List Mgmt. 2018 Draft, Free Agency & Trade Hypotheticals thread, Part II: Nothing happened!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
just to make it clear. vdb approached us, he was not part of our draft strategy. it was clearly stated in an interview with harley early on.

i am very relieved we are not wasting money on another third defender who is decidedly one paced. his grand final was great (although he gave up the goal to to dom sheed) but he is an average player. we have rampe, allir and marsh who play the same position. mills as well though he will be moving to the mids apparently.

If there is we will never know i just put it down to its hard to pry players out of Victoria.
Providing more opportunity will do it. Langdon & Moore are starting 22 at the Pies & the ony way to get them out is $$$$$$$.

When we got JPK, Mummy, & McGlynn there were in & out of good teams. Opportunity was going to be tricky.

Providing more opportunity will do it. Langdon & Moore are starting 22 at the Pies & the ony way to get them out is $$$$$$$.

When we got JPK, Mummy, & McGlynn there were in & out of good teams. Opportunity was going to be tricky.
Good point. Weren’t the likes of Ted Richards and Craig Bolton also in a similar situation?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our training facilities seem cut below these other Vic clubs now. State government funded Holden Centre is way ahead of anything we can offer presently. Hopefully the new facilities announced at the B& F will help in a few years. Even Naught Melbourne have top facilities. West Coast, Geelong, Hawks.
This has been one area I've been concerned about with our club.
The thought of my state government throwing my tax dollars into a private enterprise makes me sick. Fortunately I live in Victoria so I'm all for it.

Perhaps the more obvious explanation is that they will play for clubs that are seen as on the cusp of a premiership, They probably don't see us as close. Maybe they see us as slipping down the ladder. Also both Melbourne and Collingwood play a really attacking game plan. You can fill in the rest.

seriously is there issues at the club atm

I doubt it. We are just not this beacon of quality culture that we’ve always been made out to be. We’ve never been any more of a ‘destination club’ than any other club. I never bought into that hype. Right now we’re a middle of the ladder side. Collingwood just played in a grand final. Richmond finished first on the ladder. Hawthorn have the best coach in the competition. West Coast are the premiers. They are the destination clubs at the moment because they’re having their moments in the sun. We had ours after 2012 when we got Tippett and Buddy. Once we go back up the ladder again, the hype about our culture will re-appear and we’ll be a more appealing prospect.

So let me get this straight. We heard less than a week ago Moore, Langdon and Goldsack were being forced out of Collingwood because of salary cap pressure. Yet Moore has stayed, Langdon has stayed, they were talking about getting May and now Beams wants in. Either the media have NFI, which is quite possible, or there Collingwood are doing so many underhanded deals that it is laughable. I strongly expect the likes of Langdon and Moore will suddenly have semi regular appearances on 9 or Foxtel with their appearance fees abnormally high.

Not gonna lie, I’m pretty pissed off not getting Langdon. He would’ve been an awesome get IMO.

But like I said, we ain’t doing peanuts in 2019.

2020 our attack begins. I think we’re going to land a big fish next trade period in time for the commencement of our window opening in 2020.
Yer next year

I hear this every year

We will loose players before getting in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back