Injury 2018 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

62197ed66bb07dfe09b1faec08ac58a7.gif

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

What is going on?
Really bad luck, and a commitment to the players long term?

Deledio worries none most. We're committed this year and missing one game isn't the end of the world. If it's a pattern and becomes disruptive maybe a cruel decision about him playing NEAFL for the stability of the side might have to be made. It was stability that hurt us last year I think. I hope not and it's still too early to tell how the season will pan out. It's not gonna be the kind of injury run the Tigers and Crows had last year but it might turn around.

Really bad luck, and a commitment to the players long term?

Deledio worries none most. We're committed this year and missing one game isn't the end of the world. If it's a pattern and becomes disruptive maybe a cruel decision about him playing NEAFL for the stability of the side might have to be made. It was stability that hurt us last year I think. I hope not and it's still too early to tell how the season will pan out. It's not gonna be the kind of injury run the Tigers and Crows had last year but it might turn around.
Seems that way.

We've known Jezza's toe hasn't been right for a few weeks. Lids was always going to have to be managed.

I'm more worried about the mysteriousness around Greene, Lobb and Kelly. All seem to have pulled up with injuries with very indefinite time frames.

Seems that way.

We've known Jezza's toe hasn't been right for a few weeks. Lids was always going to have to be managed.

I'm more worried about the mysteriousness around Greene, Lobb and Kelly. All seem to have pulled up with injuries with very indefinite time frames.
Itm think it's a bit to do with getting them right later when we need them. Seems to be the case with Kelly at least.
Jezza lookedp yo kick ok on Saturday to me so I thought he was over the hump, but it's the medical staff that know I guess.
I hear what you said though, but we go on and I keep hoping. What choice is there.

What is going on?

Most of these problems - groin strains, mysterious "hot spots" - are classic "overuse" injuries. The only way to heal them is with complete rest.

Once you reach a certain level of fitness, the law of diminishing returns kicks in. We might need to ease up a bit with training.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A quarter of our list... :eek:

And eight of which are undoubtedly best 22.
Yup, when you just get the news in bits you think hmmmmm getting bad, but when you see the list in full it's very stark, we are either at or beyond last years injury impact given the key players involved.

He's been playing with a broken big toe on at least 3 weeks. Club report said they'll rest him with a 6 day break.
wow thats crazy for him to do that

Remove this Banner Ad

Back