List Mgmt. 2018 Draft, Free Agency & Trade Hypotheticals thread, Part II: Nothing happened!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know nothing about him but I really do think that we need a gun forward who can come in for a couple of years until McCartin develops. The last thing I want to do is ruin McCartins long term development to fill a short term hole. Buddy needs someone who can take the attention away from him.
Sinclair?

That's ok I am only repeating what his coach told me. What you do need to keep in mind when you say you don't recall him playing a great final is His average game was most players Great. The bloke is comfortably in the best 5 players that has ever pulled on a Red and White Jumper and it would still be up for debate as to where he would sit in that top 5.
As long
Our rookie draft picks this year better be stellar.
I thing we should change the title of the forum to;
2018 Draft, Free Agency & Trade Hypotheticals thread, Part II: It's not happening!

Well he isn’t upgraded until the draft and his new contract doesn’t commence until after 31st October. I’d have to assume he isnt on the senior list until he is upgraded and he isn’t upgraded until the last draft selection!

Works in our favour. The other thing I would add is we run a senior list spot short don’t we? So we would have an extra selection anyway.

We normally run the minimum 38 senior list spots.

I know nothing about him but I really do think that we need a gun forward who can come in for a couple of years until McCartin develops. The last thing I want to do is ruin McCartins long term development to fill a short term hole. Buddy needs someone who can take the attention away from him.

Sinclair?

Best case scenario when everyone is fit, IMO our forward line should be:

Hayward Reid Ronke
Papley Franklin Dawson

Hayward will be up to his 3rd season. I predict that he will kick 40+ goals in 19. McCartin will develop his kicking in the NEAFL. Draft Blakey. No need to focus too much on this area of the ground.

He used to be a good kick for goal, never a great mark\
Jacks never become a good forward , can’t kick either side hurts

I think kennedy is in year one already of a 2 year decline
Kennedy will be okay be he needs support from another inside mid. It doesn't like we will recruit one and I doubt the Mills or Jones will fill that void. We really needed Vandenberg to come to us

We normally run the minimum 38 senior list spots.

And max is 40? Since we have already delisted a few rookies (which I believe eat into the 39th and 40th senior list player we don’t carry), that would mean we have 5 list spots thus 26, 33, 38, 39 and 40 are all currently in play for us (assuming Ronke only joins the senior list at the end of the draft).

Edit: corrected typo thanks Mick.

And max is 40? Since we have already delisted a few rookies (which I believe eat into the 39th and 40th senior list player we don’t carry), that would mean we have 5 list spots thus 16, 33, 38, 39 and 40 are all currently in play for us (assuming Ronke only joins the senior list at the end of the draft).

And max is 40? Since we have already delisted a few rookies (which I believe eat into the 39th and 40th senior list player we don’t carry), that would mean we have 5 list spots thus 26, 33, 38, 39 and 40 are all currently in play for us (assuming Ronke only joins the senior list at the end of the draft).

Edit: corrected typo thanks Mick.
You’re welcome.

That's why I want Naismith in the team. Sinclair as an extra KPF and we'll hopefully win more clearances.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heeney
Mills
Blakey ...

Basically our strategy is to build a team around top academy players. Time will tell if it works, but that is what we are trying to do.
They aren't key forwards who require an opponent or two to match up on them.

Pitty Kennedy isn’t a forwards arseh*le imo , just has never had that in his game.

The day he finishes as a contested ball freak the day he retires imo

2 years

Shouldn't have to be. He has done everything bar being the ******* interchange steward ! Carried them for long enough. When he is shot he is shot. Will deserve his retirement and the anointed one Heeney should be expected to step up. Having said that he ain't going to Kennedy Levels.

Kennedy will be okay be he needs support from another inside mid. It doesn't like we will recruit one and I doubt the Mills or Jones will fill that void. We really needed Vandenberg to come to us
Was it you giving others grief on grammar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back