List Mgmt. 2017 Trade & Free Agency Discussion thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
tell us what you really mean NN. ;)

Thanks I'm glad someone noticed I've moderated my behaviour. I am clearly making great strides in my personal development.

It all goes back to the feedback i got from my guys last year.... they reckon I lacked empathy, so when I stated I couldn't give a shit about you anyway.....

Apparently suns now want Lang for abblet -
So says Damian Barrett - so it's prob incorrect
According to Sheehan it will be:

Darcy Lang to North Melbourne
Andrew Swallow to Gold Coast
Gary Ablett to Geelong

I'd do that in a heart beat.

I enjoyed this year more than the bullshit 9 - 0 streak the year before - some of our kids are exciting to watch

Is there any chance we might consider off loading any player who has been in the system say more than 3 years, for whatever we can get and then go to the draft with picks 130, 131, 132, 133, and so on up to about 160?

Might suit a few here.
:tearsofjoy:
POTY

If that were the case, I could seeing it being something like:
CATS- Out: Lang, 19. IN: Ablett
GC- Out: Ablett, 26. IN: Swallow, 19, 23
NM: Out: Swallow, 23. IN: Lang, 26

FMD Higgo. I wouldn't have pegged you for a Suns supporter.

That deal sucks. Were basically getting bent over taking others dregs to facilitate a trade that looks after one of our great serviceman and trading down a pick to boot!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We'd only be changing 3 or even 4th positions if we were exchanging picks.....but Darcy is not contracted and looking at options....Geelong want Ablett in, so I reckon I'd even push it to a 4th exchange. Not sure where Geelong/GC sit with their numbers in 3rd or 4th. But our 2nd...only direction that needs to go is up the order. 3rd preferably too.

Jono O'Rourke looks like he could go on the rookie list for Hawthorn. Nice to see the Hawks lose a trade deal occasionally.

And also a timely reminder to temper expectations when it comes to Paul Ahern! GWS don't always get it right.

There's some suggestion that the club are negotiating with LT so he can be paid out and retire.
Does "paid out" mean the full 2018 salary? Or do they negotiate something significantly less, due to no games played.

Am hearing the same line for swallow. May as well keep them on in the 2s if there is not much $$$ savings. It's not like we have a swag of strong draft picks to trade in replacements.

Does "paid out" mean the full 2018 salary? Or do they negotiate something significantly less, due to no games played.

Am hearing the same line for swallow. May as well keep them on in the 2s if there is not much $$$ savings. It's not like we have a swag of strong draft picks to trade in replacements.

We may have given them the option. Hard to imagine either wanting to spend their last year of AFL playing reserves.

and we may need 5 list changes next year anyway, if everything falls our way.

FMD Higgo. I wouldn't have pegged you for a Suns supporter.
Ideally, it would be us getting 19 in return for Swallow and 23 or simply some later round pick swaps, but I could see GC being stubborn and wanting to milk a little more out of Ablett
The one I posted was definitely not the deal I'd want but the way I can see it playing out (or maybe I'm just saying that and secretly I'm jumping ship to the Suns before they become successful so I can't be accused of being a bandwagoner...)

Ideally, it would be us getting 19 in return for Swallow and 23 or simply some later round pick swaps, but I could see GC being stubborn and wanting to milk a little more out of Ablett
The one I posted was definitely not the deal I'd want but the way I can see it playing out (or maybe I'm just saying that and secretly I'm jumping ship to the Suns before they become successful so I can't be accused of being a bandwagoner...)

Cats will probably part with 22 for Ablett.
North probably won't get anything for Spitta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back