List Mgmt. 2017 Trade Free Agency and List Management Watch Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Gut or something you've heard
Have heard cant remember who said it ,, that he blake is a brilliant tactician and footy brain but does not have the personality and man management skills to be the head honcho,,,,

I would be open to offers for Both Grigg & Edwards

Dangle Edwards to Adelaide for #16
Grigg to Gold Coast for #24

Or Grigg,Miles & Lloyd to Gold Coast for
#22+#24+#34

Absolutely against this; essendon imploded when they got rid of guys like heffernan and what's his name (went to us and I can't remember his name, lol). I don't want that to happen to us.

Miles and Lloyd may (or may not) see greener pastures elsewhere and put their hands up. Conca also. Happy to keep them but if they want to walk, do the trade and take what we can.

I can live with being a minor player after a flag.

Absolutely against this; essendon imploded when they got rid of guys like heffernan and what's his name (went to us and I can't remember his name, lol). I don't want that to happen to us.

Miles and Lloyd may (or may not) see greener pastures elsewhere and put their hands up. Conca also. Happy to keep them but if they want to walk, do the trade and take what we can.

I can live with being a minor player after a flag.
Blumfield...... horrible pick.... tore the hammy off the bone a few games in if i recall...

I really just can't get into the trade scenarios this off-season.
Our team is perfect, our depth is perfect.
Except for rucks after Nank. Maric gone, Hampson can't be far off, leaving just Soldo ( Griff? Chol?)
Probably wouldn't mind a KPF as Jack back-up. Currently we only have Moore or we just play 6 dwarves.

Basically, I couldn't care at the moment. just delist or trade whoever necessary & hit the draft.

Bugger, he's been huge for us, even hearing Lambert talk about him last night shows his importance. I remember when we first recruited him I thought he'd be our mid-year replacement for Dimma. He'll be a huge loss, especially for next year when we need to evolve our game plan
It's a brave man that would consider taking on the head coach role at Gold Coast. Blake Caracella clearly has the smarts to do the job but the down side, apart from the money, is huge. Questionable list quality, questionable line coaches quality, questionable Club culture and questionable relevance of the Club to the competition. If he doesn't already have enough stress in his life, he should take up golf.

As an aside, is there a cap on the amount of money an AFL Club can spend on it's football department?

Don't think we'll be active at all this trade period. Will be surprised if we trade in anyone. Surely we're squeezed for cap space after dustys deal? (Which was worth every cent mind you)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why not? You can trade any pick for a player...

Because it's draft/trade tampering.

It would be like us letting Dusty go to lolnorf via FA, and then lolnorf trading us their first pick for Lennon.

It basically creates draft picks for the sake of having additional value to trade when said player was already going to that club. If the AFL allow it, they are just far too corrupt.

Last edited:
Don't think we'll be active at all this trade period. Will be surprised if we trade in anyone. Surely we're squeezed for cap space after dustys deal? (Which was worth every cent mind you)
We're not really. More we can't make lots of big changes. But it also depends what we trade out

We'll have 6 rookies next year IMO. That's the impact of the Dusty contract

Couple of early draft picks, including Naish, couple of rookie elevations, re-rookie a player or two, couple of Cat B rookies. Load up picks for next year

We're well positioned coming out of a premiership

This exact comment has been said in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and now 2017.... issue is... and this is mindblowing.... he keeps getting injured. :eek: He is now depth, handy depth/fringe best 22.

we should just give up on him like astbury and grimes then :p

I was surprised to hear that miles is still on pretty big money - around 500k... we did rate him extremely highly 2 years ago so probably locked him away on good dollars. I don't think we need to be paying him that sort of money now so we should either trade or downgrade him at the next contract.

I wouldn't be against trying to get something for castanya now that he has real trade value. Bolton will be a very good player for us in the near future and stengel won't be too far behind him. I don't think we can keep them all and we really do need an A Grade key position forward

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2017 Trade Free Agency and List Management Watch Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back