List Mgmt. 2017 Trade Free Agency and List Management Watch Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Was told earlier today that we would only consider Schache if the price was right.

Have subsequently heard that we don't rate him as being worth one of our first rounders, given perceived risks. We are worlds away from want Brisbane wants.

It's not a smokescreen, the club has gone very cold on him.

We will sit tight and wait for other clubs to get desperate. Our picks are required by so many clubs it's not funny. I really feel if we play our cards right there will be a team that will panic and pay overs for them.

Freo need 15 to 20 for Wilson
Carlton need 15 to 20 for Kennedy
Bombers need both our picks for all their
Melbourne need both our picks for Lever
Cats also need more picks

Am I missing anyone?

Was told earlier today that we would only consider Schache if the price was right.

Have subsequently heard that we don't rate him as being worth one of our first rounders, given perceived risks. We are worlds away from want Brisbane wants.

It's not a smokescreen, the club has gone very cold on him.

Any other words around the trap other than establishing the lay of the land.

Dodongo thinks you are all dreaming if you think you can get Schache for 15 or 17. It won't happen but keep dreaming.

then he stays in Brisbane or goes elsewhere, so be it, whats the problem?

I really have no problem with RFC going anywhere near playing hardball particularly after coughing up 6 and a lot of money for Prestia.

Its a welcome change as far as I am concerned and I am happy to invest in the draft with our first rounders anyway!!

take good quality picks into the draft allows us to do more in 2018 and beyond to be honest!!

We could even trade one of our 2017 first rounders for a 2018 first rounder if another club really needs it!!

Dodongo thinks you are all dreaming if you think you can get Schache for 15 or 17. It won't happen but keep dreaming.
Keep him. He won't be worth a 2nd rounder next year if he has another year with the similar output. Hopefully for you guys Pies get desperate and give pick 6.

Ah yes, we were all waiting for the professional opinion of Dodongo. Thank you for dropping your words of wisdom on us.

We're not talking Naish? His old man cost us at kardinia park, had a shot that would have won us the game and he missed. :huh:
Would have missed on Dusty if he kicked it.

would never buy into our preassure gamestyle.

has to give a shit
never does

The pressure side is less of a worry for me with his speed kicking and ability to play wing. In other words he may lack a little defensively but it is offset on the flanks in open space if the rest of the team repeats 2017 where the area is more condensed.

The main thing is he would need to have a crack , if he does not give a shit thats a problem, but I think he might be on too much coin atm which puts off some clubs probably

The pressure side is less of a worry for me with his speed kicking and ability to play wing. In other words he may lack a little but it is offset on the flanks if the rest of the team repeats 2017.

The main thing is he would need to have a crack , if he does not give a shit thats a problem, but I think he might be on too much coin atm which puts off some clubs probably
I've never seen him have a crack. Even our flankers in houli and bellis have a red hot go. Watts has no heart. don't want, and won't get

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any other words around the trap other than establishing the lay of the land.

No, very quiet first day and honestly don't expect much this trade period.

Tigers more likely to be involved in pick trading/upgrading than bringing in players.

No appetite to burn a spot on the list unless it fills a key need, and there's not a lot available that would.

But yeah, as always, if I hear anything I'll share.

The pressure side is less of a worry for me with his speed kicking and ability to play wing. In other words he may lack a little defensively but it is offset on the flanks in open space if the rest of the team repeats 2017 where the area is more condensed.

What would he be on in terms of coin at this point? I like his versatility and I hate his intensity and workrate.

Its easier to fix a players mentality than give them the natural ability Schache has. Plus he has only played 2 seasons and at a shit side who has been smashed most weeks. Everyone knows key position players take longer to develop. A trade home and being mentored by jack with our culture would make Schache a good player imo.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
People's mentality is often the hardest thing to change. Often it takes a life changing event to challenge someone to change.

Surprised we aren't looking at Devon Smith. We were linked to him last year at stages. Pick 17 could get it done too. Probably doesn't fill a need but can never have too many half forward/midfield types
Well down the priority list for us. We are really well off for small speedy half forwards.
Cost would be high $ and picks.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2017 Trade Free Agency and List Management Watch Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back