• Eric Hipwood

• Jonathan Freeman

• Jack Repath

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't view Sam Reid as a realistic target. Collingwood or someone else will blow their cap and throw 800k at him because talls are in hot demand and he's the most talented one available on the FA market, and only 25. If we pay Martin 1mil, we can't afford 800k for a second tall type.

Casboult is the perfect fit. UFA, he's in his prime, has fixed up his goal kicking, can play 2nd ruck (an underrated aspect given if we picked up Schache, we would've likely been back to playing 3 talls as he can't ruck). He's on track to kick 35 goals this year and will kick 30+ next to Jack. Unlike Reid, might cost 400-500k max.

Jackson Trengove is moving up the order. Playing great footy. First time Port has really used him more up forward and he's starting to kick goals. I think Port will match any bid there.

I haven't even heard of a lot of the players on this list.
I'm all for signing Dusty for what he wants & then going a cheap tall option that can improve on Elton's output while we hit the draft hard.

Going home (and is a third tall). Might free up Darling though, but he is a third tall as well.

My bad I thought he was more 195cm like his brother. He certainly plays that way I think...

Throw a million and go after Lobbe from GWS and pick up Nick Riewoldt from Aints for a one year crack in 2018.
Both first round picks and if necessary andnext years for Lobbe. Lobbe will be a top 5 player in two years and is already a very good player.
Nick is likely to be a DFA, I would offer 1 year contract, low base. Had this convo on the weekend with a saints supporter and if we cant get another ready to go, I would for sure if his body is able.

Would look at Michael Close from that list. With hipwood staying and Schache staying I could see that he would be squeezed out. We don't have a 2nd this year but a future second may get the job done. Can play that 2nd tall that we need.

Would still look at Tippett for a short term deal as a FWD/RK (sorry). Will take the pressure off Jack and Nank and will be a major upgrade on anything tall we have if Hampson doesn't get up. to take him though we would have to trade a late pick and take most (but not all of his salary next year. If we think we are close enough then it will not break us and should help.

Throw a million and go after Lobbe from GWS and pick up Nick Riewoldt from Aints for a one year crack in 2018.
Both first round picks and if necessary andnext years for Lobbe. Lobbe will be a top 5 player in two years and is already a very good player.

Rory Lobb is a gun (matt lobbe at port however is average) but no way would I give up 3 firsts for him. He was drafted mature age and will be 25 in a few months. His range for improvement is not that high and he'll never be better than Lynch (gc) or Daniher.

But would still love him at the club.

My bad I thought he was more 195cm like his brother. He certainly plays that way I think...

Yeah 191cm and I worry about us taking him where he goes from behind tex, Jenkins and T.Lynch to being no. 2

Nick is likely to be a DFA, I would offer 1 year contract, low base. Had this convo on the weekend with a saints supporter and if we cant get another ready to go, I would for sure if his body is able.

Nick would be a great get but he rates the Saints list (I dont, zero stars unless they get kelly). Just can't see him leaving

Rory Lobb is a gun (matt lobbe at port however is average) but no way would I give up 3 firsts for him. He was drafted mature age and will be 25 in a few months. His range for improvement is not that high and he'll never be better than Lynch (gc) or Daniher.

But would still love him at the club.

Yeah 191cm and I worry about us taking him where he goes from behind tex, Jenkins and T.Lynch to being no. 2

Nick would be a great get but he rates the Saints list (I dont, zero stars unless they get kelly). Just can't see him leaving

Nick wont leave, I reckon they will move him on. The Saints have history of moving on aged stars when they need to.

Would look at Michael Close from that list. With hipwood staying and Schache staying I could see that he would be squeezed out. We don't have a 2nd this year but a future second may get the job done. Can play that 2nd tall that we need.

Would still look at Tippett for a short term deal as a FWD/RK (sorry). Will take the pressure off Jack and Nank and will be a major upgrade on anything tall we have if Hampson doesn't get up. to take him though we would have to trade a late pick and take most (but not all of his salary next year. If we think we are close enough then it will not break us and should help.
I'm interested in Michael Close also , drafted 2012 will be 23 in july only 23 games .
Is built like a brick shithouse 197 cm 98 kgs and is very aggressive not sure what's happened to him up there .
From vic country western districts .

On SM-A520F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm interested in Michael Close also , drafted 2012 will be 23 in july only 23 games .
Is built like a brick shithouse 197 cm 98 kgs and is very aggressive not sure what's happened to him up there .
Played 14 games in 2014 and looked good but then did his knee on Etihard's surface in round 2 (2015). Has kicked 21 goals from 23 games and is the perfect 2nd tall option as he already has the size just needs the gametime. McStay/Hipwood/Schache will be better players long term for Brisbane so Close could be squeezed out on the cheap, similar to Stewart from GWS now at Essendon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sign Dusty
Sam Reid as a FA.
Michael Close as a trade
First pick in the draft on Toby Wooller KPF/Midfielder
Second pick on Oscar Clavarino KPD
Match on Naish

Immediate KPF depth - Check
Help for Nank in the ruck - Chack
Improved Midfield depth - Check
Added Depth in the KPD stock - check

Going home (and is a third tall). Might free up Darling though, but he is a third tall as well.

Has he come out and said he is going back to Perth?

Of all the players on the OP's list this is the one we should be throwing the kitchen sink at.

Struggled the last 2 weeks so not worth a second rounder. A third or fourth rounder about his value.
2nd year kpf playing in a team that really have been depleted, He was a 1st round selection and will take another 1-2 years to be the finished product
Thats why i mentioned in earlier posts i would like to offer our 2 first rounders for the 3 players. Kennedy,Hopper,Himmelberg

On SM-A520F using BigFooty.com mobile app
This is where leppa will say nay or yay

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

This is where leppa will say nay or yay

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Specially considering that Leppa is the fowards coach he will know exactly his capabilities, At a guess he would be lucky to remain on the brisbane list with the new KPF they will bring in as well as Schache staying. #77 will do - free to a good home

Close has been out of favour, not exactly sure why, probably just team balance, as poor as their list is they actually have a heap of young talls.
As others have said Leppa is in a perfect situation to make the call.

Last edited:
Sign Dusty for another 5 years.
Sam Reid FA
Trade both first round picks for one in the top 10
Take a highly rated KPF with said top 10 pick
Leaves us with two third rounders to match for Naish.

Look at doing something with our future first for any young GWS mids that are looking elsewhere, such as a Hopper/Kennedy.
We may need to look at including a player or a later pick for either of those two though.

Backup plan to Dusty - Kelly and Hopper
Backup plan to Reid - Casboult ($$ pending) not worth anymore than $550k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sign Dusty for another 5 years.
Sam Reid FA
Trade both first round picks for one in the top 10
Take a highly rated KPF with said top 10 pick
Leaves us with two third rounders to match for Naish.

Look at doing something with our future first for any young GWS mids that are looking elsewhere, such as a Hopper/Kennedy.
We may need to look at including a player or a later pick for either of those two though.

Backup plan to Dusty - Kelly and Hopper
Backup plan to Reid - Casboult ($$ pending) not worth anymore than $550k.

Very vague mate

You want to trade our 2 1st rounders for a top 10 ? you wouldnt get any better than #8-#10 nobody will give you #3/#4
You want to take a highly rated KPF with the said pick - Who there is no McCartin,Patton,Boyd type thats a standout after #4
You want to trade our future 1st for GWS kids Hopper/Kennedy - Why not just trade this years ?
Reid will be asking $800k to move , "IF" Eddie isnt already into him - You coming around to Casboult ?

Now what do we do with Lemon :p

Very vague mate

You want to trade our 2 1st rounders for a top 10 ? you wouldnt get any better than #8-#10 nobody will give you #3/#4
You want to take a highly rated KPF with the said pick - Who there is no McCartin,Patton,Boyd type thats a standout after #4
You want to trade our future 1st for GWS kids Hopper/Kennedy - Why not just trade this years ?
Reid will be asking $800k to move , "IF" Eddie isnt already into him - You coming around to Casboult ?

Now what do we do with Lemon :p

The way the draft order is panning out, if we end up with a pick in between 5-10 I think a quality young tall will slip because the teams that will be below us won't need one.
Trading this years first rounders would counteract the above. Our midfield depth is okay, but I'd rather Hopper than Lambert. Key position forwards are the priority though.
I personally think if we can get Reid for $700-750k it would be an okay result.
Casboult/Kreuzer/Trengove etc are all better than what we have at present.

The way the draft order is panning out, if we end up with a pick in between 5-10 I think a quality young tall will slip because the teams that will be below us won't need one.
Trading this years first rounders would counteract the above. Our midfield depth is okay, but I'd rather Hopper than Lambert. Key position forwards are the priority though.
I personally think if we can get Reid for $700-750k it would be an okay result.
Casboult/Kreuzer/Trengove etc are all better than what we have at present.

How is our midfield depth ok ? We are lacking for any quality depth after Dusty,Cotchin prestia (still jury is out) Caddy Playing more fwd Edwards 29 and just cameo roles , Vlastuin still not there - We are extremely thin in inside mids - Kenndy & Hopper are perfect for our team and we are desperate for them
Hopper > Lambert
Kennedy > Edwards,Menadue

There are 2 KPF that are a standout in the draft Brander ,Ballendon (Brisbane academy) Sutherland (if he decides to play AFL The rest you could throw a blanket over and Hayes is another that may go top 5/6

Sydney are clearly looking to move Tippett to facilitate new contracts for Reid & Jones and even if they cant Collingwood will be all over Reid and to be honest i wouldnt blame Reid to go to Pies , Its only natural he wants to play with his brother (ben was on radio today speaking about this and said they constantly talk about playing together) - I would be extremely suprised if Sam comes to Richmond

Package Deal
Hopper,Himmelberg,Kenndey - This just make so much sens for Richmond

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back