News 2018 Finals ticketing info and questions (See the other thread for ticket trading)

Remove this Banner Ad

Damn it I wish I hadve read about their server infrastructure sooner grrrr. Ok here are some pointers for tomorrow (sorry peeps that missed out today but if it’s any consolation I too got stuck with shithouse seats for top dollar with a legends membership)

1. Don’t log on anything before 9am, despite the screen saying you’re in the queue (which “technically” you are) you’ll just sit in a pool until all of the traffic entering after the seats go live clears then it will begin processing that pool. The best time to enter is in the first 90seconds after 9.00am.

2. DONT log into your Ticketek account if you have one first before putting in your barcodes and searching for tickets, it just adds an extra field query and since the membership barcode data hasn’t been individualised (hence why any AFL member of any club is able to go in and enter their barcode and it will allow them to buy tickets as long as it’s a valid number grrrr) it’ll be trying to match to fields that don’t exist and you’ll end up timing out (it’ll take a while to time out and cocktease you with the queue countdown screen, but you will time out) and wasting your time so don’t be tempted thinking it will save time later, it doesnt

3. When you finally get to the screen that asks you what ticket type you want, don’t select Best Available or Any Area - you’ll have a far better chance if you make your request short and specific so it searches less tables eg. so choose Category 3, Ponsford Stand etc

4. Having a number of browsers open on the same computer all in the queue will not increase your chances of getting in, it is more likely to time you out but your tabs won’t recognise your connections’ dropped and it’ll keep spinning making you think you’re still in the queue. You’re not.

5. Be careful if you’re using wifi or a WLAN at work, especially if you’re using your mobile or a tablet to buy tickets - there seems to be some particularly dodgy logic in their appserver that appears to flag mobile and tablet users as bots when they’re real live humans and locks them out...I suspect their antiscalping security program is detecting the concurrent connections from the same IP from different devices so it locks them out, as from anecdotal Twitter evidence it appears they also get the angry robot on their laptops as well. This goes for the Ticketek app too, all it does is redirect to an iframe of the mobile server which looks like another connection. Just turn off wifi and use your phones 4G

6. For what it’s worth too, non-tech related, it appears to be easier to get 2 tickets together than say 5-6 in a batch, so if you have to buy a bunch maybe think of splitting them up you’ll have better luck that way.

Oh, and make sure in your browser settings you have “Accept third-party cookies” turned ON and your security settings aren’t blocking JavaScript. So if you’ve got Platinum Membership - https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/account/upgrades ;) or similar turn it off
What you mean any members barcodes work?
You telling me eagles members could have bought tickets to our game today? No way.

It's been the case since I've been an AFL member, and I am now a gold member (as of last year). I think I signed up in 2007.

Oh really did not know that! Well hopefully I get a ticket!! Have been to every Collingwood final in Melbourne since 2002 and have never missed a ticket and that includes the Geelong games when we drew 98,000 in 2007 and 95,000 in 2010! Fingers crossed but I have a feeling this is going to be harder to get some how

Feeling for my father in law.

Tigers supporter. Missed ballot last year. Been a member for years. He lined up overnight last night. Managed to get tickets for family.

Also upgraded his membership this year to make sure he didn't have to go through the ballot if they made it.

Then today he was admitted to hospital. Needs major surgery out of the blue. Life saving surgery.

If they make it and we don't, he will prob be too sick to go. Will likely still be in hospital. Puts it all in perspective.

Tigers supporter. Missed ballot last year. Been a member for years. He lined up overnight last night. Managed to get tickets for family.

Also upgraded his membership this year to make sure he didn't have to go through the ballot if they made it.

Then today he was admitted to hospital. Needs major surgery out of the blue. Life saving surgery.

If they make it and we don't, he will prob be too sick to go. Will likely still be in hospital. Puts it all in perspective.
That’s awful mate, hope he’s ok

Let’s say Collingwood win this week...
Suppose I have access to 3 AFL gold memberships but the club of choice for the memberships is a non competing club. How likely am I to secure Grand Final tickets in this situation?
Thanks all

I got a GF ticket to 2012 and I was a silver member of a non competing club.

If WCE make the GF it's possible that silver members of the competing Victorian club still get a chance to get a ticket.

That’s terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All the best to him. Get well.

Hope that all goes well for him, wish him well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good luck with your tickets today also Maggie5.
Thanks CFC, sitting here waiting. Will be so disappointed if I miss out, like you been to almost every game except the interstate ones. Exc Adelaide of course.
Feeling very jumpy.

Thanks CFC, sitting here waiting. Will be so disappointed if I miss out, like you been to almost every game except the interstate ones. Exc Adelaide of course.
Feeling very jumpy.

I was the same yesterday...…..still have a sick feeling in my stomach telling my kids they missed out yesterday.

How many tickets you going for?

I was the same yesterday...…..still have a sick feeling in my stomach telling my kids they missed out yesterday.

How many tickets you going for?
Going for two as my daughter is buying her three separately. Thought we would have better luck splitting up the tickets.

If I get them and she doesn't, will give my ticket to grand-daughter who is gold AFL. Put her name down when she was born.

Going for two as my daughter is buying her three separately. Thought we would have better luck splitting up the tickets.

If I get them and she doesn't, will give my ticket to grand-daughter who is gold AFL. Put her name down when she was born.

You will be right Maggie5.

Make sure you use your phone also.

It still pisses me off the Tigers supporters could select the Collingwood members tab yesterday. Bullshit system.

I will be there anyway shouting loud and proud.

You will be right Maggie5.

Make sure you use your phone also.

It still pisses me off the Tigers supporters could select the Collingwood members tab yesterday. Bullshit system.

I will be there anyway shouting loud and proud.
Phone no good for me, only have 100MB and have used up data so will be desktop and laptop like last time.

Remove this Banner Ad

News 2018 Finals ticketing info and questions (See the other thread for ticket trading)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back