Injury 2018 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Physio Boyle is doing the reports now. Is Webber goneski?? Off to Carlton I hope.

Didn't see Weber at Sunday's game.

Thought Ross didn't pull any punches in Webber's direction post-match

You have quite an injury toll now?
"It’s a big number now, I think we are looking at 14 or 15 players on our list. It’s a bit of a challenge, a fair bit of quality in there. There are more than we desire in there. I think not only have Richmond proven to be the best team, they have the best availability as they did last year. We’d all like to get their secret for success of player availability. If you look around, GWS, Port Adelaide, those teams around the mix are losing players. It’s going to be very difficult to compete against Richmond with a full list."

When Ross became coach of St Kilda first thing he did was get rid of their notorious "Training Services" and bring in his mate David Misson after which they went from the team with consistently the worst to consistently the best player availability.

Thought Ross didn't pull any punches in Webber's direction post-match

You have quite an injury toll now?
"It’s a big number now, I think we are looking at 14 or 15 players on our list. It’s a bit of a challenge, a fair bit of quality in there. There are more than we desire in there. I think not only have Richmond proven to be the best team, they have the best availability as they did last year. We’d all like to get their secret for success of player availability. If you look around, GWS, Port Adelaide, those teams around the mix are losing players. It’s going to be very difficult to compete against Richmond with a full list."

When Ross became coach of St Kilda first thing he did was get rid of their notorious "Training Services" and bring in his mate David Misson after which they went from the team with consistently the worst to consistently the best player availability.
Rightly so.

Needs to be a full review of this department IMO.

Blokes like Logue didn't even get on the park this year.

INJURY LIST - UPDATED TUESDAY 14 AUGUST 2018
Tom North Hamstring Test
Nat Fyfe Hamstring Test
Joel Hamling Calf 1 week
Aaron Sandilands Calf 1 week
Stephen Hill Quad 1-2 weeks
Cam Sutcliffe Hamstring 2 weeks
Harley Bennell Calf TBA
Luke Ryan Hamstring TBA
Michael Walters Hamstring TBA
Griffin Logue Ankle Season
Connor Blakely Knee Season
Michael Apeness Hamstring Season
Andy Brayshaw Jaw Season

Far out, the majority of our top end are on that list. We’ll be fielding half a Peel side this week.

Rightly so.

Needs to be a full review of this department IMO.

Blokes like Logue didn't even get on the park this year.

We’re definitely getting something wrong.

My Eagle supporting mate was suggesting we were mad to continue playing Sandi whilst we’re rebuilding as he won’t be part of our premiership tilt. I explained that the stop gap in Griffin did his knee and we couldn’t get him back playing. Then the same for his planned replacement in Clarke. The same for the developing ruckman in Apeness.

Now there’s a huge gap between him and a 19 year old Darcy who needs support while he develops but has been unavailable for most of the year anyway because he’s did his knee too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is the total number of soft tissue injuries we've had this season compared with other seasons? And how many were sustained at home vs away? I'd be curious if the new stadium has had an impact

Haven't done the research myself but here's WC's current injury list:

upload_2018-8-15_2-44-11.png
That's prima facie evidence that our epidemic of soft-tisue injuries can't be attributed to the new stadium. To the extent that it may have had an initial influence you would expect the S&C people to adjust for it as WC seem to have done.

Far out, the majority of our top end are on that list. We’ll be fielding half a Peel side this week.

It'd be interesting to compare it to the same round last year to see if we're improving in this area. I can remember Walters and Blakely being out, did Fyfe, Sandi and Mundy finish last year?

Looks like Ryan, Wilson and Switta onto the injury list if this mornings training is anything to go by.
Ryan’s TBA is now season
Walters TBA is now ok - RTB said he is playing

Salim any update on Bennell and his TBA?

I imagine Wilson is being managed. Can’t afford him out with Ryan done.

Ryan’s TBA is now season
Walters TBA is now ok - RTB said he is playing

Salim any update on Bennell and his TBA?

I imagine Wilson is being managed. Can’t afford him out with Ryan done.

Bennell trained spot on, some thought he trained well enough for senior spot, Sandi ,Hill and Hamling all trained in a rehab group

Remove this Banner Ad

Back