List Mgmt. 2018 Draft, Free Agency & Trade Hypotheticals thread, Part II: Nothing happened!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yer next year

I hear this every year

We will loose players before getting in

We’ll lose old players. Jack, Grundy, McVeigh and maybe Smith. And like I said, this insistence on youth and the draft instead of recruiting established players tells me the club has it’s eyes on 2020 onwards as much as the present. Makes sense to land that big fish when you’re about to launch into contention. I think the club may know we’re not there yet tbh

We’ll lose old players. Jack, Grundy, McVeigh and maybe Smith. And like I said, this insistence on youth and the draft instead of recruiting established players tells me the club has it’s eyes on 2020 onwards as much as the present. Makes sense to land that big fish when you’re about to launch into contention. I think the club may know we’re not there yet tbh
Let’s see what florent and jones do when there contracts are up

I’ve already conceded we’ll lose a few, no way we can keep that many all together for the next decade. As long as we have the bulk of them all locked in we will have a team and a half to work with when they enter their primes.

If we let Florent go though I will cut sick and not in a good way

Just ******* annoying and jealous that Richmond, hawks and pies are adding quality and leaving us behind

We got buddy and hasn’t helped us.

Focus on our team, not what other teams are doing

Not getting Langdon could be a blessing in disguise. Finlayson would be the better get in my opinion, but that’ll depend on whether the recruiters are wearing blinkers!
Agreed. I wasn't that sold on Langdon anyway, particularly for the kind of dollars (however speculative) that was reportedly offered.

Agreed. I wasn't that sold on Langdon anyway, particularly for the kind of dollars (however speculative) that was reportedly offered.

I somewhat agree. I wouldn’t say I wasn’t sold on him, I just think we had no chance as I’m seeing a huge trend in Victorians ‘wanting’ to be in Victoria.

Not getting Langdon could be a blessing in disguise. Finlayson would be the better get in my opinion, but that’ll depend on whether the recruiters are wearing blinkers!

Far better kick, more flexible, cheaper and already owns property in Sydney. What’s the hold up!

With his height and kicking skills he’d be great on a wing at the SCG delivering into our forwards

I somewhat agree. I wouldn’t say I wasn’t sold on him, I just think we had no chance as I’m seeing a huge trend in Victorians ‘wanting’ to be in Victoria.
I think he is probably a good player, but just not an immediate need. We already have Aliir who is pretty good at intercepting and is taller, quicker and probably a better kick. I would rather another taller athletic defender who along with Melican can take the key forward which frees up Rampe and Aliir.

We obviously have Grundy still, but at best for one more year and I would rather next year was the year that we restructure the defence with Grundy as a backup.

Langdon:
Yys57Hj.png

Finlayson:
QLkq323.png

Both considered general defenders

I’m going to go as far as to say ‘equalisation has gone too far’. The loss of COLA is affecting, not only our club’ but clearly GWS and maybe the Queensland clubs (did they have it?). Victorians wanting to go home to Victoria is not good for a National competition and something really needs to be done about it. I’m all for holding players to their contracts and all for clubs holding themselves to their own contracts too. A possible solution has to be a maximum length to contracts and I think 3 years is that mark. All my opinion of course but let’s stop both player and club getting it so wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is going to Carlton most likely to be among the other 20 GWS players.
You'd have to think he is very gettable for us if we are interested.

Only recently re-signed with the Giants, therefore committed to wanting to stay in Sydney.
Just bought a house apparently.

Im ok even if we dont spend the war chest this year. Renegotiate a few current contracts to pay extra in 2019 so we can through everything at someone next year.
If we wanted a big fish we may be better off spending under the cap. Based on my interpretation of the salary cap rules, whatever we go under in cap spend we can spend next year over the cap.

Just ******* annoying and jealous that Richmond, hawks and pies are adding quality and leaving us behind
I'm not so mch as jealous as I am pissed off. We pick up two good players and we get a trade ban and COLA removed. The Vic clubs do more than this and get a pat on the back. The AFL isn't happy unless the money all clubs, Collingwood, Hawthorn, Richmond, Carlton, Essendon, etc, are succeeding because they bring bums on seats. There is no equiality or conscionabilty in this competition.

Yeah, well let Both of them go for second rounders because they nominate their Victorian club of choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back