List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

What is the maximum (walk away point) you would pay for Bolton.

• 9 OR 10

Votes: 11 8.1%
  • 9 & 25

Votes: 25 18.4%
  • 9 & 17

Votes: 64 47.1%
  • 9 & F1

Votes: 16 11.8%
  • 9 & 10

Votes: 18 13.2%
  • 9, 10 & 17

Votes: 2 1.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Bolton v Warner

Let’s entertain the idea that we have equal chance of both BUT can select only one.

Personally, and probably against the masses, I think Bolton suits our team more. The whole ‘runs hot or cold’ argument is likely symptomatic of playing with the tigers.

Assuming the cost is the same in terms of price and picks, I’m actually in the Bolton corner.

Bolton v Warner

Let’s entertain the idea that we have equal chance of both BUT can select only one.

Personally, and probably against the masses, I think Bolton suits our team more. The whole ‘runs hot or cold’ argument is likely symptomatic of playing with the tigers.

Assuming the cost is the same in terms of price and picks, I’m actually in the Bolton corner.
I’d be happy with either but Warner is a few years younger which is an added bonus.
We got to get used to trading in mature mid 20s players from now on though as we transition from building for the future to actually trying to win a flag.

Bolton v Warner

I think Bolton should be cheaper, he's not as good. Tigers fan will scream they'd want the world but he's only traded if Richmond are open to it so being contracted to 2028 is no different to 2025 and with less incentive to be difficult compared to Sydney. I'm pretty positive we are all in on Chad anyway

I think Bolton should be cheaper, he's not as good. Tigers fan will scream they'd want the world but he's only traded if Richmond are open to it so being contracted to 2028 is no different to 2025 and with less incentive to be difficult compared to Sydney. I'm pretty positive we are all in on Chad anyway
Warner is get able Bolton no
Richmond have come out swinging . He's not on the table and he's happy to stay . His dad played for Freo . Not many games though

Warner is get able Bolton no
Richmond have come out swinging . He's not on the table and he's happy to stay . His dad played for Freo . Not many games though
Yeah, agreed, if they were open to it, they wouldn't have been as strong. I've said previously I think thats the wrong move and they should be leaning into trading Bolton and keeping Baker but maybe they couldn't keep him

I agree being willing to even entertain a trade for some contracted for a further 4 full seasons on top of the current automatically devalues them a bit.

If the AFL had introduced future picks beyond just the one year (as it currently stands) for this upcoming trade period, I'd have gunned for both. Go "all in". As it is, I'd prefer Chad. But only just...

I think Bolton only moves if he is having a big falling out with the club/coach/playing group and all of those present problems for a new club - like Clayton Oliver would moving to another football state after a falling out.

Bolton is contracted so long and Richmond aren't contending for a while so if there were family reasons to need to be closer to WA the club could afford to let him just spend a lot more time here during the season and retain him for the many years after.

If the AFL had introduced future picks beyond just the one year (as it currently stands) for this upcoming trade period, I'd have gunned for both. Go "all in". As it is, I'd prefer Chad. But only just...
I hope to God they don't every bring trading picks years in the future.

Imagine if we had traded 2-3 years of draft picks before we fell off the cliff in 2016...

I hope to God they don't every bring trading picks years in the future.

Imagine if we had traded 2-3 years of draft picks before we fell off the cliff in 2016...

Apparently there are clubs that want to be able to trade picks 3-4 years down the line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently there are clubs that want to be able to trade picks 3-4 years down the line.

I’d hope we don’t trade too many future picks tbh.

It’d be fun seeing a few other clubs implode when they trade their their 2029 first rounder in 2025 and win the wooden spoon in 2029 - as long as pick one doesn’t go a team I don’t like that is.

I’d hope we don’t trade too many future picks tbh.

It’d be fun seeing a few other clubs implode when they trade their their 2029 first rounder in 2025 and win the wooden spoon in 2029 - as long as pick one doesn’t go a team I don’t like that is.

Would love the bombers future picks.

I can see them being bottom 4 in 2028 and 2029, but could overrated there list.

I sure hope we're in the 'rush of clubs' to get Ben Ainsworth.

I agree. If Cameron is really on the outer, and he's keen to come to Freo, he's the one to go after because he will come considerably cheaper than Bolton. Sure, Charlie has less of his playing days left but it could bridge the gap until Simpson or Delean are ready. And the rest go into chasing Warner, either this year, or roll them into next year.
I'd love to have Cameron. Could take Walters' spot. He's Swanny which is a bonus. Like you said he's not young, It'd have to be at the right price.

Personally if it took all our first rounders to get Warner I'd probably do it.

Warner, Bolton and Cameron are all players that would make us better.

Our small forwards would look rubbish with uncompetitive talls and a midfield that is missing their first possession winners too, so I don't hold that against Bolton.

He doesn't have the polish of Walters
Walters is almost gone. Bolton is in his prime.

Baker is an interesting one. We need to save some cash to sign Treacy on a big deal to secure him long term. We also need money for Brayshaw and we are targeting a big fish 2024/25. Will Baker make a big enough difference to justify the 800k salary he is asking? Would prefer to give the money to Treacy, Brayshaw and lure Warner over.

Baker is an interesting one. We need to save some cash to sign Treacy on a big deal to secure him long term. We also need money for Brayshaw and we are targeting a big fish 2024/25. Will Baker make a big enough difference to justify the 800k salary he is asking? Would prefer to give the money to Treacy, Brayshaw and lure Warner over.
We are assuming we can do all of the above. If we can't then I certainly don't want Baker.

Bolton v Warner

Ahaahahaha wot.

Warner is playing like Chris Judd at West Coast currently…as long as my arse points to the ground I’m not taking Bolton over that potetential…

22 years old and no OP…holy shit, give yourself an uppercut 🤦‍♀️😂

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back