Injury 2018 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone catch a mention of what lobb may have done to himself? All I have heard mentioned was a knee but it looked like it was an ankle

It looked like an ankle on the field but all the testing, etc, was around his knee. Probably just jarred if he went back out.

I know it never happens but if we have a decent run with injuries our team in a few weeks could be
Shaw Davis Haynes
Griffen Tomlinson Whitfield
Coniglio Kelly Hopper
Taranto Cameron Greene
Langdon Patton HH

Lobb Shiel Ward
Lids DeBoer Finlayson Bonar/Shipley/Buckley/

Toby Greene Hamstring Available
Rory Lobb Knee Test
Matt Buntine Knee 1-2 weeks
Adam Kennedy Knee 2-3 weeks
Brent Daniels Knee 2-3 weeks
Zac Langdon Hand 2-3 weeks
Tom Scully Ankle 9-11 weeks
Zac Williams Achilles TBC
Will Setterfield Knee Season

Just bone bruising for Lobb but still would like to see Simpson get a run if Lobb has any doubt, this week the 2's are away to the Suns but not sure where it is being player due to the C games and then a bye the week after which should see hopefully 2 or 3 of Buntine, Kennedy, Daniels and Langdon back in for a run even if it is limited game time for the curtain raiser on the 28

Langdons bones seem to heal quickly, which is great. Great news on Rory, not certain the big lugs not a better matchup for Sandilands. Just shadow him everywhere, come to the benchwhen he does etc. He probably won' beat him but he's big and strong and can make a contest.
On the other hand Rory's mobility gives us a contested marking weapon of our own, and whatever you think of him as a tap ruck, he's a scrapper.

Toby Greene Hamstring Available
Rory Lobb Knee Test
Matt Buntine Knee 1-2 weeks
Adam Kennedy Knee 2-3 weeks
Brent Daniels Knee 2-3 weeks
Zac Langdon Hand 2-3 weeks
Tom Scully Ankle 9-11 weeks

Just bone bruising for Lobb but still would like to see Simpson get a run if Lobb has any doubt, this week the 2's are away to the Suns but not sure where it is being player due to the C games and then a bye the week after which should see hopefully 2 or 3 of Buntine, Kennedy, Daniels and Langdon back in for a run even if it is limited game time for the curtain raiser on the 28
We might start dominating NEAFL games in a few weeks for a change. It's in Mackay BTW, noticed the location in the NEAFL report

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I cant see tweets but I assume it's Tiziani out for the year?

Gonna be a real test of character to go on I think. After working an extra year to get drafted, no real sniff of an AFL debut.( emergency, talked up by Leon, etc) I guess he needs to rehab, and he won' get better medical care than at he club.He's a young man and afterwards he might face a decision. If he does go on we'll know he doesn't lack commitment.

From the video of the rehab report it sounds like Tiziani is a really bad ACL with the PCL also done and a few other things so it will be challenging for him to come back from and I am sure the club will stick by him but it looks like a long road back for him so wish him the best

Good to see Buntine and Kennedy will be back playing in a couple of weeks hope they can get back to their best

GIANTS Injury List - April 17

Josh Kelly Groin Test
Rory Lobb Knee Test
Zac Langdon Hand Test
Matt Buntine Knee 1 weeks
Adam Kennedy Knee 1-2 weeks
Brent Daniels Knee 1-2 weeks
Tom Scully Ankle 8-10 weeks
Lachie Tiziani Knee Season

Remove this Banner Ad