List Mgmt. 2018 Draft, Free Agency & Trade Hypotheticals thread, Part II: Nothing happened!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
After trading thus far we now have draft picks 26,28,30,35, 40, 66, 84.

Blakey (if he goes pick 7 as expected) will then take pick 26 and 28 per discount points on index. We'lll still be left with some handy picks to draft with. Makes a great deal of sense converting our pick 13 as we did.

Unsure how deep this draft goes, but am excited where we now sit.
We don't have several of those picks

Currently 26, 33, 38, 39, 40, 70, 88

We have the forward line.

Papley, Ronke, Hayward, Franklin, McCartin, Reid (If fit) then players like Parker/JPK/Heeney spending time up there.

We need better mids to get them the ball and way better coaching for delivery into the 50.

The game plan and coaching is the main reason we don’t score

If Horse plays them there

Yeh midfielder would be good

If you can have one of kennedy Heeney parker forward at all times and roatating its good

Would love a minimum b grade mid to add to the team , just someone to hit a target

Pitty Kennedy isn’t a forwards arseh*le imo , just has never had that in his game.

The day he finishes as a contested ball freak the day he retires imo

2 years

He used to be a good kick for goal, never a great mark\
Jacks never become a good forward , can’t kick either side hurts

I think kennedy is in year one already of a 2 year decline

We don't have several of those picks

Currently 26, 33, 38, 39, 40, 70, 88

26 , 33 , 38 , 39 ,40

Ok on calculations from index and discount assuming he goes around pick 7 it means we forego picks 26, 33 app. Still leaves reasonable picks 38, 39 & 40. Should get reasonable talent still.

Thanks guys for the corrections

Would love a minimum b grade mid to add to the team , just someone to hit a target

I wouldn't mind the club looking with late draft picks gun mature aged midfielders in the VFL/WAFL/etc..... I don't watch those comps but could a J. Bolton (WAFL), M. Grigg (SANFL), Someone to come in be that player

Anyone on this board know of the mature ages in the lower leagues?

Ok on calculations from index and discount assuming he goes around pick 7 it means we forego picks 26, 33 app. Still leaves reasonable picks 38, 39 & 40. Should get reasonable talent still.

Thanks guys for the corrections
And while we're on the topic, so far our senior list is

Out: Foote, Hannebery, Rohan, Tippett, Towers
In: Clarke, Ronke

So we are able to use 26, 33, 38 for bidding purposes currently. If we delist further players that will open up picks 39, 40 etc

So we are able to use 26, 33, 38 for bidding purposes currently. If we delist further players that will open up picks 39, 40 etc

You would assume not all of Robinson, Newman, Rose & Maibaum would survive.

Pitty Kennedy isn’t a forwards arseh*le imo , just has never had that in his game.

The day he finishes as a contested ball freak the day he retires imo

2 years
I disagree.
Kennedy will move forward - as soon as we get someone to replace him - and will double the output of Rohan in both marks and goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You would assume not all of Robinson, Newman, Rose & Maibaum would survive.
Rose must be close to getting moved on. Another player who dominates NEAFL but hasn't made the leap.

What the hell is Langdon doing?

I thought rookies don’t get included upgraded until after the national draft, normally with the last pick available.

That would mean 39 is also in play.

I think you've misinterpreted me a bit. I wasn't having a crack, I was saying that people disappointed about not signing players should note that we clearly aren't targeting that area, we haven't for years. We are aiming at the draft for fresh players, so that's what we should expect
True, but I think the general consensus is that that's a mistake given that Buddy might have four years left in him. We need to strike while the irons hot. Plus targeting the draft is hard to do effectively without picks in the top 30.

True, but I think the general consensus is that that's a mistake given that Buddy might have four years left in him. We need to strike while the irons hot. Plus targeting the draft is hard to do effectively without picks in the top 30.
Heeney
Mills
Blakey ...

Basically our strategy is to build a team around top academy players. Time will tell if it works, but that is what we are trying to do.

I thought rookies don’t get included upgraded until after the national draft, normally with the last pick available.

That would mean 39 is also in play.
I said available for bidding, you can only use as many picks as you have spots on your list. Its actually an interesting grey area, does Ronke count as occupying a senior list spot now considering he was upgraded to the senior list and given a senior contract, or does he only count as occupying a spot after the draft?

You're correct that he only requires the last pick in the draft to be upgraded

IMO money changes MOST people , not everyone but MOST

It’s in most peoples nature to get ya back if work colleges are getting more

I see it day in day running a business, always down to the dollar and my workers talking shit about coin to each other and who gets paid more.
I have the same issue. You reward a good worker by giving them a raise, they talk and the not so hard workers crack the shites because they didn't get one. So frustrating.

What if Blakey goes higher than 7?

Right now 26, 33 and 38 will cover him almost to pick 3 (we’d get a slight deduction on 39)

If we traded 26 we would have 33, 38, 39, 40 which would cover him to 3 also and we would get pick 63 on points balance.

I said available for bidding, you can only use as many picks as you have spots on your list. Its actually an interesting grey area, does Ronke count as occupying a senior list spot now considering he was upgraded to the senior list and given a senior contract, or does he only count as occupying a spot after the draft?

You're correct that he only requires the last pick in the draft to be upgraded

Well he isn’t upgraded until the draft and his new contract doesn’t commence until after 31st October. I’d have to assume he isnt on the senior list until he is upgraded and he isn’t upgraded until the last draft selection!

Works in our favour. The other thing I would add is we run a senior list spot short don’t we? So we would have an extra selection anyway.

Slightly out of left-field, but I wouldn't mind having a look at Tom Bell and seeing what he could do at a new club.

Strong, decent size and he can kick a goal. I know Lions fans didn't rate him, but I thought he showed a lot of promise at Carlton.

Could do worse as far as depth goes IMO.

I know nothing about him but I really do think that we need a gun forward who can come in for a couple of years until McCartin develops. The last thing I want to do is ruin McCartins long term development to fill a short term hole. Buddy needs someone who can take the attention away from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back