List Mgmt. 2017 Trade Free Agency and List Management Watch Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

I was surprised to hear that miles is still on pretty big money - around 500k... we did rate him extremely highly 2 years ago so probably locked him away on good dollars. I don't think we need to be paying him that sort of money now so we should either trade or downgrade him at the next contract.

I wouldn't be against trying to get something for castanya now that he has real trade value. Bolton will be a very good player for us in the near future and stengel won't be too far behind him. I don't think we can keep them all and we really do need an A Grade key position forward
source on 500k?

Because it's draft/trade tampering.

It would be like us letting Dusty go to lolnorf via FA, and then lolnorf trading us their first pick for Lennon.

It basically creates draft picks for the sake of having additional value to trade when said player was already going to that club. If the AFL allow it, they are just far too corrupt.

It's using the system as it is. Motlop is a free agent. If GCS pay him a certain salary, Geel get a certain compo pick. The GCS are then committed to pay Motlop that salary. It's only dodgy if they try and then extend Motlop's contract for longer with little or no increase to salary total (what Hawthorn did with Vickery). Then Geelong can choose to do what they want with that draft pick. If they offer it to GCS for Ablett it's up to them to decide whether or not that is fair.

we should just give up on him like astbury and grimes then :p

Astbury and Grimes combined have had fewer injuries than Conca (despite their issues). I'm not calling for Conca to be delisted, I was pointing out that everyone has said exactly what you said about Conca every year..... he keeps getting injured. be happy with him as depth. Anything else is a bonus.

Astbury and Grimes combined have had fewer injuries than Conca (despite their issues). I'm not calling for Conca to be delisted, I was pointing out that everyone has said exactly what you said about Conca every year..... he keeps getting injured. be happy with him as depth. Anything else is a bonus.
yes I can read you don't have to retype what you already wrote lol

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree then :rainbow:

Not that it would be remotely realistic...but would anyone here swap Graham for a Lever?

I wouldn't, but I suspect my bias is clouding my judgement.

Not that it would be remotely realistic...but would anyone here swap Graham for a Lever?

I wouldn't, but I suspect my bias is clouding my judgement.
Are you trying to kill me?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i thought conca signed a 3y deal

Has anyone done this before? I don't think it would be allowed.

I think the closest was Port and Essendon, they tried to do it with the Ryder trade but the difference was he was still contracted and they wanted to null and void it to make him a FA and then on trade ports first pick for not much.

I reckon the AFL will allow it because it helps GC.

This exact comment has been said in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and now 2017.... issue is... and this is mindblowing.... he keeps getting injured. :eek: He is now depth, handy depth/fringe best 22.

2012 and 13 Reece was good and fit. It was after 2013 elim final his body fell apart.

Richmond season 2017 review: Jimmy Bartel on who the Tigers should target

Who they should target: The Tigers are in a great position where they don't have to give up too much with their stars still in their prime and a lot of the premiership players young and still emerging. The players who could fill the depth chart of what they need are at different stages of their football journey. Josh Schache was a No.2 draft pick and has some serious potential. One of the high picks and maybe a player from the Tigers' VFL team who is looking for more opportunities could satisfy the Lions for a player who hasn't looked settled away from home. Older options would be his Lions teammate Stefan Martin or Port Adelaide big man Matthew Lobbe, who is now on the outer at Alberton.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/afl...the-tigers-should-target-20171002-gyt3y6.html

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2017 Trade Free Agency and List Management Watch Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back