs to work on his athleticism.
20 - Tom Cole: Likely type.
20 - Kurt Mutimer: Likely type
20: Jordan Snadden*:
20: Luke Partington:
20: Daniel Venables - 19
20: Josh Rotham - 19
20: Jake Waterman - 19
20: Tarir Bayok*

Red should go at the end of the year.
Underlined should be seriously considered in the next couple of years.

I actually think there i a bit to like about the 25 and under list.

Gov and Yeo both a chance of AA this year.

Cripps, Barrass, Sheed, Nelson, Duggan all best 22 (Mutimer pushing for it ATM)

Lamb, Partington, Venables in good WAFL form and pushing hard.

Watson and Willie making a few around here very excited with potential.

And I have hopes of some quality coming from Cole, Allen, Rotham and Waterman.

Simmo said at the start of the year that a premiership is the aim. I'm not writing them off yet because we know that this clubs best is a lot better than what we've seen this season and theirs still half a season left. But, regardless of the outcome of this season it's time for a few of the old boys to retire and time for a cleanout and start fresh next year with NN and Lycett coming back.

Hopefully they'll enquire about Duncan and Acres and throw bunch of money at Dusty.
IMG_5597.GIF

Hill and Wellingham will stay on for at least another year I think, we won't get anything for them and they'll still be more than serviceable.

Retire: Priddis, LeCras, Butler, Petrie, Giles (maybe), Brophy and I wouldn't be surprised if Jetta retires.

Just on Petrie, I wasn't stoked on him coming over here but the fact that a legend of another club gave up the opportunity to be a one club player to come over and help us says a lot about this lads character, I really hope we give him a lap of honour either at our last home game or round 1 next year or maybe when we play North next season. What a legend.

Trade/ FA: Masten, Mackenzie, Redden.

Delist: Redden (don't care how he goes, just f**k off) McInnis, Tunbridge, Gorter.

That's 8 senior list and 4 rookie list changes.

IMG_5578.JPG

Using our current list this is what I wouldn't mind seeing Round 1 2018.

FB: Hurn Barrass Sheppard
HB: Nelson McGovern Yeo(VC)
C: Gaff Mitchell Duggan
HF: Venables Darling Lamb
F: Rioli Kennedy(VC) Cripps/ Hill
R: Naitanui Sheed Shuey(C)

INT: Mutimer Lycett Watson Wellingham

EMG: Hutchings Schofield Hill / Cripps

I hope we start rotating Jacko through the midfield next season, strong body, Agressive and likes to go for a run.

I'd like to see Karpany, Cole, Parto, Rotham, Allen, Waterman, Snadden getting games next year aswell if they're retained, I could see Karpany and Snadden being cut though and Allen sent to the rookie list. I kind of hope we keep Karps though.

Obviously others will come in through trade and FA but that's what I'd like to see round 1 next season (using our current list). Theirs still a lot of core players but just with some added youth, talent and pace to rejuvenate what is becoming a stale 22.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't tell if you're being facetious.... So we trade ready made players for draft picks to get ready made players?

Surely if we're not winning a premiership you want draft picks not average middle career players.

If you can't tell then I am not going to help you :). Seriously who in their right mind would want to trade Kennedy and NN away? We played in a grand final in 2015 think all our players deserve a flag not just Kennedy and NN. FWIW (provided we do a few things right) I think we will win a premiership before Kennedy retire anyway.

Wasn't so long ago everyone was saying want a dumb footballer yeo is..

I said he was dumb and he is dumb but when he is playing defence, he does not need the footy smarts to intercept and break a line. A smarter Yeo would be providing a greater hurt factor in lowering his eyes.

All depends on the role you want Marsh to be playing but from what I have seen, it is a tepid response from me.

If you can't tell then I am not going to help you :). Seriously who in their right mind would want to trade Kennedy and NN away? We played in a grand final in 2015 think all our players deserve a flag not just Kennedy and NN. FWIW (provided we do a few things right) I think we will win a premiership before Kennedy retire anyway.

Fair, but in my defence these are interesting times - Eagles fans are hurting and indulging in all sorts of hardcore fatalism.

I’m sure someone has done this before(apologies if they have), and I’m sure I am missing a couple, but below are all the listed Western Australian (have included a couple of NT players) players with other clubs. I'm unsure of players contract situations, but have listed a couple (info from Footywire website)

Adelaide Crows
Charlie Cameron - 1994 - Swan Districts - Forward - Out of contract at the end of 2018
Hugh Greenwood - 1992 - Perth Wildcats - Midfield/Forward
Mitch McGovern - 1994 - Claremont - Forward - Out of contract at the end of 2017
Curtly Hampton - 1993 - Alice Spings - Defender
GWS
Stephen Coniglio - 1993 - Swan Districts - Midfield - Out of contract at the end of 2019
Matthew De Boer - 1990 - Claremont - Midfield/Forward
Rory Lobb - 1993 - Swan Districts - Forward - Out of contract at the end of 2019
Tendai Mzungu - 1986 - Perth - Midfield
Nathan Wilson - 1983 - WA - Defender - Out of contract at the end of 2018
Geelong
Aaron Black - 1990 - Peel Thunder - Forward
Nakia Cockatoo - 1996 - NT Thunder - Forward - Out of contract at the end of 2017
Mitch Duncan - 1991 - East Perth - Midfield - Out of contract at the end of 2020
Sam Menegola - 1992 - Subiaco - Midfield
Quinton Narkle - 1997 - Perth - Midfield/Forward
Brandan Parfitt - 1998 - NT Thunder - Midfield/Forward
Fremantle
Hayden Ballantyne - 1987 - Peel Thunder - Forward
Harley Bennell - 1992 - Peel Thunder - Midfield/Forward
Connor Blakely - 1996 - Swan Districts - Midfield
Josh Deluca-Cardillo - 1996 - Peel Thunder - Midfield/Forward
Nathan Fyfe - 1991 - Claremont - Midfield
Jonathan Griffen - 1986 - East Fremantle - Ruck
Joel Hamling - 1993 - Claremont - Defender
Bradley Hill - 1993 - West Perth - Midfield/Forward
Stephen Hill - 1990 - West Perth - Midfield
Ethan Hughes - 1994 - Swan Districts - Defender
Garrick Ibbotson - 1988 - East Fremantle - Defender
Michael Johnson - 1984 - Melville - Defender
Shane Kersten - 1993 - South Fremantle - Forward
Griffen Logue - 1998 - Swan Districts - Defender
Cameron McCarthy - 1995 - South Fremantle - Forward
Asron Sandilands - 1982 - East Fremantle - Ruck
Luke Strnadica - 1998 - East Fremantle - Forward/Ruck
Michael Walters - 1991 - Swan Districts - Forward
Port Adelade
Brendon Ah Chee - 1993 - South Fremantle - Midfield/Forward
Nathan Krakouer - 1988 - Claremont - Defender
Sam Powell-Pepper - 1998 - East Perth - Midfield - Out of contract at the end of 2018
Patrick Ryder - 1988 - East Perth - Forward/Ruck - Out of contract at the end of 2019
Billy Frampton - 1996 - South Fremantle - Ruck
Richmond
Shai Bolton - 1998 - South Fremantle - Midfield/Forward
Nathan Broad - 1993 - Swan Districts - Defender
Reece Conco - 1992 - Perth - Midfield
Kamdyn McIntosh - 1994 - Peel Thunder - Defender
Alex Rance - 1989 - Swan Districts - Defender
Western Bulldogs
Marcus Adams - 1993 - West Perth - Defender
Timothy English - 1997 - South Frematle - Ruck
Jason Johannisen - 1992 - East Fremantle - Defender - Out of contract at the end of 2017
Bradley Lynch - 1997 - Swan Districts - Defender
St Kilda
Blake Acres - 1995 - West Perth - Midfield/Forward - Out of contract at the end of 2018
Ben Long - 1997 - NT Thunder - Defender/Forward
Essendon
Travis Colyer - 1991 - Claremont - Forward
Cale Hooker - 1988 - East Fremantle - Forward/Defender
Ben Howlett - 1988 - Peel Thunder - Midfield/Forward
Matthew Leuenberger - 1988 - East Perth - Ruck
David Myers - 1989 - Perth - Midfield
Melbourne
Jesse Hogan - 1995 - Claremont - Forward - Out of contract at the end of 2019
Dean Kent - 1994 - Perth - Forward
Sydney
Aliir Aliir - 1994 - East Fremantle - Defender - Out of contract at the end of 2018
Darcy Cameron - 1995 - Claremont - Forward/Ruck
Lance Franklin - 1987 - Perth - Forward
Harrison Marsh - 1994 - East Fremantle - Defender
Collingwood
Alex Fasolo - 1992 - East Fremantle - Forward - Out of contract at the end of 2017 (RFA)
Chris Mayne - 1988 - Perth - Forward
Jackson Ramsay - 1994 - East Perth - Defender
Daniel Wells - 1985 - Peel Thunder - Midfield
North Melbourne
Jed Anderson - 1994 - Territory Thunder - Forward
Matthew Taylor - 1997 - Perth - Defender
Andrew Swallow - 1987 - East Fremantle - Midfield
Marley Williams - 1993 - Claremont - Defender
Cameron Zurhaar - 1998 - East Fremantle - Forward
Gold Coast
Cuallum Ah Chee - 1997 - South Fremantle - Forward - Out of contract at the end of 2019
Cameron Loersch - 1995 - South Fremantle - Forward
Jack Martin - 1995 - Geraldton - Defender/Forward - Out of contract at the end of 2019
Brandon Matera - 1992 - South Fremantle - Forward - Out of contract at the end of 2017
Joshua Schoenfeld - 1997 - Peel Thunder - Midfield
David Swallow - 1992 - East Fremantle - Midfield - Out of contract at the end of 2017 (RFA)
Carlton
Dennis Armfield - 1986 - Swan Districts - Forward - Out of contract at the end of 2017 (UFA)
Blaine Boekhorst - 1993 - Swan Districts - Midfield/Forward
Patrick Cripps - 1995 - East Fremantle - Midfield - Out of contract at the end of 2019
Zac Fisher - 1998 - Perth - Midfield
Jesse Glass-McCasker - 1997 - Swan Districts - Defender
Rhys Palmer - 1989 - East Fremantle - Forward
Sam Petrevski-Seton - 1998 - Claremont - Midfield - Out of contract at the end of 2018
Jarrod Pickett - 1996 - South Fremantle - Midfield/Forward
Simon White - 1988 - Subiaco - Defender
Hawthorn
Tom Mitchell - 1993 - Claremont - Midfield
Jaeger O'Meara - 1994 - Perth - Midfield
Kade Stewart - 1997 - South Fremantle - Forward
Benjamin Stratton - 1989 - East Perth - Defender
Brisbane
Rohan Berwick - 1989 - West Perth - Midfield
Jarrad Jansen - 1995 - East Fremantle - Midfield/Forward
Daniel Rich - 1990 - Subiaco - Midfield - Out of contract at the end of 2021 (UFA)
Nicholas Robertson - 1995 - West Perth - Defender/Midfielder
Marc Paperone - 1994 - East Fremantle - Defender

Hugh Greenwood is Tasmanian. Charlie Cameron would be sick but he only lived in wa for a year or even 2. Would love him but I have heard that the indigenous boys at the crows are a very tight knit group.

Simmo said at the start of the year that a premiership is the aim. I'm not writing them off yet because we know that this clubs best is a lot better than what we've seen this season and theirs still half a season left. But, regardless of the outcome of this season it's time for a few of the old boys to retire and time for a cleanout and start fresh next year with NN and Lycett coming back.

Hopefully they'll enquire about Duncan and Acres and throw bunch of money at Dusty.
View attachment 373503

Hill and Wellingham will stay on for at least another year I think, we won't get anything for them and they'll still be more than serviceable.

Retire: Priddis, LeCras, Butler, Petrie, Giles (maybe), Brophy and I wouldn't be surprised if Jetta retires.

Just on Petrie, I wasn't stoked on him coming over here but the fact that a legend of another club gave up the opportunity to be a one club player to come over and help us says a lot about this lads character, I really hope we give him a lap of honour either at our last home game or round 1 next year or maybe when we play North next season. What a legend.

Trade/ FA: Masten, Mackenzie, Redden.

Delist: Redden (don't care how he goes, just f**k off) McInnis, Tunbridge, Gorter.

That's 8 senior list and 4 rookie list changes.

View attachment 373497

Using our current list this is what I wouldn't mind seeing Round 1 2018.

FB: Hurn Barrass Sheppard
HB: Nelson McGovern Yeo(VC)
C: Gaff Mitchell Duggan
HF: Venables Darling Lamb
F: Rioli Kennedy(VC) Cripps/ Hill
R: Naitanui Sheed Shuey(C)

INT: Mutimer Lycett Watson Wellingham

EMG: Hutchings Schofield Hill / Cripps

I hope we start rotating Jacko through the midfield next season, strong body, Agressive and likes to go for a run.

I'd like to see Karpany, Cole, Parto, Rotham, Allen, Waterman, Snadden getting games next year aswell if they're retained, I could see Karpany and Snadden being cut though and Allen sent to the rookie list. I kind of hope we keep Karps though.

Obviously others will come in through trade and FA but that's what I'd like to see round 1 next season (using our current list). Theirs still a lot of core players but just with some added youth, talent and pace to rejuvenate what is becoming a stale 22.
I noticed you are appointing Yeo to be vice captain. What part of his leadership do you think fits with this appointment? Interested to hear your views.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back