List Mgmt. 2018 Draft thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty sure Brodie’s brother is a poster on here actually
Not me. :eek:

But it would be an intellectual with flair for words. :D

If he’s anything like his brother :p

Unfortunately that can't be further from the truth, he is the most accurate mock drafter in the game and is held in extremely high regard by recruiters, but I still don't want quaynor as my first pick
You might find Emma Quayle has that title.

Unsure why recruiters worry too much about mock drafts.*

They’d do their own draft boards and go from there.

* the only value looking at mock drafters picks is to just check off any “missed” player - a just in case.

You might find Emma Quayle has that title.

Unsure why recruiters worry too much about mock drafts.*

They’d do their own draft boards and go from there.

* the only value looking at mock drafters picks is to just check off any “missed” player - a just in case.

Emma Quayle was miles better then who are the Draft Jurno's these Days.

Was sad when she went to GWS be part of the Recruiting Team

Emma Quayle was miles better then who are the Draft Jurno's these Days.

Was sad when she went to GWS be part of the Recruiting Team
Agree young man.

Unfortunately that can't be further from the truth, he is the most accurate mock drafter in the game and is held in extremely high regard by recruiters, but I still don't want quaynor as my first pick
No he’s not. His mock drafts are garbage as a general rule, up until a couple of days before the draft, when he gets a better idea of who clubs are interested in. His phantom form guides are terrible. He was talking up Callum Brown as a possible top 20 pick a few years ago ffs...

No he’s not. His mock drafts are garbage as a general rule, up until a couple of days before the draft, when he gets a better idea of who clubs are interested in. His phantom form guides are terrible. He was talking up Callum Brown as a possible top 20 pick a few years ago ffs...

and Same as saying Tyler was Worth a Pick in the 20's

There were multiple in 01 draft why can't there also be in 2018?
ah it was just a cheap shot at exaggeration and clickbait. The terms "Legend" and "Superstar" have been overused and devalued so now they've moved on to "once in a generation".
I believe the standard measure of a generation is 20 years? I guess in footy terms it would be more like 8-10 years?
For me, at any given time, there may not even be a player of this standard out there. Buddy is probably the only player I would have in this category who plays at the moment. I guess the term is a bit ambiguous, so people can take it how they like.

ah it was just a cheap shot at exaggeration and clickbait. The terms "Legend" and "Superstar" have been overused and devalued so now they've moved on to "once in a generation".
I believe the standard measure of a generation is 20 years? I guess in footy terms it would be more like 8-10 years?
For me, at any given time, there may not even be a player of this standard out there. Buddy is probably the only player I would have in this category who plays at the moment. I guess the term is a bit ambiguous, so people can take it how they like.

Yeah I would say between 10-15 years for footy generation. It is a bit of a throw away line at times, I agree, but I think the point is there are a lot of top end talent that will go onto big things this draft and some of them are talents that only come around so often.

I guess it depends on the standard you give "generational" players, they tend to be freaks that posess special traits to turn a game and are champions of the game. Buckley was one imo for example.

Actually looking at draft rankings accuracy completed on here (really interesting study worth checking out) he has come second to Brett Anderson two years ago and came about fifth last year behind BA and a couple of our writers.

He’s still up there in terms of talking to people but much more accurate close to the draft (like everyone).

As long as we get Quaynor after our 1st pick....I'm not worried. Going into points deficit next year is no big deal. Just means potentially our next years 2nd round, and/or 3rd round picks are shuffled down the order depending on where Quaynor and Kelly are bid on...
So long as it is not our 1st being shuffled down, then it's no big deal.

After taking 3-4 plus 1-2 rookies in this years draft, i think the list is youthful enough to then have a much quieter 2019 draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree he’s very average to poor in this area.
Not one worth following.

Probably being a bit harsh, but just find he over rates Collingwood types.

Last edited:
Actually looking at draft rankings accuracy completed on here (really interesting study worth checking out) he has come second to Brett Anderson two years ago and came about fifth last year behind BA and a couple of our writers.

He’s still up there in terms of talking to people but much more accurate close to the draft (like everyone).
I’m not as interested who picks the order best, truth be told.*

I’m much much more interested in the blurbs, detail, information of the juniors coming through.

Then it’s fun to re-read them post draft.

* Emma Quayle was my favourite for this projection. Liked her writing style too. And knowledge.

I’m not as interested who picks the order best, truth be told.*

I’m much much more interested in the blurbs, detail, information of the juniors coming through.

Then it’s fun to re-read them post draft.

* Emma Quayle was my favourite for this projection. Liked her writing style too. And knowledge.
It was nice having a reporter that actually you know, did their job properly and reported.

She wasn’t doing it so her team got the upper hand or anything, she purely did it because she loved getting to know the players and what made them tick.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2018 Draft thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back